Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Baby Clothes for Winter - I don't understand what I'm seeing
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 11:46 am
Thanks for the Shein links. They're all the same idea I've seen (thin cotton) just at fantastic prices. Seems from other posters as well that I need to give up on the idea of warm winter clothes. I don't get it. Even I wear warmer stuff in the winter than in the summer. I'll wear wool sweaters or cotton with a shell/shirt underneath, at home I wear velour tops. What's up with dressing baby less warmly than I dress myself?

lucky14

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 11:49 am
H&m doesn't have the best selection for colder weather clothing yet but I'm hoping they will get more. That is where I usually buy clothing for my kids that age. And Carters for casual items.
In the winter we layer up. Bodysuits and warm leggings (they have fuzzy lined ones at Carter's) and when we go out I put on a sweater or sweatshirt. For shabbat it's usually leggings or pants and a bodysuit with a sweater over it (which I usually take off when we are inside).

H&m has a pair of leggings that are a little thicker (maybe they are called sweatpant leggings I don't remember) that are really good for transitional weather when it's not freezing yet but it's chilly.

dankbar

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 11:49 am
Lil legs has 2 piece ribbed sets in different thickness.
They also have velour 2 pieces.
Ali has cute stuff for cheap.
Kidi chic has sweatshirts & also sweat pants separate. (In legging fit not loose)
Kidichic also has sweat one piece hoodies without feet for walkers.

Last edited by dankbar on Thu, Oct 07 2021, 11:55 am; edited 2 times in total

Zehava

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 11:51 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks for the Shein links. They're all the same idea I've seen (thin cotton) just at fantastic prices. Seems from other posters as well that I need to give up on the idea of warm winter clothes. I don't get it. Even I wear warmer stuff in the winter than in the summer. I'll wear wool sweaters or cotton with a shell/shirt underneath, at home I wear velour tops. What's up with dressing baby less warmly than I dress myself?

If you want warmer for baby you either get fleece or velour. Good quality velours are available mostly on European sites like Childrensalon.

dankbar

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 11:56 am
You can also do sweat, velour, or corduroy overalls. With a turtleneck

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 11:57 am
lucky14 wrote:
H&m doesn't have the best selection for colder weather clothing yet but I'm hoping they will get more. That is where I usually buy clothing for my kids that age. And Carters for casual items.
In the winter we layer up. Bodysuits and warm leggings (they have fuzzy lined ones at Carter's) and when we go out I put on a sweater or sweatshirt. For shabbat it's usually leggings or pants and a bodysuit with a sweater over it (which I usually take off when we are inside).

H&m has a pair of leggings that are a little thicker (maybe they are called sweatpant leggings I don't remember) that are really good for transitional weather when it's not freezing yet but it's chilly.

Three posters mentioned carters. I'm going to check them out.

lucky14

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 11:58 am
https://www2.hm.com/en_us/prod......html

There is the link. My daughter wore these in the fall with a bodysuit and cute sweater (even on shabbat- I got cute/pretty sweaters and she looked adorable). In the winter I just put tights underneath when we went out for extra warmth. Size down because their baby items tend to run big.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 11:59 am
dankbar wrote:
Lil legs has 2 piece ribbed sets in different thickness.
They also have velour 2 pieces.
Ali has cute stuff for cheap.
Kidi chic has sweatshirts & also sweat pants separate. (In legging fit not loose)
Kidichic also has sweat one piece hoodies without feet for walkers.

Can you post links of tried and true clothes? I don't have patience for ali unless I know someone has experience with a specific product.

lucky14

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 12:00 pm
Oh and if you order online from h&m sign up to become a member so you can get free return shipping.

imaima

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 12:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I don't need to like it. It needs to work for me and my baby. Fit right, not get dirty or torn easily, and be warm-ish.

IME French brands make clothes for slimmer babies, like Petit Bateau.

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 12:02 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Carter’s has three piece outfits with a fleece vest, hoodie, and fleece pants. Plus with a baby they can wear a fleece one piece. I think they are showing fall clothes not all winter stock is out yet.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 12:24 pm
lucky14 wrote:
Oh and if you order online from h&m sign up to become a member so you can get free return shipping.

Yeah I am already a member. Thanks!

4g01o

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 12:31 pm
You don't have to shop at the Jewish stores. No one is forcing you. There's tons of choices out there. Happy shopping Smile

imaima

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 12:34 pm
OP let's see how you dress your baby
Maybe there is a major misunderstanding.
My diapered babies always have a bodysuit with snaps on, this is their underwear.

When they crawl and stand up, they have whatever clothing there is, and it is not expensive. Not only because knees get dirty from crawling, but also tops get inevitably ruined because you start solids, baby takes off the bib, spit up etc. Clothes are basically disposable at this age because some foods don't come out in the end, especially when stains are sealed with drool...

So whether they wear leggings + socks, overalls or tights, they have soft leather shoes for crawling babies on. They have leather soles and don't slip. Alternatively they wear socks with rubber soles, but babies pull them off and the shoes are cuter.

So at all times, my babies wear 2 layers on top and one layer at the bottom. If it is chilly, they were a third layer on top and a second at the bottom. You can just add cotton layers. So maybe it is a bodysuit, a tunic and leggings and a knitted cardigan or a hoody, socks and soft shoes.

This is the outfit for indoors. If it's chilly, the hoody stays on, when it's gotten warmer, you take off the hoody and she has a tunic and leggings on. Even if she is crawling and her tunic rolls up, she is never bare-skinned because she is wearing a bodysuit.

octopus

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 12:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I did. HM has thin stuff, tons of cotton, ribbed henleys, and sweatpants which are way too big/wide for my baby, and their sweaters are wide with cut out necks. Again, if you can link specific examples, I can see. Maybe I just don't know how to shop

HM runs large. I size down when ordering from them. But for crawling stage just do children's place get a pack of black leggings. I did notice that HM has sweatpant leggings but again the sizing is tricky.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 1:01 pm
I'm laughing at this post! My 6 month old baby is huge, both in length and width. I can't find stretchies in her size because it's all too narrow and many stores don't carry in her length either. I don't want her in 2 pieces at least until she's moving around, which she isn't doing anytime soon probably. ( my babies like to take their time with that) She needs size 18 month stretchies, but in a fabric with a stretch. I guess it'll never work for all.

imaima

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 1:04 pm
This is an example of what I would buy, and if you worry about cold, I would put on a long sleeve cotton t-shirt and only put on a hoodie if it's colder.

https://www.carters.com/carter......html

amother
Snowflake

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 1:07 pm
I used to think I needed thick clothing for my baby, then I realized she's indoors almost all the time, the time she's outdoors, she's dressed in a warm coat, and she doesn't need super thick winter clothing.
I usually do layers-long sleeved bodysuit with poppers for a vest, tights, leggings and a top. Often I will put a hoody or similar over if I think it's too cold, but I find normally she's fine.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 8:27 pm
imaima wrote:
OP let's see how you dress your baby
Maybe there is a major misunderstanding.
My diapered babies always have a bodysuit with snaps on, this is their underwear.

When they crawl and stand up, they have whatever clothing there is, and it is not expensive. Not only because knees get dirty from crawling, but also tops get inevitably ruined because you start solids, baby takes off the bib, spit up etc. Clothes are basically disposable at this age because some foods don't come out in the end, especially when stains are sealed with drool...

So whether they wear leggings + socks, overalls or tights, they have soft leather shoes for crawling babies on. They have leather soles and don't slip. Alternatively they wear socks with rubber soles, but babies pull them off and the shoes are cuter.

So at all times, my babies wear 2 layers on top and one layer at the bottom. If it is chilly, they were a third layer on top and a second at the bottom. You can just add cotton layers. So maybe it is a bodysuit, a tunic and leggings and a knitted cardigan or a hoody, socks and soft shoes.

This is the outfit for indoors. If it's chilly, the hoody stays on, when it's gotten warmer, you take off the hoody and she has a tunic and leggings on. Even if she is crawling and her tunic rolls up, she is never bare-skinned because she is wearing a bodysuit.

My babies wear a short sleeved bodysuit as an undershirt.

Then something like this together with a matching top like this would fit right but seems to be too thin.

Something like this which is a bit thicker won't fit right. It's too wide all over.

And something like this is beautiful but totally not practical. The threads will pull and rip in no time.

Sb1234

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 9:05 pm
With
https://www.lillegsbaby.com/pr.....gings
Or

With tights

H&M has so many great options if you’re looking to spend a little.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics