Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Attention recent moms of newborns

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 2:48 am
Okay it's been a while since I gave birth.

I am trying to figure out how much clothes I will need for a newborn.

My babies are born average size, usually 52-53 cm, so I have a small number of size 50 clothes and otherwise always 56 that are slightly loose on them.

Now I want to buy some of size 50 clothes but I don't know how much I will need, considering that I do laundry the following way: I start sorting and washing gradually between Wednesday and try to have zero dirty clothes left on Sunday. Then I have a few baskets lf clean laundry that I sort and put away. So there are three day stretches when I don't do any laundry. I don't think that with a newborn I will have that much more laundry that will make me do additional loads between Monday and Wednesday, or am I wrong?

How much of anything would you get?

6000miles

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 4:51 am
So my newborns spit up A TON so I had like 4-5 newborn-sized stretchies (babygrows/ footies), and maybe 10+ sized 3-6 weekday ones, 10 pairs of pjs, 4 shabbos ones, and one fancy 2 piece knit. Also probably 10 newborn sized onesies and 20+ 3-6 size
I had to wash every 2 days because it was not enough.
Again this is just me, with heavy spitters.

U should check out this article too
https://betweencarpools.com/wh.....ette/

#Happymom

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 6:03 am
Sounds like you need around a weeks worth of clothing plus maybe two more for unexpected leaks/spit ups. personally I buy my little ones 10-14 changes of clothes, that way I'm never stuck. and I also do washing only once a week.

SG18

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 6:54 am
For anyone with babies who spit up a lot or are heavy droolers- I got two 10 packs of bibs from Amazon, and my now 5mo wears one at all times. This way, I can just wash bibs, instead of always having to wash her outfit as well.
I wash them with coloreds, and 20 is enough for us to only do laundry once a week.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 7:30 am
Thank you all! Keep them coming!

I am still pregnant so I don't know how big the baby will be or much of anything else.

I am trying to get the minimum first and then maybe I will get presents or gift cards, so don't want to overspend now. And I also don't have much storage space for the baby.

I have a ton of muslin clothes though.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 8:58 am
I would suggest around 10-12 weekday outfits, 2 of them better weekday for days when the baby is in a public setting and will be shown off. And 3-4 Shabbos outfits so you have enough for yom tov if it's yom tov season. Lots of cheap pajamas (Carters or Children's Place multipacks) to be prepared for midnight leaks and blowouts without constantly having to wash right away. Same for undershirt onesies. I also usually keep a onesie and spare outfit in the diaper bag in case of a disaster on the go, so account for that in the numbers.

amother
Quince

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 9:28 am
I'm set up for once a week laundry, so do with that info what you want. I also try to buy mostly gender neutral for newborn since they wear it so short and that way all the kids have the same.

8-10 PJ/stretchies. They wear them during the day too at that point. Put it on and it stays on till it's dirty (rare to make it past the 24 hour point). If you have a kid prone to blow outs or spit ups you may need more or to wash more. I generally buy multipacks of cloud island or Gerber from Target for like $10-12 for a set of 3.

2 cute weekday outfits for pics or outings (or just cuter stretchies)

2 shabbos outfits (nicer stretchies)

Obviously things like hats, spit up cloths and bibs if needed

Also, I keep a seperate hamper for baby/ toddler clothes that gets tossed in the wash with oxiclean without further sorting so it can be washed more quicklu

BrisketBoss

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 9:32 am
You might be right that you won't do additional loads.

But my first newborn had frequent blowouts, and the sooner I washed those outfits the better my chances that they would ever be stain-free again. I've learned a lot since those days but I'm no stain-removal queen.

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 9:35 am
SG2189 wrote:
For anyone with babies who spit up a lot or are heavy droolers- I got two 10 packs of bibs from Amazon, and my now 5mo wears one at all times. This way, I can just wash bibs, instead of always having to wash her outfit as well.
I wash them with coloreds, and 20 is enough for us to only do laundry once a week.

I second that! Those poor tiny creatures HATE being messed with. And it's hard getting those little arms in amd out. They are so delicate I'm afraid il break'em LOL.

Seriously though, I change my babies only even they are dirty. Unless 24 hours passed then I'll Change them just to freshen up.

I usually try to have around 7-10 stretchies per size + 2 nicer stretchies for shabbos and 1-2 shabbos type outfits. I try that all the stretchies are "outdoor worthy" so I don't need to necessarily change them them just for going out. They might fit in 2 sizes at once. I never ran out because I wash as soon as there are only 2-3 left. Until the babies are on the floor, I wash their clothes separately anyway.
I try to have their onsies, bibs and stretchies in similar shades so it's one load. Like no white. No blacks/navy. All med colors.
Works well for me bh.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics