Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Feminine & Trendy shoes for wide feet
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 9:15 am
Does anyone have a recommendation for shoes that will fit my very wide feet? Looking for flats, heels, & mules.

Any price range at all.

Would actually love to purchase designer shoes but they’re made for slim feet. The only ones that fit me & that I own are the Balenciaga sock sneakers.

amother
Seashell

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 9:35 am
Following

amother
Dimgray

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 9:50 am
None.
Heels are very hard because they gush out.
Maybe sporty flats, but the cute and delicate French sole are not for us.
I'm wearing very cool Nike sneakers.
High tops are also good, however some of them are too tight and uncomfortable.
I bought some sas booties, they were expensive, but good.
Vaneli makes wide heels but never look as good as it looks on ppl with thin feet.
I've seen some ppl with wide feet who just embrace it and wear whatever they want.
BTW. I'm not fat. Even as a girls I had wide feet

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 12:23 pm
amother [ Dimgray ] wrote:
None.
Heels are very hard because they gush out.
Maybe sporty flats, but the cute and delicate French sole are not for us.
I'm wearing very cool Nike sneakers.
High tops are also good, however some of them are too tight and uncomfortable.
I bought some sas booties, they were expensive, but good.
Vaneli makes wide heels but never look as good as it looks on ppl with thin feet.
I've seen some ppl with wide feet who just embrace it and wear whatever they want.
BTW. I'm not fat. Even as a girls I had wide feet

Thanks so much
I’ll look into those companies.
I actually just called Nordstrom this morning, the sales person suggested the brand Ferragamo. Don’t know why I didn’t think of them, my husband also has wide feet & he has many pairs of Ferragamo shoes.
I don’t love them as much as other designer brands but they have a few nice designs.

amother
Lightyellow

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 12:31 pm
Easy Spirit, Soft Spots, Naturalizer, New Balance, SAS and other brands make shoes for extra wide feet. But here's something I discovered only recently: "Wide feet" refers to the ball of the foot, not the toes. Almost all manufacturers assume that the foot tapers and is narrower in front than at the ball. If your feet are boxy and more or less straight across at the toes, not any narrower and possibly even wider than at the ball, there is virtually no closed shoe and very few sandals other than barely-there strappy jobs that will fit you properly without squeezing your toes at least a little. For true comfort you'll have to wait till square-toe shoes come back into fashion.

If your feet are wide at the ball and taper towards the toes, then you may be able to find something among the brands above.

BTW "wide" usually means C width; D width is extra wide and EE is extra extra wide. There doesn't seem to be an E width.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 12:37 pm
amother [ Lightyellow ] wrote:
Easy Spirit, Soft Spots, Naturalizer, New Balance, SAS and other brands make shoes for extra wide feet. But here's something I discovered only recently: "Wide feet" refers to the ball of the foot, not the toes. Almost all manufacturers assume that the foot tapers and is narrower in front than at the ball. If your feet are boxy and more or less straight across at the toes, not any narrower and possibly even wider than at the ball, there is virtually no closed shoe and very few sandals other than barely-there strappy jobs that will fit you properly without squeezing your toes at least a little. For true comfort you'll have to wait till square-toe shoes come back into fashion.

If your feet are wide at the ball and taper towards the toes, then you may be able to find something among the brands above.

BTW "wide" usually means C width; D width is extra wide and EE is extra extra wide. There doesn't seem to be an E width.

Naturalizer heels are pretty much the only ones I can wear plus they’re pretty comfortable.

chili-n-cholent

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 4:15 pm
Stuart Weizmann makes wide heels, try them

amother
Dimgray

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 5:07 pm
https://www.sasshoes.com/women.....art=1

amother
Dimgray

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 5:11 pm
chili-n-cholent wrote:
Stuart Weizmann makes wide heels, try them

I have boxy foot. The Stuart Weitzman wide were not the right shoes for me.
Usually vaneli heels work for me.

amother
Lightyellow

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 6:01 pm
OP you’re lucky. My foot is so boxy even Naturalizers smoosh my toes. I thought they were comfy because I got used to the smoosh feeling but from the nerves between the bones being squeezed for so many years I get terrible cramps, my toes freeze in gnarly positions so that I have to use my hands to straighten them out, and if I walk any distance at all they hurt something awful. Just from years of wearing shoes I thought were right for me but weren’t. Fault not mine but shoe industry’s.

LovesHashem

Post Sat, Oct 09 2021, 12:15 pm
I wear sandal and boots. It’s the only things that don’t smoosh my toes.

amother
Royalblue

Post Sat, Oct 09 2021, 7:49 pm
Zappos has WW and EE sizes

amother
Seafoam

Post Sat, Oct 09 2021, 8:13 pm
Ara has wide pretty shoes.

Rubber Ducky

Post Sat, Oct 09 2021, 8:16 pm
SAS makes many shoes with a wide toe box.

amother
Winterberry

Post Sat, Oct 09 2021, 8:46 pm
I have an extremely wide foot and have an impossible time buying shoes. I only buy online. Look for the brands Bella Vita (made in Italy) and David Tate. You might also find a few styles made by Trotters. They go up to WW which is equivalent to EE or EEE. Nordstrom sells them and a few styles are available on Amazon. Also check Macy's online and Zappos. Occasionally there is a style or two made by Naturalizer. They are not going to be the equivalent of Ferragamo, but they should fit your wide foot and are decent quality and style. Van Eli is another option, available through Marmi.com. However, over the years I have found that their styles have become narrower and I generally can't wear them anymore. Finally, not sure where you live, but there used to be a Russian shoemaker in Brooklyn Heights on Montague Street around Henry Street. No idea if he still has a shop, but he made shoes to measure. Good luck and hope you find something nice that also fits.

amother
Coral

Post Sat, Oct 09 2021, 9:00 pm
I have wide feet too but have a lot of different designer heels. Depends on the specific shoe most of the time, so the trick to to go into the store and keep trying on till ones you like fit well. Most of jimmy choo heels fit me comfortably, but the flats are always the worst. I also have a few dior heels and flats that fit nicely too

For non-designer, try asos. They make a lot of their styles in wide and you can filter the search to only see those

amother
Cappuccino

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 12:58 pm
Shoe Palace in Lakewood has many options for wide feet. You have to ask either the owner or the other frum lady that works there to help you. I have very wide feet and have bought very nice loafers, flats, heels and sneakers there.

amother
Dandelion

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 1:07 pm
Try David Tate
Everlane currently has a comfy looking slipper shoe as well

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 2:21 pm
Are you a WW (EE) or just a W? Makes a difference.

farmom

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 3:01 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
I wear sandal and boots. It’s the only things that don’t smoosh my toes.

What kind of boots do you wear? I love sandals because they have so much space for my foot, but I find just the opposite with boots - they're really structured and too tight all around. I also have wide calves, so that doesn't help things.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics