Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
PSA- you don't HAVE to be on a diet now

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 5:38 am
Just getting up on my soap box to remind whoever needs to hear that we don't have to be on a any diet right now.
If you practice intuitive eating and have rejected diet culture you never 'fell' off the wagon to begin with so no need to 'get back on it'
Holidays are part of life and so are desserts and usually when there are no major restrictions in your diet and your body is used to being properly fed there is no irresisitable urge to overeat.
And if, like me, all the diet talk around is making you wonder if you should just try it one more time.... then remind yourself of all the wonderful things that you were able to welcome into your life once you let go of dieting mindset.
So carry on and enjoy a life that not is a constant struggle around food. whoop whoop!

amother
Clover

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 6:44 am
I feel like I always need to be vigilant and plan my food, drink water, etc. otherwise genetically I would probably gain weight. Every morning I go on the scale. The other day my husband said to me - I feel so bad for you - you worry about this your whole life. (He’s genetically thin). I thought and thought about what he said. I think it’s okay to be on top of it … we go to doctors and dentist, we get life insurance and flood insurance, this is just one more way to be careful. I’m not doing a fad diet or something like that. The “diet” that I am on is for the rest of my life.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 7:21 am
Intuitive eating is not for everyone and not everyone can or should live with intuitive eating. Full stop.

amother
Winterberry

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 7:29 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Just getting up on my soap box to remind whoever needs to hear that we don't have to be on a any diet right now.
If you practice intuitive eating and have rejected diet culture you never 'fell' off the wagon to begin with so no need to 'get back on it'
Holidays are part of life and so are desserts and usually when there are no major restrictions in your diet and your body is used to being properly fed there is no irresisitable urge to overeat.
And if, like me, all the diet talk around is making you wonder if you should just try it one more time.... then remind yourself of all the wonderful things that you were able to welcome into your life once you let go of dieting mindset.
So carry on and enjoy a life that not is a constant struggle around food. whoop whoop!

OP, I love you!! Thanks for saying what I need to hear now.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 8:23 pm
It's not for me either. I lost 6 lbs over Tishrei - my stomach went wild Yom Kippur time - and both DH and DD lost weight over the month, too

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 9:39 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Intuitive eating is not for everyone and not everyone can or should live with intuitive eating. Full stop.

True. But people who have a basic eating plan may have gone off it slightly but don't have to go ona full fledged diet now. Just get back to normal. I can identify even though I don't do IE.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise