Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Study shows vaccination and masking don’t work to stop Covid
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Oct 09 2021, 11:17 pm
This study documents a hospital outbreak of Covid among staff and patients, 96% of whom were fully vaccinated and all staff wearing full PPE (including N95 masks).

https://www.eurosurveillance.o.....00822

This is scientific proof that vaccinations and masks (hospital grade let alone plain cloth ones) do virtually nothing to prevent the spread of Covid.

It just makes it clear that mandates are purely political, and not science-based at all.

amother
Camellia

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 6:42 am
There were shuls over y"t who showed the same.

s1

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 6:48 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
This study documents a hospital outbreak of Covid among staff and patients, 96% of whom were fully vaccinated and all staff wearing full PPE (including N95 masks).

https://www.eurosurveillance.o.....00822

This is scientific proof that vaccinations and masks (hospital grade let alone plain cloth ones) do virtually nothing to prevent the spread of Covid.

It just makes it clear that mandates are purely political, and not science-based at all.

I’m not sure how you conclude that vaccinations do “virtually nothing” to prevent the spread of Covid when over 90% of the patients in the study were vaccinated…?

LovesHashem

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 6:52 am
Vaccinations aren’t too prevent COVID, it’s to make the diseases milder. And it’s does wear off somewhat.

Most of the people who got corona and were vaccinated in this place seemed to get a mild version.

ora_43

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 7:03 am
In early 2020, a single patient at the Holyoke Soldiers' Home tested positive for Covid.

Within a couple of weeks, 70% of patients and at least 80 staffers were sick. One-third of the total patients in the facility ended up dying.

The study you posted shows an extremely vulnerable population being exposed to Covid. 23% got sick; 5 died (just under 5%).

You think that shows the vaccine is worthless? Really? Tell that to the families of the 25 people who would have died in a pre-vaccine outbreak.

ora_43

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 7:12 am
It's also not exactly a big GOTCHA to say that the Pfizer vaccine's effectiveness starts to wear off after 6 months. That is well known.

(note that the study also seems to show a case of natural immunity fading - a medical worker who had recovered from covid is the most likely vector of transmission between some of the patients)

southernbubby

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 8:11 am
The conclusion of the article doesn't mention the "proof" that you are claiming. The vaccinated staff members who contracted the virus remained healthy. Some had mild symptoms but all recovered, BH. The study concludes that boosters and strict protocol are called for in these settings.
Where do you see otherwise?

amother
Almond

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 8:39 am
With these threads I get the feeling that only the title counts. Like misleading journalism: "Israel kills two civilians during protest." So people who scroll by and don't click to read get the slightest glimmer of persuasion in the back of their heads and when that happens multiple times, they start to believe it.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 9:06 am
amother [ Almond ] wrote:
With these threads I get the feeling that only the title counts. Like misleading journalism: "Israel kills two civilians during protest." So people who scroll by and don't click to read get the slightest glimmer of persuasion in the back of their heads and when that happens multiple times, they start to believe it.

In her post, she uses the word "proof". This is where the discussion gets lost. Anyone who reads the article won't see "proof". Of course you have to read it to see that but the conclusion is not that vaccines and PPE are worthless.

ora_43

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 9:35 am
Today's Dilbert is timely:

southernbubby

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 9:49 am
ora_43 wrote:

Thumbs Up

amother
Stonewash

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 10:07 am
Of course they don't work to stop covid. Hashem stops covid. I got the vaccine because I felt it was my hishtadlus, not because it would stop covid.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 10:15 am
LovesHashem wrote:
Vaccinations aren’t too prevent COVID, it’s to make the diseases milder. And it’s does wear off somewhat.

Most of the people who got corona and were vaccinated in this place seemed to get a mild version.

The discussion here is about vaccination and masking stopping Covid from spreading, which in this case it clearly did not.

True, the nurses got a milder version of the virus but a lot of the patients did not. Nearly 20% got severely ill and eight died. That’s a pretty high failure rate for a vaccine.

When I said in my op that it goes to show that the mandates are mostly political and not science-based, it’s true. What is sad is how many comments on this site echo the baseless claims made in the newspapers and news channels that it is the unvaccinated who are to blame for the spread of Covid. This study proves that is absolutely false.

There was an entire thread recently in which many imamothers were expressing outrage and indignation towards the unvaccinated who were “putting others in danger” and are “selfish and care only about themselves”. They have completely bought into the propaganda that the media outlets and these mandates have generated. As this study has proven it is SINAS CHINAM, and not any medical or scientific reason, when you distance yourself from and exclude the unvaccinated.

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 10:26 am
ora_43 wrote:

Love Dilbert but ofc this cuts both ways! (Which I think was the point.)

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 10:29 am
LovesHashem wrote:

This is moving the goalpost. In the early days of convincing everyone to get vaxed, they never said anything about milder versions, they said it would protect you from contracting or transmitting. Does no one even remember that? It wasn't even a year ago.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 10:32 am
southernbubby wrote:
The conclusion of the article doesn't mention the "proof" that you are claiming. The vaccinated staff members who contracted the virus remained healthy. Some had mild symptoms but all recovered, BH. The study concludes that boosters and strict protocol are called for in these settings.
Where do you see otherwise?

The only point I was making in my op is that vaccination and masking do not stop the spread of Covid. Nowhere in my post did I say that vaccination and masking do not help to reduce the severity of Covid in those infected.

The point of this post is to emphasize the fallacy of the misguided assumption that keeps being repeated everywhere, that the unvaccinated are the ones who are a danger to others because they are the ones getting and spreading the virus. The segregation and discrimination occurring in this country due to vaccination and masking mandates is a propaganda tactic that is unnecessarily causing moral superiority, divisiveness and hatred.

The study explicitly challenges the assumptions that a) mass vaccination achieves herd immunity and prevents the spread of Covid and b) that masking helps prevent the spread of the virus.

From the study:

Quote:
this communication emphasises several points. It challenges the assumption that high universal vaccination rates will lead to herd immunity and prevent COVID-19 outbreaks. This was probably true for the wild-type SARS-CoV-2 virus, but in the outbreak described here, 96.2% of the exposed population was vaccinated. Infection advanced rapidly (many cases became symptomatic within 2 days of exposure), and viral load was high. Another accepted view is that, when facing a possible mismatch between the SARS-CoV-2 variant and vaccine or waning immunity, the combination of vaccine and face mask should provide the necessary protection. Although some transmission between staff members could have occurred without masks, all transmissions between patients and staff occurred between masked and vaccinated individuals, as experienced in an outbreak from Finland

southernbubby

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 10:35 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
The discussion here is about vaccination and masking stopping Covid from spreading, which in this case it clearly did not.

True, the nurses got a milder version of the virus but a lot of the patients did not. Nearly 20% got severely ill and eight died. That’s a pretty high failure rate for a vaccine.

When I said in my op that it goes to show that the mandates are mostly political and not science-based, it’s true. What is sad is how many comments on this site echo the baseless claims made in the newspapers and news channels that it is the unvaccinated who are to blame for the spread of Covid. This study proves that is absolutely false.

There was an entire thread recently in which many imamothers were expressing outrage and indignation towards the unvaccinated who were “putting others in danger” and are “selfish and care only about themselves”. They have completely bought into the propaganda that the media outlets and these mandates have generated. As this study has proven it is SINAS CHINAM, and not any medical or scientific reason, when you distance yourself from and exclude the unvaccinated.

I personally don't distance myself from the unvaccinated unless they call me a sheep. I do understand, however, people who are very vulnerable deciding not to socialize with unvaccinated people. Maybe it simply cuts down on their overall exposure to the virus because they socialize less but they will believe what their doctors say and can you blame them?

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 10:38 am
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
This is moving the goalpost. In the early days of convincing everyone to get vaxed, they never said anything about milder versions, they said it would protect you from contracting or transmitting. Does no one even remember that? It wasn't even a year ago.

Yup. And majority of the people who were diagnosed with covid before the vaccine barely had symptoms or were asymptomatic in the first place and werent hospitalized but now the pro-covid vaxxers are pretending that its the vaccine that is doing what covid has done from the start.
Nothing pro-covid vaxxers are doing or saying make sense anymore but somehow we all have to do what they want otherwise we are the villians:

amother
Almond

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 10:42 am
Other vaccines also work like this and have been mostly effective. Like pertussis.
It's a new virus and they're trying their best. Give them a break.
Yes, vaccinated people will get sick less often and therefore will infect people less often.
That is a successful vaccine in the meantime.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 10:46 am
southernbubby wrote:
In her post, she uses the word "proof". This is where the discussion gets lost. Anyone who reads the article won't see "proof". Of course you have to read it to see that but the conclusion is not that vaccines and PPE are worthless.

In two separate posts it says that I called the vaccines and masks worthless when I did not. Stick to the truth.

Their only worth may be in reducing the severity of Covid in those infected but this study proves that they clearly do nothing to stop the spread of the virus.
Page 1 of 7   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics