Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Modern dining room and living room furniture

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 8:47 am
We would like to not spend a fortune but don’t want cheap junk that will fall apart so I would say middle of the road. Any stores to check out?

tweety1

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 9:56 am
Were looking into new furniture. We checked out local stores. Dh by mistake sort of saw a Bobs furniture when he was in another state and he calls me all excited that he's marrying off his children with furniture from Bob's. They have beautiful furniture and an excellent guarantee policy.

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 9:58 am
tweety1 wrote:
Were looking into new furniture. We checked out local stores. Dh by mistake sort of saw a Bobs furniture when he was in another state and he calls me all excited that he's marrying off his children with furniture from Bob's. They have beautiful furniture and an excellent guarantee policy.

Smart man!

amother
Leaf

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 10:01 am
tweety1 wrote:

They SAY they have an excellent guarantee policy. In practice... not so excellent at all.

Our couch ripped on a seam, and they insist it's not covered. They changed the warrantee terms. So even though they swore up and down that all damage would be covered when we bought the couch, it's not covered under the new terms. And too bad on us. Oh. And they already made one service call right after they delivered it so they can't make another one.

(And FWIW the pleather is peeling badly 4 years later. It looked nice originally, but I won't be getting furniture from there again.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 10:17 am
https://tovfurniture.com/

I know a few people buying from here. Modern, not too expensive, ok quality. (probably won't lat 20+ yrs like furniture used to.)

tweety1

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 11:25 am
amother [ Leaf ] wrote:
They SAY they have an excellent guarantee policy. In practice... not so excellent at all.

Our couch ripped on a seam, and they insist it's not covered. They changed the warrantee terms. So even though they swore up and down that all damage would be covered when we bought the couch, it's not covered under the new terms. And too bad on us. Oh. And they already made one service call right after they delivered it so they can't make another one.

(And FWIW the pleather is peeling badly 4 years later. It looked nice originally, but I won't be getting furniture from there again.

What do you mean by new terms? As of right now? Or they change it on you when you call them?

amother
Milk

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 11:49 am
amother [ Leaf ] wrote:

All pleather peels.

amother
DarkGray

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 11:50 am
Katz Furniture in Lakewood

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 4:59 pm
Thank you.

Do you know quality in comparison to let’s say what a deal (falling apart quickly) vs much higher end?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 12:12 am
Bump. Still looking. Katz had some nice stuff for living room but nothing for dining room

Momima

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 12:17 am
Maybe try Churchill I got a dinette for decent price don't remember if they had dining room.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 7:19 am
Momima wrote:
Maybe try Churchill I got a dinette for decent price don't remember if they had dining room.

I got bedroom stuff from there and I’m not super impressed with the quality.

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 9:31 am
I got my dinette from katz and living room from churchill. both very durable and lasting nicely. dining room I got a closeout from a furniture store closing up yrs ago.
What many people do for dining room is invest in beautiful high quality chairs (and a buffet...if u can afford) and then buy a 2nd hand solid wood table and keep it covered.

amother
Milk

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 9:35 am
My dining room chairs are going.
The stores aren’t really selling the wood chairs anymore bec of how expensive they are and it’s not so in style.
But the new style chairs that are $200-300 each feel so flimsy and uncomfortable. The wood chairs are so sold. The don’t rock or shake. And can sit forever in them.
All the chairs I tried out felt like they can sip easily. Rock. Not comfortable to sit and hang out after a meal.

I’m trying to figure out what other options there are for stylish, comfortable, and solid and steady.

SYA

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 9:48 am
Everything but the baby has all types household furniture.
I’m very happy with their products and service

amother
Rainbow

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 10:28 am
What is your budget?

Good well made furniture is not cheap - for example Restoration Hardware which theoretically sells furniture for middle class people has dining room "wood" chairs that aren't the traditional heavy wood furniture for prices ranging from $400 to $900. This is an example of what they are selling as "modern" wood dining chairs.

https://rhmodern.rh.com/catalo.....30235

However you can often do really well buying a used dining room set because the old stuff was well made and it is relatively inexpensive to change the fabric of the seats. But it tends to be more traditional because people are selling sets bought years ago.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries