Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Purim while in aveilus

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 12:26 am
I am not allowed to give mishloach Manos this year. Purim is my time to shine, and my friends always look forward to seeing what I will do.
I know I’m only supposed to give out one, so what can I do to make it not “an apple and a drink”?

amother
Oleander

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 12:36 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I am not allowed to give mishloach Manos this year. Purim is my time to shine, and my friends always look forward to seeing what I will do.
I know I’m only supposed to give out one, so what can I do to make it not “an apple and a drink”?

I don’t ever give moahloach manos. It’s from my family, so they have as usual.

amother
DarkPurple

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 1:06 am
I know someone who did a tzedaka theme the year her husband was in availus. They gave out small tzedaka bags that could be used to send with young kids to school for giving tzedaka. I forget exactly what was in them, probably some chocolate coins or the like, but what really struck me was the note it contained. It said that the father they were still.in aveilus for was a big ba'al tzedaka and instead of making their usual elaborate m"m they had donated money to his favorite organizations and encouraged their m"m recipients to donate as well in his honor.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 1:36 am
amother [ Oleander ] wrote:
I don’t ever give moahloach manos. It’s from my family, so they have as usual.

Ok, but that wasn’t what I asked. I DO give mishloach Manos, and it’s usually a nice, fun one.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 1:37 am
amother [ DarkPurple ] wrote:
I know someone who did a tzedaka theme the year her husband was in availus. They gave out small tzedaka bags that could be used to send with young kids to school for giving tzedaka. I forget exactly what was in them, probably some chocolate coins or the like, but what really struck me was the note it contained. It said that the father they were still.in aveilus for was a big ba'al tzedaka and instead of making their usual elaborate m"m they had donated money to his favorite organizations and encouraged their m"m recipients to donate as well in his honor.

I really like this, thank you!!! What were the tzedaka bags?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics