Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
How to resolve suspended license

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 2:55 pm
Got a ticket 3 years ago for going through a red light.
Postponed court as once and new date fell out in March 2019. Got canceled because of covid. Never got any update about rescheduled date.
Checked dmv website today and license is suspended. There must have been some correspondence that didn't get delivered or was overlooked.
How can this be resolved asap?
If it means pleading guilty and getting points so be it. But need license reinstated asap.
Will call dmv but don't have time to wait on hold now erev shabbos so if anyone has any experience with this please advise!
Thanks!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 11:58 am
Anyone have any experience with this?
Just realized tomorrow's Columbus day and dmv will be closed. Won't be able to talk to anyone until Tuesday

amother
Aconite

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 12:02 pm
Go online to dmv.ny.gov and see what has to be done. Probably have to pay to get licence unsuspended.

amother
Narcissus

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 12:07 pm
You can only resolve the suspended license once you resolve whatever the cause was. If it’s a ticket that needs to be paid see if there’s a way to pay it online

Once you resolve the issue you can put to have the license reinstated, also usually online (my only experience is with an NJ license though)

Are you living at the address on your license? They should have sent you a notice that your license was being suspended and instructions to resolve it

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 2:33 pm
There is no information online on how to pay the ticket or resolve the suspended license.
Also never got any notice in the mail or email. Just happened to have checked dmv account and saw it there.

amother
Aconite

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 6:49 pm
You probably have to make an appointment and go to dmv to fix the problem.
You don't have to call. Go online to make that appointment.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 7:33 pm
Online it says to follow the instructions in the notice but I never got a notice. I'm not sure showing up at the dmv will help

Smile1234

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 8:20 pm
Also don’t just show up at the dmv because you likely need an appt.

I hope you figure it out! Hatzlacha

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 10:30 pm
Problem is can't make an appointment without a reason and if I choose wrong reason will end up with the wrong person & won't get helped.
This is so crazy.
They email for every stupidity but when it's something I need there's no email, no letter, nothing

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 1:45 pm
I'll update in case anyone finds themselves in the same position.
Hired a lawyer who reopened the case and requested a new hearing date. (This can probably be done without a lawyer but I didn't know about it and lawyer will now handle the hearing as well.)
Then was able to call DMV and pay suspension fee. Can not do this online and takes HOURS to get through to a person.
Once paid, driving privileges are reinstated immediately.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries