Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Should I wake up my sleeping kids to change them??
1  2  Next

blessedmother2

Post Sat, Oct 09 2021, 7:49 pm
Just walked in their room, 3 kids are sleeping and it stinks...checked and they all have full diapers. It's almost 8 pm and there might be some rashes tom and it could leak out by 7 am when my baby wakes up. WWYD?

amother
Brown

Post Sat, Oct 09 2021, 7:51 pm
Of course! They shouldn't be lying in their own excrement for hours!

mama123

Post Sat, Oct 09 2021, 7:52 pm
Stinks from pee or poop?
I would not wake kids to change wet diapers; only for a dirty diaper.

Just One

Post Sat, Oct 09 2021, 7:53 pm
Definitely change the child with the bowel movement. They'll be in agony if they stay in it for almost 12 hours

Blessing1

Post Sat, Oct 09 2021, 7:53 pm
I've always changed sleeping babies. They don't really wake up. I wouldn't leave them in dirty diapers overnight.

Genius

Post Sat, Oct 09 2021, 7:58 pm
Try to do in as dark a room as possible so they don’t wake up too much.

amother
DarkPurple

Post Sat, Oct 09 2021, 8:02 pm
I wouldn't change them

hodeez

Post Sat, Oct 09 2021, 8:05 pm
Yes, it's not worth the week of pain they will have from a diaper rash

Blessing1

Post Sat, Oct 09 2021, 8:07 pm
amother [ DarkPurple ] wrote:
I wouldn't change them

That's not right to do to kids. You don't leave kids in a dirty diaper for 12 hours.

amother
Ivory

Post Sat, Oct 09 2021, 8:11 pm
Yes, but you can do it in the dark, so it’s not too hard to put them back to sleep. On a side note it’s interesting that all three pooped in their sleep. In general children do not poop during the night.

blessedmother2

Post Sat, Oct 09 2021, 9:04 pm
Thanks for all the responses. Was def not feeling good leaving them like that overnight. They are not infants, youngest is almost 1 and it's #2 for all.

Sewsew_mom

Post Sat, Oct 09 2021, 9:07 pm
So strange they all pooped same time.
But regardless please change them. It's gross they should sleep like that. And they may wake up at 2am and call u to change them than so why wait. Change with a small night light and don't wake them up. Have everything right next to you and change fast.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sat, Oct 09 2021, 9:18 pm
I’d think it’s strange that all three did that. Is it loose? I’d be expecting fever and stomach viruses tomorrow if I were you

blessedmother2

Post Sat, Oct 09 2021, 9:23 pm
Sewsew_mom wrote:
So strange they all pooped same time.
But regardless please change them. It's gross they should sleep like that. And they may wake up at 2am and call u to change them than so why wait. Change with a small night light and don't wake them up. Have everything right next to you and change fast.

I know, so strange they all pooped at the same time. They won't wake up till the morning. My thinking of possibly not changing them is only outta fear of waking them and they'll wanna come out cuz they're (suddenly) hungry/thirsty and they'll be up for a while... There's a night light on and so I'll just go in soon and change them all and hopefully they'll go right back to sleep🙏🏻

amother
Watermelon

Post Sat, Oct 09 2021, 9:23 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
Yes, but you can do it in the dark, so it’s not too hard to put them back to sleep. On a side note it’s interesting that all three pooped in their sleep. In general children do not poop during the night.

My kids make dirty diapers during the night all the time. In fact, one of my children used to ONLY have bowel movements at night and never during the day.

blessedmother2

Post Sat, Oct 09 2021, 9:26 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
I’d think it’s strange that all three did that. Is it loose? I’d be expecting fever and stomach viruses tomorrow if I were you

Interesting you mentioned that. I had some kind of stomach virus Friday night(felt really sick) but felt completely fine Shabbos morning and all day. Could be they caught it later... I'll check the consistency. Thanks

creditcards

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 2:18 pm
I wouldn't change if they are asleep. But my kids never sleep through the night. I always change my kids when they wake up crying for a bottle of drink.

amother
Bergamot

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 6:43 pm
How do you manage 3 kids in diapers!! Wow. I wouldn't handle changing so many diapers.

blessedmother2

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 10:53 pm
@Bergamot
I have no choice!! I told my husband at least 2 need to be trained before the next pregnancy 😆.
My oldest is 4 and is an extremely bright boy. He never cared about being in dirty diapers and still doesn't. We started potty training 2 weeks ago and he actually went #1 a few times in the potty but then we got Covid and had to take a break. My 2 year old doesn't like sitting in dirty diapers and will tell me when he needs to be changed but when we were potty training him (together with my 4 yr old) he kept having accidents. He did go a little on the potty, to give him credit Wink
Anyone else heard of a 4 yr old boy not being so interested in underwear or in not wearing diapers?!?

imaima

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 11:25 pm
blessedmother2 wrote:
I know, so strange they all pooped at the same time. They won't wake up till the morning. My thinking of possibly not changing them is only outta fear of waking them and they'll wanna come out cuz they're (suddenly) hungry/thirsty and they'll be up for a while... There's a night light on and so I'll just go in soon and change them all and hopefully they'll go right back to sleep🙏🏻

Better now than at 2 am.

At 8 pm you have a better chance they go back to sleep right away.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics