Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
WWYD- wedding in Israel and USA
Previous  1  2

amother
Lightgreen

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 4:37 am
The policy on tourists might be changing.

https://m.jpost.com/israel-new.....81505

chanchy123

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 4:52 am
amother [ Lightgreen ] wrote:

But we all now know how quick things could change. My advice would be to have the wedding as soon as possible while the skies here are fairly open.

Elfrida

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 5:11 am
chanchy123 wrote:
But we all now know how quick things 4could change. My advice would be to have the wedding as soon as possible while the skies here are fairly open.

Maybe good advice, but per the OP they are not actually engaged yet, so planning a wedding date sounds a little bit previous!

ora_43

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 5:14 am
Thoughts in no particular order:

1. when it comes to questions of cost, keep in mind that it might be significantly cheaper to make a wedding in Israel. Just something to look into + add to the ticket price calculations.

2. worst case scenario, if the policy did change and a week beforehand Israel barred all non-citizens - what would the couple want to do? Eg would they be willing to postpone the wedding by a few weeks? Are there wedding halls that would work with them on that?

3. keep in mind that in a scenario where Israel is barring all non-citizens, odds are high that Israeli citizens are also restricted in their ability to fly abroad. Generally speaking the restrictions on tourists coming in and Israelis coming and going go hand in hand (not that they're identical, and sometimes it's easier for Israeli to fly out than non-Israelis to fly in - but it's not a given).

Overall - I'd give it a few weeks of discussion + research. What does the couple want to do, what does the chatan's family want to do, what wedding halls are available here and there and when and at what price and with what flexibility... etc.

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 7:27 am
In terms of Israel's upcoming policy, and possible forthcoming policy, the new definition of vaccinated or recovered as being within 6 months is making things very complicated for a lot of people in the US who can't get boosters yet. Forget just taking a serological- even with full antibodies, they can't come at all if their vaccines were in February or March or even April. You don't need a locked down country for most relatives to be locked out.

amother
Valerian

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 7:56 am
challenging!
in these times....
B"H only for good things
I would talk to the couple if they are willing to make a chasuna in US would do that as quickly and simply as possible and then host a huge party/sheva brochos in E"Y
a lot depends upon where the couple are holding in regard to their wishes
though ultimately it is up to those paying I would not want to do something against their strong wishes
hopefully a happy solution can be reached
priority is the couple and their parents in terms of priorities
flexibility is key and the relationships
plus you may not know where the other side's family is holding on this
diplomacy essential!

keym

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 8:07 am
amother [ Cantaloupe ] wrote:
In terms of Israel's upcoming policy, and possible forthcoming policy, the new definition of vaccinated or recovered as being within 6 months is making things very complicated for a lot of people in the US who can't get boosters yet. Forget just taking a serological- even with full antibodies, they can't come at all if their vaccines were in February or March or even April. You don't need a locked down country for most relatives to be locked out.

Yup. I had my 2nd vaccine April 2. I'm no longer eligible to come into EY because it's past 6 months.
However I'm not eligible for a booster in the US for another 2 months and even once I hit 8 months, the FDA hasn't approved the booster for people in my age range. (I'm under 40).

amother
Daffodil

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 9:38 am
I got married in isreal and my parents and siblings flew in
my ex planned the whole wedding
I got divorced a few months later and came back to the states

dena613

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 9:45 am
I wouldn't do EY. It is way to stressful, wondering if their policies will change, wondering if you need the third vaccine, wondering what will happen if you test positive.

Engagements are naturally stressful times.
Keep it simple.

The friends can make a party when your couple (GETS AN ISHUR to) go to israel.

Elfrida

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 10:38 am
dena613 wrote:

The friends can make a party when your couple (GETS AN ISHUR to) go to israel.

The couple and their friends are already in Israel. They live there and are Israeli citizens.

The question is whether they should be asked to leave Israel and their friends for the wedding, or whether the family will come to them. As first degree relatives the family are entitled to an ishur to enter the country.

shabri

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 3:01 pm
Not sure why not. Got my sister's ishur today and she was vaccinated in March. As of today a first degree relative needs to be fully vaccinated but it does not need to be in the past 6 months. She will have to do the full 7 day bidud though bc it's been 6 month since her last vaccine and can't get a tav yarok.

Of course that can always change. That's why I said as of today

keym wrote:
Yup. I had my 2nd vaccine April 2. I'm no longer eligible to come into EY because it's past 6 months.
However I'm not eligible for a booster in the US for another 2 months and even once I hit 8 months, the FDA hasn't approved the booster for people in my age range. (I'm under 40).

Elfrida

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 3:28 pm
Read the article above. The policy seems likely to change within the next few weeks.

keym

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 3:41 pm
shabri wrote:
Not sure why not. Got my sister's ishur today and she was vaccinated in March. As of today a first degree relative needs to be fully vaccinated but it does not need to be in the past 6 months. She will have to do the full 7 day bidud though bc it's been 6 month since her last vaccine and can't get a tav yarok.

Of course that can always change. That's why I said as of today

I would not be able to do a 7 day quarantine before a wedding.
And most people in my situation wouldn't be able to also.
And frustrating because I AM fully vaccinated according to my Dr and CANNOT get a booster.

amother
Valerian

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 3:42 pm
So sorry daffodil
Wishing you and everyone brocha v hatzlocha

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 7:17 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
I was supposed to get married in Israel but changed our plans because my DHs family refused to fly in for it. We ended up having the wedding in America and the Sheva brachos in Israel. To be very honest, I still have a lot of resentment towards his family for making us do that and I’ve never been able to forgive them

oy- I am so sorry. I don't have a problem flying- I am worried about getting in to israel.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 7:20 pm
amother [ Lightgreen ] wrote:

This is positive- but still complicated..
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics