Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
Very loud people

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 7:44 pm
Close family is traveling to visit our side of the country. They want to stay with us for a week and a half. But… they are such a loud couple. Seriously loud. They talk really loud, the husband can’t stay in one place and literally moves from room to room every few minutes, they just are very very very loud. They also don’t understand what it’s like to have a bunch of young children, be on a schedule, work etc.
just because they’re here doesn’t mean I don’t need to go to work, dh as well, and the kids need to be ready to go to school etc.
but when they’re here, my baby can’t fall asleep from the noise, my 5 year old can’t fall asleep because of fomo (they rile him up, too) and I can’t get anything done at all.
it would be mega stressful to have them for more than a Shabbos. Is it awful if I don’t, and they might end up having to rent somewhere?

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 8:16 pm
How close family? Your children's grandparents are different from your first cousins.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 8:17 pm
amother [ Honeysuckle ] wrote:
How close family? Your children's grandparents are different from your first cousins.

Sibling

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 10:40 pm
Bump

amother
Daisy

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 10:44 pm
Not wrong, they might just cut their stay short especially if they have to rent.
I'd say, hey so excited to see you, we'd love to host you over shabbos.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 10:45 pm
A week and a half is a very long time to have guests for and if they are going to be disruptive and you don't believe they will respect any rules you might give them to respect boundaries and noise levels, etc. so kids can sleep and you can function and work) I wouldn't have them stay. I'd feel awful about it - but it's not like it's just a long weekend. It's a long stretch and you need to protect your family, not run a hotel.

amother
Alyssum

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 11:02 pm
Do any of your neighbors have a guest room or basement you could possibly use?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 11:17 pm
amother [ Alyssum ] wrote:
Do any of your neighbors have a guest room or basement you could possibly use?

Not really

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 11:19 pm
amother [ Butterscotch ] wrote:
A week and a half is a very long time to have guests for and if they are going to be disruptive and you don't believe they will respect any rules you might give them to respect boundaries and noise levels, etc. so kids can sleep and you can function and work) I wouldn't have them stay. I'd feel awful about it - but it's not like it's just a long weekend. It's a long stretch and you need to protect your family, not run a hotel.

I feel odd giving rules.

Even sounds like the opening and closing of a door can wake up my baby, who then needs to be nursed back to sleep. (Yes, my baby has a noise machine already…)

When my baby is sleeping I tiptoe when I’m upstairs and my husband and I whisper in our room

amother
Alyssum

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 11:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Not really

It doesn't hurt to ask at least you can tell your sibling "I'd really love to see you, and I'm going to try to find you a place to stay because it won't work for you to sleep here this time..."
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics