Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
Vegetarian crockpot and sheet Pan dinners please

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 7:37 am
Looking for complete balanced meals that are not repetitive . Bonus if they are gluten free! Desperately trying to minimize meal prep and clean up. Appreciate if there are any resources you know of like a site or Instagram account specifically for this as well.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 8:16 am
Sheetpans:
Falafel and French fries, add pita and tehina
Roasted veggies with feta in wraps
Sunny side up sheet pan with veggies
Tofu veggie sheetpan
Tilapia/flounder, green beans and sweet potatoes
Salmon, broccoli and red potatoes
Eggplant parmesan
Cheesy eggplant boats
Pizza with a ball of frozen dough
Lasagna in a 9x13 pan (no cooking pasta)
Baked ziti in a 9x13 pan (no cooking the pasta)

amother
Celeste

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 8:41 am
I make beans and rice in my crockpot often. I dump in short grain brown rice (you can use any kind though), water, salt and seasoning, then canned black beans, a jar of salsa. Done. I'll add a simple green salad on the side.

essie14

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 9:04 am
amother [ Celeste ] wrote:
I make beans and rice in my crockpot often. I dump in short grain brown rice (you can use any kind though), water, salt and seasoning, then canned black beans, a jar of salsa. Done. I'll add a simple green salad on the side.

How many hours do you cook this?
Ratio of rice to water is 1:2?

amother
Celeste

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 9:13 am
essie14 wrote:
How many hours do you cook this?
Ratio of rice to water is 1:2?

Whatever the ratio on the bag of rice is for normal cooking. Most rice is 1:2 but sometimes a little less or more.

I first started making this for shabbos as a change from cholent, since I personally stopped eating meat and also because even when I did eat meat there was always too much leftover cholent and nobody ever wanted to eat it after shabbos. So, it can cook on low for a long, long, long time and be fine, though the rice does get more porridge-like. When I do this on a week day I think 4-5 hours on low is typical and it comes out really well.

tichellady

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 12:12 pm
https://www.budgetbytes.com/ca.....rian/

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 1:41 pm
Thank you!

Ra-mom
How do you do the two fish dishes with vegetables ? Does everything cook the same amount of time or fish gets put on pan later?

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 7:32 am
I want figure out how to quote the exact post . But I really want to make the bean dish that essie14 posted . What seasoning do you use ? Thanks !

essie14

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 10:22 am
amother [ Razzmatazz ] wrote:
I want figure out how to quote the exact post . But I really want to make the bean dish that essie14 posted . What seasoning do you use ? Thanks !

I didn't post it, someone above me did.
But I made it recently.
I did 2 Cups brown rice. 6 cups water. 1 can if black beans, drained. 1 jar of salsa. Some chili powder and salt.
Cooked on low.
I checked it after a few hours and added more water because it was getting dried out.
It was delicious!

Teomima

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 10:59 am
The crockpot rice and beans sounds delicious!

When we first started getting our csa boxes, it was prime root veggie season. I'd toss whatever we'd get, along with a can of coconut cream, into the slow cooker and make a stew, delicious over rice. It usually contains onions, turnips, potatoes, sweet potatoes, multicolored carrots and beets, and it was great with some fresh ginger and turmeric. I look forward to it every winter.

For pan roasting we're big fans of oven roasted cauliflower in our house, and I love roasting chunks of cabbage with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and salt.

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 11:24 am
Any more similar ideas ? This bean dish was amazing . Would love more vegan / vegetarian ideas similar to this
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking