Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
I've got several children with special needs. AMA
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 3:39 am
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
I basically asked this because I sometimes feel that I as someone who got the asd should never been born

First of all, there are levels of functioning. It is a very wide spectrum from very typical high functioning children to very low functioning kids.
Chas Vsholem to say that they should've never be born. All children are special in their own way and add alot of quality to this world, even the very low functioning people.
They teach us to be grateful for what we have, they are usually very grateful for everything and voice it or show it, they give us the opportunity to be sensitive to others, have empathy and do chesed. They teach us so many lessons in life.

In my case it's very mild bh, they look and act very typical (while they're on their medication). No one would know.

amother
Moccasin

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 5:19 am
OP, you are an inspiration! How do your non-special needs children deal with their SN siblings? Are they jealous of extra attention SN sibs get?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 12:43 pm
we make sure to give them anough attention.
We also tell them that life isn't divided evenly, everyone gets what they need...
Is it a challenge? absolutely. we ask for Sayta Dishmaya to know what to do and it shouldn't effect them negatively.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 19 2022, 7:32 pm
Keep asking...

amother
Opal

Post Tue, Apr 19 2022, 8:22 pm
creditcards wrote:
I had the same fear until I had my special needs child. In pregnancy I thought that I will give her away. After she was born I fell in love with her and wanted to keep her. She is precious! I thought I would never want a special needs child. It's the worst thing that can possibly happen. But once you have it, it's not so terrible as it sounded. I wouldn't ask for another one but she adds a lot of spice to my life. I think you shouldn't be so worried. Most people with special needs kids never thought they would be able to handle it but it looks different when you are in it.

Creditcards - I really liked your response.

If it is ok with you, would you share what condition your child has, and at which stage of pregnancy did you find out?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 4:42 pm
Hi I'm Back, to answer more of your questions about having special needs children.

In my case, I have several children with ADHD and impulsivity, on medication.
A preteen son- High functioning, ASD (on the spectrum). Very behaviorally challenging!
Young child with Down syndrome.
Child with a rare medical condition.
And more healthy, typical children kah.
And struggling financially on an extreme level.
AMA

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 4:50 pm
what keeps you going on moments that you feel down. (we all have those moments)
Page 7 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 Recent Topics