Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Girls Schools in Lakewood

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 7:23 am
Hi, I applied to 5 schools and haven't heard back from any. What am I doing wrong?

gomom!

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 8:28 am
U need to call them. If you have any pull, have them call too! Don’t just wait for them. Hatzlacha!

amother
Taupe

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 8:31 am
Depends which schools you applied to. Are they all usually full with siblings and don’t take too many new people?

tigerwife

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 10:11 am
Call each school today and confirm that they received your application. Then call them on Monday to follow up. And call again. And again. Also, have any pull you know call for you as well. Good luck!

amother
Ivory

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 10:55 am
You obviously hafta be on top of it and use all the pull you have but I'm in same boat and I wouldn't worry too much yet because schools r jst jst starting on the process going over the applications now they say it can take few weeks so get too nervous yet

amother
NeonPurple

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 11:52 am
Its a very hard process. If you can have someone with pull call it may help.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 11:55 am
I'm wondering, is it harder to get into girls' schools than boys? Also, I have a feeling that the application process is slower, that they don't send you responses right away like the boys.

I have a nephew in kindergarten, and they got a response from the school the day of the interview (but they were totally shocked. Pleasantly, B"H....) I told her it should be like that I"YH for his little sister, in a few years....

For girls schools, I don't think all the applications are in yet....I got a letter last week from BF telling me to send in any sibling registration information (they send it to all current parents).

amother
Ivory

Post Fri, Oct 08 2021, 12:06 pm
Bais faiga runs on their own schedule. The other schools r jst about done getting the applications but I don't think they recieved/reviewed/ set up interviews withall of them. Most schools only opened registration rite after sukkos so they didn't have all thr much time yet to get things rolling. N yes girls r wayyy more complicated than boys schools and yes they don't necessarily give answers rithjt after the interview hatzclocha rabba!!!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 7:20 am
Many girl's schools gave their answers already. Time for pull. If you didnt get an interview get your pull asap.

amother
PlumPink

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 7:48 am
Which schools gave their answers already??

amother
PlumPink

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 7:49 am
Chayalle wrote:
I'm wondering, is it harder to get into girls' schools than boys? Also, I have a feeling that the application process is slower, that they don't send you responses right away like the boys.

I have a nephew in kindergarten, and they got a response from the school the day of the interview (but they were totally shocked. Pleasantly, B"H....) I told her it should be like that I"YH for his little sister, in a few years....

For girls schools, I don't think all the applications are in yet....I got a letter last week from BF telling me to send in any sibling registration information (they send it to all current parents).

Girl schools are known to be harder than boys, mostly I think because there are a few more yeshivos than girl schools.

amother
PlumPink

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 7:52 am
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
Bais faiga runs on their own schedule. The other schools r jst about done getting the applications but I don't think they recieved/reviewed/ set up interviews withall of them. Most schools only opened registration rite after sukkos so they didn't have all thr much time yet to get things rolling. N yes girls r wayyy more complicated than boys schools and yes they don't necessarily give answers rithjt after the interview hatzclocha rabba!!!

Exactly! I requested an application on Friday, the day after isru chag. It got emailed Tues night, I gave it in in person on Wednesday. I have 2 " pulls" in the school who knows my application is in. Didn't get an interview yet. It takes a couple of days to process! They can't possibly get through to everyone right away, especially if they call some references first.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 8:29 am
amother [ PlumPink ] wrote:
Exactly! I requested an application on Friday, the day after isru chag. It got emailed Tues night, I gave it in in person on Wednesday. I have 2 " pulls" in the school who knows my application is in. Didn't get an interview yet. It takes a couple of days to process! They can't possibly get through to everyone right away, especially if they call some references first.

I can tell you that when my youngest was in Kindergarten, we gave in the sibling application right after Succos, and then....no response. Sometime in January, the Vaad put out a letter about those not accepted to school yet needing to contact the Vaad immediately...so I called BF up and asked them when I will get a response from them, and do I need to call the Vaad. They told me they would get back to me, and shortly after that called me back to say my DD is in. And this as a sibling!

So yeah, they run on their own clock. Don't know if it's still like that (DD is in 8th grade) but don't expect a couple of days....how about months....

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 2:16 pm
Yes but the months thing is only for bais faiga I think at this point the other schools have already called for their first batch of interviews...though I'm sure there's always a 2nd n third batch. N I know some schools tht only got to starting to schedule interviews like literally yest and today.... I'm assuming most people who already got answers as to whether their kids r in school or not probobly have enuf pull tht the forsure got in. I don't think most people got answers back from schools yet theyr rly jst beginning the process but anyone can correct me if I'm wrong if they know otherwise Smile))

amother
PlumPink

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 3:04 pm
My experience too 👆
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics