Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Double sink or 2 sinks?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 11:13 am
What are the pros and cons? And if two sinks, how far away should they be from each other?

And related question, are corner sinks better or a waste of space?

BrisketBoss

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 11:17 am
Always go big if you can! We have two large sinks on opposite counters. I love them.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 11:21 am
I have a double sink (came with my house) and I hate it. I plan to go to two large separate sinks (am saving up to do this along with a kitchen upgrade, replace counters, etc...which is why I didn't do it yet).

In my previous house, I had redone my kitchen years ago and it was very functional. I had a large and deep sink for fleishig in a corner. I loved it. Not sure why people are against corner sinks. Worked really well for me.

For milchig I had a smaller but deep sink.

I love sinks that are deep, so much easier when washing pots, etc.....

I plan to incorporate what I liked about my old kitchen into my new one, eventually.....

wifenmother

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 11:26 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What are the pros and cons? And if two sinks, how far away should they be from each other?

And related question, are corner sinks better or a waste of space?

Once your family grows, it's harder to have two people do the dishes or prepare foods simultaneously (say Motzai and erev Shabbos/yomtov) when there's a double sink.

We had a corner sink. If one of my kids wanted to open the drawer to my right or left while I was working at the sink, it wasn't doable.

So for a busy household I'd do two separate, deep sinks and I would not place them in a corner.

Rubber Ducky

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 11:30 am
2 sinks. If they have to be really close to each other also consider a triple sink.

Corner sinks in a 36" corner sink base cannot be very wide, so if you want a wide sink (not talking about sink depth), you will need a bigger sink base. Also, with a corner sink there will need to be some space between the sink and the dishwasher.

tweety1

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 11:35 am
My kitchen man told me regarding the cabinet under a corner sink; he says if it's not a corner sink you get alot ore use out of the cabinet versus when it's in the corner I therefore did not make corner sinks.
I want to clarify I did not do double sinks either. I did separate but not in the corner.

Last edited by tweety1 on Thu, Oct 07 2021, 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 11:43 am
Thank you everyone, these responses are very helpful.

amother
Steel

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 1:02 pm
I'm a fan of separate sinks. I like that people can use both sinks at the same time and I think they're more practical than a double sink. I would suggest that you get a deeper sink as it's so much easier to wash up, or just pile up several plates in the sink.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen