Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Monoclonal antibody infusion?
Previous  1  2

amother
Watermelon

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 10:46 am
I recently got in hospital in NJ based on our weight. (It’s easy to have BMI of 25)
We needed a positive PCR proof
It took 6 hrs from time we got to ER to being discharged. We were in a room5 hrs. It was a little crazy.
My dh felt amazing by the next morning. Took me a few more days.

I heard in Florida it’s a quick injection. Can get if just exposed without pcr. Can get easily.

amother
Tulip

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 5:32 pm
Is the infusion like a vaccine?
I know they both give antibodies - are there any side effects from the infusion?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 5:49 pm
amother [ Tulip ] wrote:
I know they both give antibodies - are there any side effects from the infusion?

It's not like the vaccine.
It's lab grown antibodies injected into a standard IV bag. With original plasma donations, technology was used to sort through millions of the donated cells to find the ones that produce the most potent antibodies against the virus. These cells then formed the basis of a manufacturing process to grow large quantities of antibodies.
They are very limited in how much they can produce at a time, so it's not so readily available. I wish they'd put some of those trillions in aid toward figuring out how to produce more quickly.

amother
Watermelon

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 6:14 pm
amother [ Tulip ] wrote:

They watch you for an hour after.
The literature they gave us didn’t real mention risks. Maybe said risk of fever, nausea, headache…sounded like covid.
It said there is a risk you may not have as good protection against getting sick again - but that didn’t make sense bec ppl with poor immunity are getting the infusion to protect themselves when the vaccine isn’t working.
It also said you may not be able to get the vaccine immediately after.
But the literature was also really old. Like it said there is no vaccine against covid.
So it’s hard to know what is accurate and what not.

amother
Tulip

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 9:54 pm
My husband and I ended up getting the infusion and we are just so grateful
Ty everyone!

ra_mom

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 9:55 pm
amother [ Tulip ] wrote:
My husband and I ended up getting the infusion and we are just so grateful
Ty everyone!

B"H! Feel good!

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 3:53 pm
Just tested positive. How can I get this? Is there a number to call? Do I have to go somewhere or they come to me? What is the procedure like? Is it like an iv in my arm? For how long? Can I go by myself? Or should my husband drive me there?

amother
Nemesia

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 5:11 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
Just tested positive. How can I get this? Is there a number to call? Do I have to go somewhere or they come to me? What is the procedure like? Is it like an iv in my arm? For how long? Can I go by myself? Or should my husband drive me there?

828-4-plasma they will walk you through
Most of the time you go to urgent care they may have nurses available to come to you
Iv for 15 minutes then they observe you for an hour
You can go yourself.. bring EarPods and a movie

amother
Oatmeal

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 5:30 pm
Chasdei H-shem for it!

Get it as soon as you know you have covid or were positively exposed.

Thank you H’ for allowing its discovery!

Took it the second time around. First time was in severe danger for months, on oxygen etc. But it was 2020 and had not yet been around.

With second time (within last cpl months) took immediately (within 48 hrs), already had low o2, fever, severe throat agony, cough and... THANK YOU H-SHEM, was significantly better in cpl hrs (fever broke almost immediately), waaay better next day and fully better (aside from long term original covid issues) in few days.

No side effects, safe.

Take it asap. Thats how you get the benefits.

amother
Oatmeal

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 5:34 pm
PS:

Yes, call 828-4PLASMA. 24/7 (for hatzalas nefashos even on Shabbos).

They are wonderful.

Tizke lmitzvos to them.

lotus2525

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 6:23 pm
Mabs at home

lotus2525

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 6:24 pm
Mabs at home
They come down to your house to give the infusion. In Brooklyn you can also get it by oda medical center

amother
Watermelon

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 6:26 pm
Side point. - find out cost - I have high deductible plan - had it in ER. My final bill was craaaaaazy so it could be your location matters that you take it.

amother
Tulip

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 6:35 pm
It is bh the biggest miracle ever
Both my husband (who is fully vaccinated and got the virus anyways from someone else fully vaccinated who got covid) and I had the infusion right away
Symptoms went away by the next day- it's like a cure. I did get nauseous a day after but if was for very short and not a big deal at all.
In my community they are giving it to everybody that tests positive and even if there was just known exposure- even young healthy people. They come to your house and do the whole thing in about 15 minutes.
It's truly unbelievable

amother
Tulip

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 6:37 pm
I know Tons of people that got the infusion and were bh all fine
I only know if one person who had an allergic reaction
But that's very unusual and I wouldnt not get the infusion because of that

ra_mom

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 7:06 pm
My relative had a $300 copay. We weren't expecting it. But it was worth every penny.

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Nov 15 2021, 9:43 pm
Where exactly do they give you the infusion? Like your arm, veins inside elbow area?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics