Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
First time shopping at shein

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 2:32 pm
Do they run true to size?

I’m not great at returns. I know what to expect in terms of quality but I’d like to know if the fit will be as described?

Any other tips?

mochamix18

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 3:17 pm
For each item you need to look at the size chart. I recommend writing down your measurements and checking them against the size chart of the garment you are interested in. The quality also varies.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 3:23 pm
I have always had trouble with sites like Aliexpress when it comes to sizing. (Really? A size 12 is a 4X in your book?)

Shein is amazing! The sizes are very accurate, but as mochamix18 said, double check against the size chart.

IMHO, the difference is that these clothes are designed for the typical Caucasian body type, and not the petite Asian body type. The sizes run much more European.

Don't be afraid that the hemlines are too short, because those are proportionate as well. If it helps, I'm 5'7", and the maxi skirts fit me perfectly.

I actually thing that on some of the things I've gotten the quality was way better than the price I paid, and I was really pleasantly surprised. I just figured "Meh, it's cheap, I'll give them a try." and when I actually got the dresses on I was like "Whoa, these are NICE!"

twizzlers1

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 3:39 pm
I find that reading reviews helps. And even better then that is looking at pictures that people posted of themselves. Oftentimes it even says their sizes which really helps. And as the ladies said above their sizes for each item is totally different. So I can be a small in one and an extra large in something else. I also like their filter feature. You can filter by many things but I really find the length and the sleeves to be super helpful as well as material.

amother
Melon

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 1:30 pm
what about accessories?

Just One

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 1:35 pm
What is their return policy?

amother
Rainbow

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 11:54 pm
amother [ Melon ] wrote:
what about accessories?

A lot of accessories aren't returnable (it will be listed when they are in your shopping cart - usually the $3/$5 items). But I find their accessories fun and inexpensive, so it could be worthwhile. Sundays they usually have free shipping with no minimum, so you can just buy a few items or even one and see what you think.

Just One wrote:
What is their return policy?

You can do one free return on each order. So don't set up your return until you're sure which items your keeping, so you can return all the unwanted items together.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 1:16 am
These are such helpful tips! Thank you all!

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 10:43 pm
Can you post what u bought on their website? Any good buys?
I want to try them out, but don't have time to search and sift through their whole website.

amother
Oak

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 12:01 am
Good tip for shein - shipping is almost always free on Sundays so I wait till sunday to place my orders. The rest of the week shipping is not free under a certain amount.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics