Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
I want to cover my hair
Previous  1  2

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 10:51 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Does anyone know where I can buy tichels, and are there any tutorials on how to tie them nicely? What kind of hats look nice? I don’t really like Yemima Mizrachi’s hats (Although I absolutely love her)

I don’t know if it’s in style (and I don’t care), but I oftentimes wear a beanie with my hair in. I use a wig grip to keep it in place (I can also perfect my hair better in the front with a grip). I use a grip for anything I wear, including scarves. Everything stays neat this way.

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 11:27 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It’s very uncomfortable for me (I tried it once) and also because it freaks me out a bit, the idea of wearing someone else’s hair or fake hair. I’ll rather not cover at all if that’s the only option.

Maybe I need to get used to it though, idk, I just don’t like it

For someone who never wore a wig or thought of wearing one, yes it can be weird. But do you not wear leather because it’s weird to be wearing an animal’s skin? Or wool because it’s an animals hair? I think it’s a lot about what you are used to or become used to.

As far as comfort, high quality wigs have come a really long way in the area of comfort. It used to be you couldn’t find one that wasn’t itchy, heavy, and headache-inducing. There are so many really comfortable ones out there now that are extremely light, breathable and feel like they are barely there.

Might be worth a second thought.

amother
Oleander

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 11:37 am
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
For someone who never wore a wig or thought of wearing one, yes it can be weird. But do you not wear leather because it’s weird to be wearing an animal’s skin? Or wool because it’s an animals hair? I think it’s a lot about what you are used to or become used to.

As far as comfort, high quality wigs have come a really long way in the area of comfort. It used to be you couldn’t find one that wasn’t itchy, heavy, and headache-inducing. There are so many really comfortable ones out there now that are extremely light, breathable and feel like they are barely there.

Might be worth a second thought.

I'm curious why you're pushing wigs so hard? Is it because you want her to spend thousands of dollars to wear something uncomfortable in, when shes never covered her hair before, so that what? She can 'fit in'?!

And, on that note, not everyone in NY wears wigs, so....

OP, wear whatever makes you feel comfortable and beautiful, while doing this mitzvah of covering hair. Smile

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 11:50 am
amother [ Oleander ] wrote:
I'm curious why you're pushing wigs so hard? Is it because you want her to spend thousands of dollars to wear something uncomfortable in, when shes never covered her hair before, so that what? She can 'fit in'?!

And, on that note, not everyone in NY wears wigs, so....

OP, wear whatever makes you feel comfortable and beautiful, while doing this mitzvah of covering hair. Smile

Thanks I appreciate your encouragement. I really truly don’t like wigs so thanks again for making me feel better about it. But I won’t look “weird” or have a BT look with a tichel, right?

amother
Oleander

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 12:00 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks I appreciate your encouragement. I really truly don’t like wigs so thanks again for making me feel better about it. But I won’t look “weird” or have a BT look with a tichel, right?

Of course, I've got you! 😁

In my opinion, no! I wear pre-tied tichels and mitpachats styles. Only wear wigs for weddings. I'm FFB, so...🙂

I feel way more comfortable in tichels/mitpachats then sheitals. Also, in my opinion I don't understand how wigs are even allowed. Why cover your hair with hair. That's most times nicer then your real hair... That's my personal thing. (I won't go on a whole rant here as that's not what this thread is about.)

Covering your hair is personal. If you feel comfortable in hats, or tichels, or mitpachats, or wigs, that's your own business. The main thing is that you feel confident, comfortable, and beautiful while covering your hair.

They have BEAUTIFUL styles of tichels and mitpachats. IDK where you live, but I'm currently in NJ, and in my community it seems more and more common to see people in tichels/mitpachats. And yes, most wear wigs, but not all.

amother
Topaz

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 12:10 pm
wait? BT look?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 12:23 pm
amother [ Topaz ] wrote:
wait? BT look?

That’s what someone told me. I’ll look like a BT

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 12:24 pm

In my opinion, no! I wear pre-tied tichels and mitpachats styles. Only wear wigs for weddings. I'm FFB, so...🙂

I feel way more comfortable in tichels/mitpachats then sheitals. Also, in my opinion I don't understand how wigs are even allowed. Why cover your hair with hair. That's most times nicer then your real hair... That's my personal thing. (I won't go on a whole rant here as that's not what this thread is about.)

Covering your hair is personal. If you feel comfortable in hats, or tichels, or mitpachats, or wigs, that's your own business. The main thing is that you feel confident, comfortable, and beautiful while covering your hair.

They have BEAUTIFUL styles of tichels and mitpachats. IDK where you live, but I'm currently in NJ, and in my community it seems more and more common to see people in tichels/mitpachats. And yes, most wear wigs, but not all.

Thanks! Yes I’m very confused about wigs too but anyway

amother
Oleander

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 12:26 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
That’s what someone told me. I’ll look like a BT

Utter nonsense. There's no such thing.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 12:27 pm
Ok good

Thanks everyone for helping me do this

amother
Oleander

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 12:28 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ok good

Thanks everyone for helping me do this

My pleasure 😍

amother
Yolk

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 12:44 pm

Yes to every word. I wear my nice wig to Simchas or a nice night out..but the whole time I feel how is this even allowed?

SG18

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 12:54 pm
OP, I wear only mitpachot. I happen to have made Aliyah recently- so I guess I'm ok with looking "too Israeli" haha- but I wore them for 3 years in NY/NJ first.
I never liked how I felt in wigs. I felt like I was trying to be someone I wasn't. My favorite comment is "but you had such beautiful hair!" And I smile and say that I still do Wink
If you'd like, I can make a video for you of how I wrap in square mitpachot. I've done it for a few of my friends looking to figure it out. It's quick and easy.

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 1:35 pm
Look up the scarf bar. Super ttrendy tichels.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 4:28 pm
SG2189 wrote:
OP, I wear only mitpachot. I happen to have made Aliyah recently- so I guess I'm ok with looking "too Israeli" haha- but I wore them for 3 years in NY/NJ first.
I never liked how I felt in wigs. I felt like I was trying to be someone I wasn't. My favorite comment is "but you had such beautiful hair!" And I smile and say that I still do Wink
If you'd like, I can make a video for you of how I wrap in square mitpachot. I've done it for a few of my friends looking to figure it out. It's quick and easy.

So glad I’m not the only one who dislikes wigs. It just feels so awkward and doesn’t make much sense to me.
And yes I would truly appreciate a video! Thanks so much! Maybe hodeez can do one for me too

BrisketBoss

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 4:33 pm
I love wearing tichels! I have mostly Wrapunzel ones and have been Wrapunzeled by Miss Wrapunzel herself. I think they're pretty and elegant and make me look very...married.

My wigs are beautiful but not so comfortable and I lose peripheral vision and there are other issues too. And it's just a little weird to me too. Not so weird that I feel wrong going out in one but yeah.

SG18

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 5:15 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So glad I’m not the only one who dislikes wigs. It just feels so awkward and doesn’t make much sense to me.
And yes I would truly appreciate a video! Thanks so much! Maybe hodeez can do one for me too

Great! Feel free to pm me.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels