Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Bnos Basya high school
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 3:03 pm
I am just curious if anyone knows how this new school is turning out. How many girls are enrolled? Are they happy? Where is the school located. Are current eighth graders thinking of applying there. I really hope it does not become the reject school and have to close in a few years. There are amazing people behind the school and I hope it is a success!

amother
Daisy

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 3:15 pm
I think people should look at it as a new school that is opening up next year.

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 3:37 pm
Following

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 3:47 pm
I know 2 girls there. So far they are happy. I think there’s 17 girls altogether

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 4:23 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
I know 2 girls there. So far they are happy. I think there’s 17 girls altogether

Are they “good girls “? Not the rebellious type… are they Bais yaakov type?

amother
Daisy

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 5:09 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
Are they “good girls “? Not the rebellious type… are they Bais yaakov type?

They are being very picky who they take. They are only taking in Bais Yaakov non rebellious girls they want it to be a "normal" school not a place for the drop outs.

They had about 36 hours to open before school started and manged it. But, you really should look at it as a school that is opening up next year not one that opened this year.

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 5:17 pm
amother [ Daisy ] wrote:
They are being very picky who they take. They are only taking in Bais Yaakov non rebellious girls they want it to be a "normal" school not a place for the drop outs.

They had about 36 hours to open before school started and manged it. But, you really should look at it as a school that is opening up next year not one that opened this year.

I AM looking at it for next year. I have an eight grader who is the oldest girl in our family.

amother
Daisy

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 6:08 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
I AM looking at it for next year. I have an eight grader who is the oldest girl in our family.

I see I was not to clear what I meant. The school is still putting it self together, you can't really look at it right now and say this is what it is.

If you look at it as a school that is starting next year, look at what they are saying the school is going to be. Things will change as this year goes on and to looking at the school right now will not give you a clear picture.

The school wants to be a Bais Yaakov type of school, with the same things that the Bais Yaakov schools in this town have. They are being very picky on who they are taking so it does not become the school for rebellious girls. They want to give a solid education not fluff.

They do have experience running schools so they know how to do it witch is more important then people give credit to.

small bean

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 7:47 pm
You can pm me if you want.

galbis

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 8:49 pm
Does anyone have the contact info for Bnos Basya? Can you either post it or pm? Thank you!

small bean

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 9:21 pm

galbis

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 9:56 pm
Thank you!

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 10:30 pm
Galbis, do you mind posting whatever information you find out? I have an 8th grader …

galbis

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 10:44 pm
Someone else asked me for the number. I'll let you know if I hear anything from her.

small bean

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 11:02 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
Galbis, do you mind posting whatever information you find out? I have an 8th grader …

I can give what I know over pm

amother
Birch

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 10:59 am
long ago, I went to a school that was first year. we were the first graduating class

Not in Lakewood

it was an awesome school with excellent staff and bh did very well there.

My mother loved it and moved my younger sisters into this warm school with outstanding teachers, which I still have warm memories from. caring, talented, excellet productions, plays choirs etc...

I am not saying anything about the upcoming school I know nothing about

I am only sharing that a new school and smaller classes can be an awesome experience in every aspect.

Hatzlacha!

amother
Pearl

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 11:25 am
amother [ Birch ] wrote:
long ago, I went to a school that was first year. we were the first graduating class

Not in Lakewood

My mother loved it and moved my younger sisters into this warm school with outstanding teachers, which I still have warm memories from. caring, talented, excellet productions, plays choirs etc...

I am only sharing that a new school and smaller classes can be an awesome experience in every aspect.

Hatzlacha!

I hear that.
My daughter was wondering.. what happens to a school that only has a ninth grade? No GO? No productions?
Is it kind of blah that there aren’t any other grades? Is it hard to be in a brand new school opening for the very first time and being the Guinea pigs that the administration is learning on?
She might very well have to go to a new school as she doesn’t have siblings in any other lakewood high school and I want to know what to tell her.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 11:31 am
I think in a new school the oldest grade gets alot of opportunities. Also, in terms of GO, extra-curricular, they often hire post-sem girls/teachers to be in charge of that.

amother
Diamond

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 11:32 am
My sister was in the first class in bby. She loved it.

amother
Mulberry

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 11:47 am
amother [ Birch ] wrote:

Not in Lakewood

Hatzlacha!

Not to be a naysayer but....

I went to a small elementary school. Small classes. Suposedly warm staff. My mother was all into that it would be good for us. But I hated it. I needed more space. Less people micromanaging me. I did not get along with the principals. I was getting angry.

I switched to the local BY for high school and loved it, and so did my sisters. Thrived there. My younger sisters also switched to a different, larger elementary school.

Everyone is different. It works great for some. For me, I cringe when I hear people extolling the virtues of smaller schools, how great it is. It isn't always.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries