Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Looking for infor on Camp Baiseinu (Machaneinu) and Camp CPE
Previous  1  2

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 4:42 pm
CPE is very mainstream chassidish. Bauseinu is more like vein boro park chassidish, tomar devora, bais bracha, etc.

None are very into sports at all.

amother
Jasmine

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 4:48 pm
And then theres palgai, which is 1 step down, to the left then baisainu.

amother
Amaranthus

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 5:21 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
As someone who went to machaneinu I would never send my child. The idea of makeing a kid take tests in the summer was always beyond me. Also the counselor has to write a report on the campers at the end of the month that everyone gets to see. Then theres the fact that the staff kids get better treatment than regular campers.

I went for six summer from 2007-2012 and never heard of this at all. Are you sure this is accurate?

amother
Leaf

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 8:17 pm
It’s true that counselors give reports at the end of the summer but I was a camper there and many of my nieces too, most girls don’t even know about this. No other camper gets to see it...

imamommy5

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 10:41 pm
amother [ Leaf ] wrote:
It’s true that counselors give reports at the end of the summer but I was a camper there and many of my nieces too, most girls don’t even know about this. No other camper gets to see it...
when they become a counselor they do... Also you have to ask why do they need these reports...

imamommy5

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 10:42 pm
And staff kids got to see them too.

amother
Forsythia

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 10:44 pm
Was a shiur counselor in machaneinu, summer 07. Mrs. Berenfeld was shiur head.
There were no tests.
When were there tests????

imamommy5

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 10:50 pm
amother [ Forsythia ] wrote:
Was a shiur counselor in machaneinu, summer 07. Mrs. Berenfeld was shiur head.
There were no tests.
When were there tests????
yes every tuesday I dont know why you guys are denying it. We got a booklet we had to write our name on it and every tuesday we had to take a quiz. I dont remember what was in the rest of the booklet

amother
Forsythia

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 10:52 pm
When did they administer the quiz?
I do don't remember this at all!

Especially because (shhh, don't tell mrs. Berenfeld) some of us shiur counselors didn't like all the shiurim, and we tweaked them, adding out own messages or stories.

amother
Forsythia

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 10:53 pm
the rest of the booklet was pages for notes/worksheets I think. It was a spiralized notebook of sheets.

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 11:01 pm
amother [ Forsythia ] wrote:
the rest of the booklet was pages for notes/worksheets I think. It was a spiralized notebook of sheets.
as someone who hated school this was pure torture. I actually couldnt forgive mrs berenfeld for not letting me forget and just be myself for 2 months

amother
Grape

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 10:46 am
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
CPE is very mainstream chassidish. Bauseinu is more like vein boro park chassidish, tomar devora, bais bracha, etc.

None are very into sports at all.

CPE isn't into sports as much, but Baiseinu is very into sports.

What on earth about the tests? My friends have been in Baiseinu and my daughter has attended and I've never heard anything of the sort!

amother
Amaranthus

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 11:18 am
amother [ Grape ] wrote:
CPE isn't into sports as much, but Baiseinu is very into sports.

What on earth about the tests? My friends have been in Baiseinu and my daughter has attended and I've never heard anything of the sort!

This topic has been shut down twice already by mods…
It’s ridiculous for an adult to keep trying in a bunch of ways to spread untruths.
There were no tests at all. I was there for years and so were my sisters before me and after me.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic       Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children