Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Can I turn over microwave to fleishig as a guest
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

Reality

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 9:57 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
It's good to really read a post well before being rude and bashing.

Nobody was rude or bashing. Octopus apologized. No reason to stick it to her after she apologized. You are the one who is coming across as unyielding.

Reality

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 9:59 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
I think that asking permission to use appliances at a host depends on the apartment. If it's an official guest/hachnosas orchim apartment that's only used for guests and no one lives there, do you need permission to use appliances in the apartment? Isn't it a given that the appliances in the guest apartment are for the guests use?

And that's why when I needed to stay at an hachnasas orchim apartment and use the bikkur cholim room I never used the appliances. Because some people can't follow the rules.

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 10:03 pm
Reality wrote:
And that's why when I needed to stay at an hachnasas orchim apartment and use the bikkur cholim room I never used the appliances. Because some people can't follow the rules.
Plus, "kosher" rentals. No way to know.

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 10:04 pm
Reality wrote:

A hachnasas orchim apartment or a bikur cholim room, both have which tend to have high turnover, should have the rules clearly stated. If it doesn’t say “microwave for dairy only” or something like that, then no one is breaking the rules by double wrapping and heating meat. IF the microwave is labeled dairy, then it should only be used for dairy.

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 10:04 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
Plus, "kosher" rentals. No way to know.

That’s why many people won’t rent them.

Reality

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 10:08 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
A hachnasas orchim apartment or a bikur cholim room, both have which tend to have high turnover, should have the rules clearly stated. If it doesn’t say “microwave for dairy only” or something like that, then no one is breaking the rules by double wrapping and heating meat. IF the microwave is labeled dairy, then it should only be used for dairy.

They do have the rules clearly stated with everything labeled. Yet I don't trust that every person before me followed the rules.

Blessing1

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 10:20 pm
Reality wrote:

If there are rules, they should be posted and told to the renters.

Blessing1

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 10:22 pm
Reality wrote:
Nobody was rude or bashing. Octopus apologized. No reason to stick it to her after she apologized. You are the one who is coming across as unyielding.

Sorry, that post was rude. I'm allowed to point out that we should read a post well and not be so quick to bash. I don't think I have been rude in any of my posts.

Reality

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 10:37 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
Sorry, that post was rude. I'm allowed to point out that we should read a post well and not be so quick to bash. I don't think I have been rude in any of my posts.

Just reread it. Really wasn't rude. I think you are overreacting.

Blessing1

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 10:46 pm
Reality wrote:
Just reread it. Really wasn't rude. I think you are overreacting.

The entire tone of that post is rude.

Reality

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 11:02 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
The entire tone of that post is rude.

This is my last post on this subject. This is the written word where it is very easy to misinterpret "tone". She apologized. Enough.

At this point by now you owe her an apology!

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 11:15 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
If there are rules, they should be posted and told to the renters.

I can't trust that unknown people followed the rules.
This thread reminded me years ago when my friend was boarding as a post sem girl. Her landlady told her specifically not to put fleishigs into the microwave. She told me she didn't care & she did it anyway when the landlady wasn't around.
This was years ago & I know she is now more careful about respecting other people's kashrus sensitivities. But the fact remains that you just can't take it for granted that people do follow the rules.
But I was raised by a mother who grew up in a very oot area where barely any of the few Orthodox Jews had a kosher enough kitchen for her family. So she was raised to be hyper vigilant and aware, and not take it for granted that other people have the same standards and that's why I and my siblings are the same way.

salamanca

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 12:05 am
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
I wouldn't even ask to do this, they may feel uncomfortable telling you no.

THIS!

There are those who think that it can't hurt to ask. Yeah it can.

amother
Lightyellow

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 12:07 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
I can't trust that unknown people followed the rules.
This thread reminded me years ago when my friend was boarding as a post sem girl. Her landlady told her specifically not to put fleishigs into the microwave. She told me she didn't care & she did it anyway when the landlady wasn't around.
This was years ago & I know she is now more careful about respecting other people's kashrus sensitivities. But the fact remains that you just can't take it for granted that people do follow the rules.
But I was raised by a mother who grew up in a very oot area where barely any of the few Orthodox Jews had a kosher enough kitchen for her family. So she was raised to be hyper vigilant and aware, and not take it for granted that other people have the same standards and that's why I and my siblings are the same way.

wow - pls tell me that what the girl did is atypical. horrible
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen