Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
You are not the only one
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 3:36 pm
Public service announcement
Unlike what the general consensus here may be, most people in real life are against the schools testing our kids, against the vaccines and against the entire new approach of government coerced sugar coated threats.

I just want you to know so that when you are pushed against the wall you dont think you are the only one that is protesting.
Power is in numbers so I wanted you to know.
I work for a very big school so I know the inside numbers of vax and the pushback and how everyone thinks they are the only one.

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 4:01 pm
Me too.
I’m happy to see that the silent majority is not so silent anymore.
Just hope it’s not too late.

amother
Calendula

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 4:04 pm
Thank you Op!
YES!!!

amother
DarkCyan

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 4:16 pm
Definitely true. But what are people who can't afford to wait it out supposed to do?

amother
Topaz

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 4:42 pm
I am not sure who you are defining as "most people" but the reality is that polls indicate that "most people" in the US support vaccination mandates - especially in school and health settings.

There are certain breakdowns in terms of political and religious affiliation - so to the extent that people here are anti-vax/anti-mandate they are with the minority who are Republican Xian fundamentalist who live in rural areas. They are still a statistically minority but those demographics have the most opposition.

amother
Impatiens

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 5:14 pm
amother [ Topaz ] wrote:
I am not sure who you are defining as "most people" but the reality is that polls indicate that "most people" in the US support vaccination mandates - especially in school and health settings.

There are certain breakdowns in terms of political and religious affiliation - so to the extent that people here are anti-vax/anti-mandate they are with the minority who are Republican Xian fundamentalist who live in rural areas. They are still a statistically minority but those demographics have the most opposition.

Regarding the bolded, who are these people taking polls? Where are they taking these polls and why is it that some of us who are against the forced vaccines and mandates are never included in these polls?

amother
Calendula

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 5:45 pm
have trouble believing a majority believe in mandates -- source?

amother
Gray

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 5:51 pm
My child’s preschool just fired teachers from one class who wouldn’t cave and take the vaccine. It still hasn’t pushed the others to take it. They would rather leave their job. If the schools don’t back their teachers they will soon not have enough teachers.

amother
Calendula

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 6:02 pm
right and this is where all the censorship comes in like what is the pushed narrative and what does not get focussed on....

I mean hello we have eyes and can see what is going on right in front of us B"H

amother
Topaz

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 7:12 pm
amother [ Calendula ] wrote:
have trouble believing a majority believe in mandates -- source?

Here is extensive polling from Kaiser Family Foundation. There are others but honestly anything I post will be discredited because anyone who think their views on vaccine mandates reflects the majority is living in a disinformation bubble so any news or information which is widely accepted as being non biased is dismissed. So what is the point. 🤷‍♀️

Occasionally I will find something stated to be so egregiously wrong that I can’t help myself and attempt to correct in the faint hope that someone might learn something whose mind isn’t completely filled with memes and inaccuracies that were probably originally started by a Russian troll farm in the expectation that it would destabilize Western democracies.

At any rate, why do you care if your views don’t reflect those of the majority? Why so defensive?

https://www.kff.org/coronaviru.....2021/

amother
Caramel

Post Sat, Oct 09 2021, 8:43 pm
First I’d like to say thank you to the OP for starting this support thread. As someone who lives in an oppressively pro-Covid-vax community, it is so nice to feel that at least online I’m supported in a community of some like minded people. When I say words like supported and oppressive, I really mean that in a very tangible way. The fundamentalism, the vigilante approach, the silencing, harshly judging and condemning, the lack of basic dignity afforded to people who scientifically pose no threat to anyone around them any more than they themselves are - is just very hard to live with.

I believe that eventually, world governments will slowly begin to realize the great fallacy of their approach to dealing with Covid and adopt a more science-based stance that is investigative and open to change based on evolving data as well as basing their policies on the advice of scientists who are expertly trained in virology and vaccinology.

amother
Impatiens

Post Sat, Oct 09 2021, 8:51 pm
amother [ Topaz ] wrote:
Here is extensive polling from Kaiser Family Foundation. There are others but honestly anything I post will be discredited because anyone who think their views on vaccine mandates reflects the majority is living in a disinformation bubble so any news or information which is widely accepted as being non biased is dismissed. So what is the point. 🤷‍♀️

Occasionally I will find something stated to be so egregiously wrong that I can’t help myself and attempt to correct in the faint hope that someone might learn something whose mind isn’t completely filled with memes and inaccuracies that were probably originally started by a Russian troll farm in the expectation that it would destabilize Western democracies.

At any rate, why do you care if your views don’t reflect those of the majority? Why so defensive?

https://www.kff.org/coronaviru.....2021/

How many people voted? Where are these voters from and how were they chosen for these polls? How does this company ensure that people are being honest? Why are Jews not included? Where can we vote as well?

amother
Topaz

Post Sat, Oct 09 2021, 9:21 pm
amother [ Impatiens ] wrote:
How many people voted? Where are these voters from and how were they chosen for these polls? How does this company ensure that people are being honest? Why are Jews not included? Where can we vote as well?

This is a very reputable polling organization using polling methods recognized by statisticians. You are welcome to read their entire poll including how they polled.

Of course I wasn't polled - for what it is worth, you don't "vote" in a valid poll.

And needless to say your post just reflects my expectation that anything recognized as reliable information and data sources by most people is somehow suspect if it doesn't reflect people's erroneous view of how the world thinks.

You can read about the Kaiser Family Foundation as it is a very well respected organization in the field of public health.

Again, why is it shocking that anti-vax/anti-mandate sentiments are those of a minority and the demographics of those are Republican, X-tian fundamentalists residing in the most part in rural areas.

Just adding that you are indeed a minority in New York State if you are anti-vax/anti-mandate since 85% of New Yorkers over the age of 18 have received at least one jab based on most recent information. It would be a fair assumption that 85% are not anti-vax or anti-mandate since they chose to be vaccinated.

https://www.wgrz.com/article/n.....9eed6

Eight-five percent of adults across New York State have had at least one dose of the COVID vaccine, according to Gov. Kathy Hochul's office. Her office says 74.4 percent of New York adults have completed the vaccine series.
"As we reach this milestone of 85 percent of New Yorkers with at least one dose, we are one step closer to finally putting an end to this pandemic and getting our lives back to normal," Governor Hochul said in a statement.

amother
Impatiens

Post Sat, Oct 09 2021, 9:28 pm
amother [ Topaz ] wrote:
This is a very reputable polling organization using polling methods recognized by statisticians. You are welcome to read their entire poll including how they polled.

Of course I wasn't polled - for what it is worth, you don't "vote" in a valid poll.

And needless to say your post just reflects my expectation that anything recognized as reliable information and data sources by most people is somehow suspect if it doesn't reflect people's erroneous view of how the world thinks.

You can read about the Kaiser Family Foundation as it is a very well respected organization in the field of public health.

Again, why is it shocking that anti-vax/anti-mandate sentiments are those of a minority and the demographics of those are Republican, X-tian fundamentalists residing in the most part in rural areas.

You havent answered any of my questions. So I said vote instead of "polled" that doesnt change anything. How many people were "polled" for this, who were the "pollsters", how did this company ensure that the pollsters are being honest, why were only x-tian fundamentalists included and not Jews (many Jews are democrat and still against the vaccine mandates), and where can we participate in these polls?
And yes, it makes a difference how many people were included in this poll. If you only had 100 people with 75% liberal then how would that tell us what the "majority" of people in America want? So I ask these questions to see how it really relates to the millions of people who are against the covid mandates (with thousands forced to take the experimental vaccine against their will as thousands more lose their jobs). I dont want to believe that a majority of Americans have lost their humanity so please answer the questions I asked to see if its truly a "majority" of people who want the mandates.

amother
Topaz

Post Sat, Oct 09 2021, 9:33 pm
You havent answered any of my questions. So I said vote instead of "polled" that doesnt change anything. How many people were "polled" for this, who were the "pollsters", how did this company ensure that the pollsters are being honest, why were only x-tian fundamentalists included and not Jews (many Jews are democrat and still against the vaccine mandates), and where can we participate in these polls?
And yes, it makes a difference how many people were included in this poll. If you only had 100 people with 75% liberal then how would that tell us what the "majority" of people in America want? So I ask these questions to see how it really relates to the millions of people who are against the covid mandates (with thousands forced to take the experimental vaccine against their will as thousands more lose their jobs). I dont want to believe that a majority of Americans have lost their humanity so please answer the questions I asked to see if its truly a "majority" of people who want the mandates.

I did answer you - you are welcome to actually read the information on the link I supplied including the entire article which supplies that.

Why should I spend time copying and pasting information that you aren't going to read anyway as your mind is closed. If your mind was actually open to learning, you would have used the link and read the poll including how it was conducted.

I have better ways to spend time than to go down a rabbit hole of attempting to justify reputable data to people who have no interest in actually having a dialogue because they are unwilling to take the effort to actually read the primary source to evaluate for themselves.

If you have statistical expertise and want to provide a reason why their polling methods are invalid after reading how they conduct them, go for it.

amother
Impatiens

Post Sat, Oct 09 2021, 9:39 pm
amother [ Topaz ] wrote:
I did answer you - you are welcome to actually read the information on the link I supplied including the entire article which supplies that.

Why should I spend time copying and pasting information that you aren't going to read anyway as your mind is closed. If your mind was actually open to learning, you would have used the link and read the poll including how it was conducted.

I have better ways to spend time than to go down a rabbit hole of attempting to justify reputable data to people who have no interest in actually having a dialogue because they are unwilling to take the effort to actually read the primary source to evaluate for themselves.

If you have statistical expertise and want to provide a reason why their polling methods are invalid after reading how they conduct them, go for it.

Telling me to read a long website with tons of information is not answering my questions. The poll should show you how many people participated, but it doesnt. Why do they leave this information out if they want to prove that the majority of America are pro-vaccine mandates? Why do you tell me to read the site instead of answering the questions?
I will ask again, perhaps this time you can actually answer the questions without telling me to do my own research as that would prove that you are unable to prove your point that majority of people want vaccine mandates when we know that isnt true.

How many people were "polled" for this, who were the "pollsters", how did this company ensure that the pollsters are being honest, why were only x-tian fundamentalists included and not Jews (many Jews are democrat and still against the vaccine mandates), and where can we participate in these polls?

amother
Pansy

Post Sat, Oct 09 2021, 9:43 pm
And yet, Biden's disapproval rating continues to climb. It's now the highest it's ever been, over 50%. Hard to believe a majority support the new mandate but are disliking him so intensely for unrelated reasons.

amother
Cerulean

Post Sat, Oct 09 2021, 9:43 pm
Do we still have people who believe in polls? Time and again it's been proven that polls represent who the pollsters want it to represent. I love charts that say 70% of xyz people said this. How many people did they poll? 70% of how many? Why do they always leave that super important fact out. And the few times I've found actual amounts it's been like 100, they want me to think 100 people represents something significant in the US.

amother
Cerulean

Post Sat, Oct 09 2021, 9:44 pm
amother [ Pansy ] wrote:
And yet, Biden's disapproval rating continues to climb. It's now the highest it's ever been, over 50%. Hard to believe a majority support the new mandate but are disliking him so intensely for unrelated reasons.

And they lie about approval ratings so imagine how many people are actually not happy with him

amother
Topaz

Post Sat, Oct 09 2021, 9:46 pm
Telling me to read a long website with tons of information is not answering my questions. The poll should show you how many people participated, but it doesnt. Why do they leave this information out if they want to prove that the majority of America are pro-vaccine mandates? Why do you tell me to read the site instead of answering the questions?
I will ask again, perhaps this time you can actually answer the questions without telling me to do my own research as that would prove that you are unable to prove your point that majority of people want vaccine mandates when we know that isnt true.

How many people were "polled" for this, who were the "pollsters", how did this company ensure that the pollsters are being honest, why were only x-tian fundamentalists included and not Jews (many Jews are democrat and still against the vaccine mandates), and where can we participate in these polls?

I'm sorry but it is not my job to spoon feed information to people who are unwilling to read primary sources.

Any information I give is going to be disputed and picked over by you so I what is the point.

I have supplied information for those who aren't too intellectually lazy to actually read and make their own determination based on data. What you conclude from that information is not my responsibility.

As per my original post, my intent is to provide a source of information for those who are interested in reading various sources of information instead of relying on an echo chamber of right wing disinformation. If after reading it, they are not satisfied with the methodology so be it but it is not my intent to defend the methodology to someone who is too lazy to even bother to read the poll and its conclusions but without reading it is attacking its conclusions. 🤷🏼‍♀️

And the conclusions aren't even controversial - that is part that I am finding kind of funny. What kind of poll do you need to know that the anti-vax movement is principally composed of fundamentalist X-tians who identify as Republican and live in rural areas. One just has to look at levels of vaccination in various states and counties - or even zip codes when relevant to realize that.
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics