Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Please help me plan my next getaway -- time sensitive!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 12:34 am
So JetBlue is having this crazy sale (ends tomorrow night).

I really need to get away for a brief vacation with my husband-- two or three days.

I am looking to leave from JFK and have a relatively short flight (up to 4 hours). Usually, I am pretty adventurous and need to do a ton of exciting stuff and explore. But I am tired, and not in the mood of planning anything complicated. Just want to rest someplace beautiful with pleasant weather and do maybe a bit of touring, but nothing too strenuous. I was considering Florida but the weather is unpredictable there, and to go for two three days, and end up with thunderstorms does not sound like much fun. Also dh does not love driving, and car rental went up (we are on limited budget), and it is a pain to stand in line to rent etc. when you are going for such a short time. So, it would be a bonus if we could just go somewhere where car rental is not necessary, and we can either take an uber to the hotel, with some kosher dining (or at least kosher grocery) nearby and/or use public transportation to get places.

I am considering Boston. Anything to do there at this time (during COVID)? maybe some walking tours? Are museums currently open? Never been to Boston, and it is supposed to be beautiful in the fall. I have no idea where the kosher dining is there, and if it is in close proximity to anything else. I am open to other ideas as well. Got some amazing suggestions here in the past, that helped us with the planning of two bigger scale vacations -- thank you!

I appreciate your ideas. Please bring them on Smile

doctorima

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 10:25 am
Boston's kosher dining is mostly on or around Harvard Street in Brookline, near Coolidge Corner. I imagine that most if not all attractions there are open by now, though indoor ones may require masks and/or proof of vaccination and/or timed entry. Mass transit there (bus + T subway) is very efficient, so you would not need a rental car.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 12:07 pm
Thanks! Is the kosher area close to the airport and hotels? What are the best things to do around there at this time of the year? (thinking of going in about 10 days or so).
We are vaccinated so that should not be a problem in terms of entry to places.

doctorima

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 1:14 pm
There are hotels not far from the kosher area. The airport isn't particularly close, but you can take a taxi or Uber or possibly the subway from the airport to your hotel. I'd suggest PM'ing imasinger who lives there for more details.

Boston is full of great museums, wonderful historical site, and charming parks on or near the Charles River. What do you and DH enjoy doing?

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 5:07 pm
Is cancun an option?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 12:16 am
Thanks very much. Looks like B"H we are going to Florida after all!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics