Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
The mohel said not to feed the baby 2 hours before bris?
Previous  1  2

watergirl

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 10:29 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Wow! I've never heard of a baby not crying at their bris. He must've been really settled, or drugged up on milk 😄

Yeah, there was an older women at the bris who had many grandsons and great grandsons. When they announced my son's name, she was outraged because she assumed the bris had not been done yet. She insisted I go check to see! Sure enough, he did not make a sound. The mohel says its not common. But he makes up for it now!

Tzutzie

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 10:35 am
watergirl wrote:
Yeah, there was an older women at the bris who had many grandsons and great grandsons. When they announced my son's name, she was outraged because she assumed the bris had not been done yet. She insisted I go check to see! Sure enough, he did not make a sound. The mohel says its not common. But he makes up for it now!

Hahaha. This made me literally lol. My son is almost 2.5. The last few weeks he hasn't shut up. He talks and talks and talks and talks. More than my VERY loud girls every did. He'll tell me about anything and evening. His toys, the cars he sees in the window (mindow) and the kids at playgroup. Even his food will turn into objects and become animated things in his mind and of course I need to know exactly everything. . Absolutely nonstop. Or he's singing.
It's the funniest cutest thing.

The only time he is quiet is when he's asleep..... when he's drinking a bottle he shifts to humming.....

Roots

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 10:56 am
by all my boys we also didnt feed 2 hours before. but thats normal because if they need to eat every 3 hours than I made sure they were well fed 2 hrs before and then after the bris they nurse well and fall asleep usually till after the seuda

its a surgery, stay careful

btw my mohel says that the bris itself doesnt hurt the baby at all- he even once showed me on one the boys- holdiong the legs open and apart is what makes them cry- he pulled the foreskin before the bris to show me that the baby doesnt cry from that at all- and that really calmed me down
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics