Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Does a vaccinated exposed person have to quarantine?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 8:16 am
What are the current guidelines?

imasinger

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 8:21 am
It depends who you ask.

The most common thought from doctors that I've heard recently is, wait 5 days (keeping masked and SD indoors in public), then test.

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 8:21 am
It also depends where? What country?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 8:31 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
It also depends where? What country?

In the US. Not asking for myself, just flipping out that my kid tested positive, asymptomatically (tested for a procedure, not for symptoms).
I mean, yes technically I would need to quarantine too, but I’m just thinking about the 3 doctors and 5 nurses we saw yesterday and would hate they should have to quarantine because of us...

amother
Candycane

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 8:33 am
My cousin and her kid had covid and her husband was vaccinated and he was told he does not need to quarantine

luckymom1

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 8:36 am
Cdc:

People who are fully vaccinated do NOT need to quarantine after contact with someone who had COVID-19 unless they have symptoms. However, fully vaccinated people should get tested 3-5 days after their exposure, even if they don’t have symptoms and wear a mask indoors in public for 14 days following exposure or until their test result is negative.

amother
Honey

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 8:44 am
Nope you don't need to. Which makes no sense because vaccinated get and spread covid. Obviously it's all about getting the vaccine and not about health.

NotInNJMommy

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 12:54 pm
luckymom1 wrote:
Cdc:

People who are fully vaccinated do NOT need to quarantine after contact with someone who had COVID-19 unless they have symptoms. However, fully vaccinated people should get tested 3-5 days after their exposure, even if they don’t have symptoms and wear a mask indoors in public for 14 days following exposure or until their test result is negative.

This is consistent with the local public school district's approach by me. (NYS, not NYC) Contacts of positive covid cases who are fully vaxxed do not have to quarantine.

amother
Honey

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 1:06 pm
NotInNJMommy wrote:
This is consistent with the local public school district's approach by me. (NYS, not NYC) Contacts of positive covid cases who are fully vaxxed do not have to quarantine.

Same in NYC DOE. Vaccinated don't have to quarantine. I guess it ok if they spread it asymptomaticly, because they are vaccinated.

amother
Smokey

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 3:04 pm
amother [ Honey ] wrote:
Same in NYC DOE. Vaccinated don't have to quarantine. I guess it ok if they spread it asymptomaticly, because they are vaccinated.

Exactly. It’s become a privileged status not a vaccination status.

amother
Babypink

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 3:51 pm
So if I have an extremely high antibody count- but am not vaccinated- what is my status?
And yes I checked this week.

amother
NeonPink

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 3:59 pm
We had this issue rosh hashonah. Had 3 vaccinated people in my neighborhood sick in bed with covid. Not a symptomatic covid but feeling really sick with covid, covid. But hey, since they and their spouses are vaccinated their spouses get to be in shul. There were many of us myself included that got sick after Rosh Hashanah.
Never mind that my shul is full of elderly people.
This world has gone insane.

amother
Candycane

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 4:37 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
So if I have an extremely high antibody count- but am not vaccinated- what is my status?
And yes I checked this week.

My doctor said I’m safe but fauci believes otherwise.

amother
Honey

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 4:51 pm
amother [ NeonPink ] wrote:
We had this issue rosh hashonah. Had 3 vaccinated people in my neighborhood sick in bed with covid. Not a symptomatic covid but feeling really sick with covid, covid. But hey, since they and their spouses are vaccinated their spouses get to be in shul. There were many of us myself included that got sick after Rosh Hashanah.
Never mind that my shul is full of elderly people.
This world has gone insane.

But according to some posters on this site, it's the unvaccinated that are the grandma killers!

Vaccinated spread covid too, but they just don't want to hear it.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 4:56 pm
yes if have symptoms and test positive meaning the sick person

amother
Lilac

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 5:03 pm
amother [ Honey ] wrote:
But according to some posters on this site, it's the unvaccinated that are the grandma killers!

Vaccinated spread covid too, but they just don't want to hear it.

You through with your nasty and untruthful diatribes?

Vaccines are very effective against covid. Using an “any vaccine” analysis, the vaccine effectiveness was 87.5% (95% CI, 85.1 to 89.5) with the alpha variant and 79.6% (95% CI, 76.7 to 82.1) with the delta variant. See, eg, https://www.regenstrief.org/ar.....iant/ (Moderna 95% effective, Pfizer 80%, J&J 60%) So chances are, if you are vaccinated, you will not catch covid. That's why the recommendation is to mask, then test 3 to 5 days after exposure to see if you are infected.

Particularly with the Delta variant, there is a very high risk that anyone who is not vaccinated, and does not have antibodies, will get the disease. Hence the need to quarantine.

So, do you want vaccinated to also quarantine, although there is only a small chance of their contracting the disease? Or should everyone just go out and party hearty, and if you die, you die?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 5:05 pm
luckymom1 wrote:
Cdc:

Yes, so this seems to be what the doctors will be doing. Meanwhile my kid has no symptoms whatsoever, so hoping it stays like this and we can all get out of quarantine asap.

amother
NeonPink

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 5:49 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:

Vaccines are very effective against covid. Using an “any vaccine” analysis, the vaccine effectiveness was 87.5% (95% CI, 85.1 to 89.5) with the alpha variant and 79.6% (95% CI, 76.7 to 82.1) with the delta variant. See, eg, https://www.regenstrief.org/ar.....iant/ (Moderna 95% effective, Pfizer 80%, J&J 60%) So chances are, if you are vaccinated, you will not catch covid. That's why the recommendation is to mask, then test 3 to 5 days after exposure to see if you are infected.

Particularly with the Delta variant, there is a very high risk that anyone who is not vaccinated, and does not have antibodies, will get the disease. Hence the need to quarantine.

So, do you want vaccinated to also quarantine, although there is only a small chance of their contracting the disease? Or should everyone just go out and party hearty, and if you die, you die?

You bought the koolaid and drank it too.
It’s interesting that the only ones who had covid here prior to Rosh Hashanah were the vaccinated.

Take your head out and look around. See who is sick. I fully believe that the delta variant is the vaccine.
You’re the one being nasty and untruthful.

amother
Honey

Post Sat, Oct 09 2021, 7:28 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:

What did I say that was nasty and untrue?

I want consistency. So if you say that covid is so dangerous that people should be forced to vaccinate, and even lose their jobs because they didnt vaccinate, then your actions should show the same. If you were exposed to such a dangerous disease then you should quarantine, if you have a chance of spreading it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics