Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Comfy and stylish shoes

Fabulous

Post Sat, Oct 09 2021, 7:51 pm
I have bad feet. Full stop. I have wide, big (size 10-10.5), flat feet. I have plantar fasciitis and collapsing arches. For the last two years or so I have been basically wearing sneaker shoes with orthotics. I would really like to get some real shoes. Weekday, shabbos whatever. Needs to be wide enough and not super flat and cushioned, ideally with room for the orthotic but willing to not if it has some natural support.

I’m too young to wear bubby shoes. I would like something sort of flattering and in style. Please help a working mama in her 30s out please! Links or even companies would be appreciated. I heard about vionic but it’s pretty flat, I find.

Fabulous

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 4:18 am
Bumping for the morning crowd. Thanks!

amother
Lightblue

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 4:40 am
Fabulous wrote:
Bumping for the morning crowd. Thanks!

Following. I have a similar story. I really need to wear sneakers for all sorts of feet problems but it’s not always appropriate and my teenaged daughter is very embarrassed of her mother... I do well with booties sometimes cause I feel like there’s more room to build in good support (could almost be like a sneaker but look nicer) so if anyone can help us out with links would be so appreciated! And shoes too cause they’re dressier...

icebreaker

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 5:27 am
I splurged on a pair of Birdies. They’re really comfy and I wear them just about everyday. I don’t have wide feet, but I do have big feet (size 11), but I think they can definitely accommodate wide feet because they’re not leather.

I have some links to other shoes that may work, I’m just not home and they’re on my laptop. But I can def post them when I get home!

amother
Chestnut

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 5:51 am
Same. After Bh multiple children my feet have become wide, flat and a small bunion. I wear sneakers all the time but it’s going and I haven’t found a new sneaker that is comfortable, wide and with support.

I have a pair of life stride Margot loafers I wear for Shabbos or simchos. It has an arch and is wide but isn’t the most supportive. It’s the only shoe I’ve been able to wear. Would love something more supportive that’s comfy too.

amother
Dill

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 12:13 pm
amother [ Chestnut ] wrote:
Same. After Bh multiple children my feet have become wide, flat and a small bunion. I wear sneakers all the time but it’s going and I haven’t found a new sneaker that is comfortable, wide and with support.

I have a pair of life stride Margot loafers I wear for Shabbos or simchos. It has an arch and is wide but isn’t the most supportive. It’s the only shoe I’ve been able to wear. Would love something more supportive that’s comfy too.

Check out New Balance 990. They are a lifesaver, BH. Very comfy and supportive. And they come in wide width. They're expensive, but worth every penny. Good luck!

Fabulous

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 1:44 pm
Yeah my podiatrist originally recommended that and I have them for exercise but I find them to be very clunky and heavy. I usually wear the cheap sneaker shoes a size up with orthotics. Works for me bh but still looking for show recommendations. Sorry. Don’t know why it went anon

amother
Moonstone

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 1:55 pm
Listen, I have plantar fasciitis and I really suffered until I discovered Fitflops. They are a lifesaver! Now I almost never wear anything else. They make slides, sandals, shoes, clogs and boots. They have lots and lots of different styles, but I stick with the ones whose footbed technology is called "Microwobbleboard" (the red dot, not the yellow). Amazingly comfortable, even if on my feet most of the day. Worth every penny.

Fabulous

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 8:08 pm
amother [ Moonstone ] wrote:
Listen, I have plantar fasciitis and I really suffered until I discovered Fitflops. They are a lifesaver! Now I almost never wear anything else. They make slides, sandals, shoes, clogs and boots. They have lots and lots of different styles, but I stick with the ones whose footbed technology is called "Microwobbleboard" (the red dot, not the yellow). Amazingly comfortable, even if on my feet most of the day. Worth every penny.

Can you find a link of a normal flat style or loafer style? bec I searched them and a ton of the reviews were that they were not like other fit flop (not good). But it was for every one I searched.

amother
Peachpuff

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 8:12 pm
https://www.fitflop.com/us/en/.....e#001

Fabulous

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 4:23 pm
icebreaker wrote:
I splurged on a pair of Birdies. They’re really comfy and I wear them just about everyday. I don’t have wide feet, but I do have big feet (size 11), but I think they can definitely accommodate wide feet because they’re not leather.

I have some links to other shoes that may work, I’m just not home and they’re on my laptop. But I can def post them when I get home!

I just tried them on and they feel yum!! Will report back when I actually start wearing them. Thank you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics