Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Yavniel

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 2:05 am
we now live in beit shemesh & thinking of moving to a moshav in a couple of years.
we heard about Yavniel, I dont know much about it
can anyone give info on yavniel & also suggest other moshavim.
we are middle of road litvish. mid 5os
thank you

amother
Jasmine

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 2:22 am
Yavniel has a lot of Breslov. Not a place for mainstream Yeshivish I know people who tried it and left.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 2:32 am
Thanks for the info

amother
Tanzanite

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 3:25 am
There are english speakers in Yavniel that are not breslov. They are mainly very natural minded. There are no real schools in the moshav. certainly nothing you are used to in BS.

amother
Jasmine

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 3:34 am
amother [ Tanzanite ] wrote:
There are english speakers in Yavniel that are not breslov. They are mainly very natural minded. There are no real schools in the moshav. certainly nothing you are used to in BS.

Agree that not everyone is Breslov, I was stressing the fact that it's not mainstream or middle of the road yeshivish

amother
Hydrangea

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 3:40 am
Someone I know just moved there from brooklyn and they are VERY breslov

amother
Canary

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 4:20 am
Maybe look into Beit Chilkiya or Yesodot.
Both are Chareidi Moshavim.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 1:04 pm
Thanks!

amother
Garnet

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 12:40 am
Avivah Werner and family moved to Yavniel from RBS a few years ago. avivahwerner.com
She is probably your best bet.

Zehava

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 12:54 am
AFAIK it’s a Yoely Roth/marosh stronghold. AKA a cult. Lots of sefardim from what I can see. Doesn’t seem like the place for you.

amother
Hunter

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 1:56 am
We are hopefully moving to Yavniel from Beit Shemesh in a few months.
We are moving there as we want to homeschool our children and would like to be more connected to nature.
Also, this was the most affordable moshav-like English speaking Chareidi community. (There are very few to choose from.)

Like others have posted, most families there are very natural minded.

Many families there homeschool, but there are schools nearby in Teveriah (a 20 minute drive) and Afula (a 30 minute drive).

Many people who replied spoke about the Breslov population there.
The English-speaking community is totally separate from the Breslov community. Except for one area, the two communities don't even live among one another.

The English speaking community comprises of Ehrlicher yidden- mevakshei Hashem. Most of the community is what would be defined as open-minded (I.e. thinking/self-made) Chareidi, but not modern at all.

There is a nice small Chareidi yeshiva there.

Here is a link with more information about the place:
https://lifeintheland.com/wiki/Yavne%27el

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 2:01 am
very helpful info
thank you!

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 3:14 am
It's very hippie, nanach, natural minded, non conformist, and out there.

If you vaccinated and believe in masks, you will probably be the only ones there that do so.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 8:52 am
if anyone ever goes to yavniel to the morash & his wifes kever please light a candle from me they were my aunt & uncle a"h very special people they should be a meilitz yosher for all of us (im asking this since its in a very out of the area & not to many people get to go there )
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions