Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Looking for info on Beit Shemesh
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 2:10 pm
Hi everyone,

We've been going back and forth about moving to Israel and as we're getting more serious I think it's time that I actually sit down and start doing some research.

We are Chassidish/Heimish. I would describe it as Vien style Chassidish. We are proudly Chassidish, my husband wears the full Chassidish garb. We also believe in getting a degree, I drive, and dress typical today Lakewood style (below shoulder length shaitel, on trend, yet Tznius).
We put a big emphasis on learning Torah, my husband learns part time.
My kids go to Heimish schools with a mix of Chassidish and Litvish kids. We live in Monsey and have neighbors from literally every stripe and we love them all.
I'm not sure which part of Beit Shemesh I should look into. I know there's RBS-א ,RBS-ב and RBS-ג. I guess I want to know the following info:

1. Which one is the place we would best fit it
2. Is there an option of traveling to schools in Yerushalayim, as I know that there's an English speaking school there for Americans (I have young teens and under).
3. What are housing prices and options like.
I'm sure there's more and I guess I'll ask as I go along.

Thanks so much in advance for taking the time to answer.

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 2:56 pm
I love your post and I feel like any neighbors would be lucky to have you in their community. But you're a difficult "type" to place.

RBS A has some streets on which you may feel comfortable - Sorek, Micha, Uriah, Kishon come to mind.
RBS B would have a hard time with you working, driving and interested in a full education for your children.
RBS G I am not as familiar with but I feel you may be a match since this area is a mix.

Hopefully, someone will come along and offer you further advice.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 8:15 pm
Thanks so much for your response. I know my type is not clear cut. Hopefully we'll figure it out.

amother
Lightyellow

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 11:05 pm
Plenty of RBS kids travel to Yerushalayim for schools. It's definitely done. But the
English speaking schools in Yerushalayim are very modern. Your children would not feel comfortable there.

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 12:39 am
All English speaking schools are modern.

If you want something that’s a good fit your kids will have to learn Hebrew fully.

Prices in RBS, tell me what size apartment. The prices keep rising. There’s not enough apartments and so much of a demand. Currently it’s very hard to find a rental in Aleph.

Demand is just so high. Gimmel and Daled are easier. I think there’s a lot of Hebrew speaking schools that would be a good fit here.

Oh if you want a heimish school there’s nothing with a full education here. Heimish and chareidim don’t do any secular education for boys. It’s only the more American schools that teach boys secular subjects.

There’s a really good cheidar in aleph like that that’s like American yeshivish. Lakewood style. But I doubt there’s any chassidim there.

In general even mainstream chareidi people look down on degrees and college here for boys, which is kind of odd since there’s a tons of separate good colleges. My DH is starting next week nursing school, only men.

There’s way more options to get degrees in a separate environment in Israel than in the USA. Both for men and women.

rachelli66

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 12:56 am
The Biala Shul/kehilla on Nachal Luz Street, in Rama Alef is warm and embracing. It's composed of Israeli's and many anglos. Many of the Anglos are professionals and Businessmen. The Admor is very encouraging, though he does not live in Beit Shemesh.

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 3:42 am
There are definitely people like you in alef, but it's a small part of the whole. Most chassidish people send their kids to schools in bet, but they're less American. I have anglo chassidish neighbors (in gimmel) whose kids go to bet, the girls to the vishnitz school.

There is a huge chassidish population in gimmel, especially the newer parts in gimmel 2. There are schools in gimmel also although I don't know so much about them. Bet has a huge chassidish population, but not so American and very insular. Doesn't sound like your style.

If you like the mix, and it's very mixed, consider Alef. It's also very expensive to find anything decent. If you're used to Monsey houses, you may not find anything suitable.

Gimmel might be your best bet. It's all new and there are some large and beautiful cottage options in areas that are mixed chassidish/yeshivish, plus a variety of schools and easy access to buses that go to yerushalayim, if that's where you find better schooling options for older kids.

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 3:46 am
Also, if your kids are teen and under, DO NOT send them to English-speaking schools. You want to immerse them in the Hebrew right away. And trust me, in RBS there are enough anglo kids in every school, your kids will not feel weird for not speaking Hebrew right away. My girls went the the most Israeli BY in RBS and that meant about 1/4 of the population anglo instead of half or more.

amother
Lemonlime

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 6:45 am
Hi! Some of the information here is very innacurate there are definetly chareidi schools that have full secular education they are called charedi -memlachti in bet shemesh there is an elementary school called netzach yisroel for boys and girls (separate of course !) there’s a new school for girls called ashira and for older boys there is the mesivta , marava ( not in bet shemesh) all my extended family are charedi and they all have a full education and university degrees ! I think these are the type of schools ur looking for and you’d really like ! Oh and most schools in bet shemesh even if they are Israeli have a good number of kids who speak English in each class ! Good luck with everything

amother
Lightyellow

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 7:15 am
amother [ Lemonlime ] wrote:
Hi! Some of the information here is very innacurate there are definetly chareidi schools that have full secular education they are called charedi -memlachti in bet shemesh there is an elementary school called netzach yisroel for boys and girls (separate of course !) there’s a new school for girls called ashira and for older boys there is the mesivta , marava ( not in bet shemesh) all my extended family are charedi and they all have a full education and university degrees ! I think these are the type of schools ur looking for and you’d really like ! Oh and most schools in bet shemesh even if they are Israeli have a good number of kids who speak English in each class ! Good luck with everything

Just to clarify for the OP.
Netzach and Ashira are elementary schools only.
Pninei Chen in RBS is a pretty Anglo friendly chareidi high school that gives bagruyot.

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 7:28 am
my very frum american BT friend sends kids to a Yidish speaking school on bet.

I would send to regular israeli charedi schools.

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 1:22 pm
amother [ Lemonlime ] wrote:

OP said she’s chassidish/Heimish.

The schools you bring up are good but they do not exactly fit chassidish/hemish.

I said there’s schools here but they aren’t standard BY even, it’s considered modern BY. If OP is really heimish I don’t think she will like this schools.

When I hear heimish I think of no movies, no smartphones, tights, etc. This is not what these schools do. Some parents may but most families don’t.

OP hasn’t provided too much details about the schools she wants and if she’s comfortable with those ideas.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 2:50 pm
Thanks so much for all the responses. It's very much appreciated.
I have smartphone for business. I'm not against the idea of smartphones, sort of the Chabad mentality that you work with what's out there in the world. But, I'm very much with the belief that you need gedarim to use it wisely.
I'd love to hear more about housing options. It seems that ג is something I should look into. Anyone know how I can find out about housing info?

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 2:54 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks so much for all the responses. It's very much appreciated.
I have smartphone for business. I'm not against the idea of smartphones, sort of the Chabad mentality that you work with what's out there in the world. But, I'm very much with the belief that you need gedarim to use it wisely.
I'd love to hear more about housing options. It seems that ג is something I should look into. Anyone know how I can find out about housing info?

Rent or buy? What size? I can get you onto a few no realator groups of you’d like. I can also send photos of listings in local circulars to a fake email if you post.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 2:56 pm
Thanks!!!!
Would be interested to buy.
Thinking of private or semi private.
I'll open an email address and post it in a few

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 3:17 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
Rent or buy? What size? I can get you onto a few no realator groups of you’d like. I can also send photos of listings in local circulars to a fake email if you post.

My email address is leebi.bamizrach@gmail.com
Thank you!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 9:17 am
Bump

amother
Lightyellow

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 9:36 am
You'll get a lot more responses on Facebook. Search for RBS group and ask to join.
There are not many moms from RBS here.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 10:07 am
amother [ Lightyellow ] wrote:
You'll get a lot more responses on Facebook. Search for RBS group and ask to join.
There are not many moms from RBS here.

Thank. I was hoping amother Rose will get back to me with info.

amother
Lightblue

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 3:16 pm
Re Pninei Chein: I think there are few-to-no Chasidish families there (and I say this as someone who has a daughter there). Maybe Mrs Pupko, the menahales, could give you some idea of what would be the right school?

Hatzlacha, OP--you sound lovely!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions