Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Daughter friend mom has covid, and came to school
Previous  1  2

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 6:28 pm
My kids all tested positive for covid this week. They are home for a 10 day isolation period. DH and I are vaccinated and tested negative and we were told by multiple doctors that we can go out as long as we're wearing masks. We have decided to limit going out to just essentials and we will be testing again in a few days to be extra careful. If any of our younger kids had tested negative, they would have been required to quarantine for 10 days to make sure they don't get sick and transmit covid to their classmates. Our vaccinated teenager would have been allowed to go to school wearing a mask if he had tested negative but he is also positive so he's home with his siblings for the 10 days.

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 6:39 pm
In the UK only the individual with symptoms needs to isolate. Everyone else is ok to go about business as usual.

I know you're not in the UK but this mom might very well be following the recommended guidelines of her doctor and others in the know. It seems to be standard practice at this stage.

amother
Currant

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 6:43 pm
fleetwood wrote:
Just curious what this nefarious goal is??

Population control. The vaccine will eventually kill and/or sterilize recipients. Or, turning the population into zombies via a microchip that is injected with the vaccine. As evidenced by the fact that the CDC has a zombie preparedness website.

I don't subscribe to either of the above theories, but have heard them IRL. Crying I don't even know how to begin to dig out of the misinformation with stuff like this.

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 6:48 pm
amother [ Currant ] wrote:
Population control. The vaccine will eventually kill and/or sterilize recipients. Or, turning the population into zombies via a microchip that is injected with the vaccine. As evidenced by the fact that the CDC has a zombie preparedness website.

I don't subscribe to either of the above theories, but have heard them IRL. Crying I don't even know how to begin to dig out of the misinformation with stuff like this.

The goal is to killing off conservatives and Trump voters. That’s why George Soros pays antifa to disseminate vaccine disinformation to Jews and red staters.

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 6:50 pm
fleetwood wrote:

Follow the money.

And governmental control.

There are so many contradictions to the vaccine mandates which show how it is not about our health.

amother
Caramel

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 7:09 pm
amother [ Cappuccino ] wrote:
The mother who has it came to school or her daughter? Because according to CDC & Fauci, if they are vaccinated, its okay for non sick household members. And if you go by countries who recognize natural immunity, it is stronger than the vaccine.

However, if the sick person came, so not okay.

You call the school office and calmly tell them what happened and that you are very upset. They send policy reminder to all parents. But don't name names, it won't help.

That’s not true they have to quarantine and test out.

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 7:24 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m fuming! I told the mom her kids are contagious. What do I do now?

You are right to be angry but the sad part is that the situation you know about is just the tip of the iceberg. In every frum school there are probably many kids who have the exact same situation. I speak from experience because I work in a school and most school employees know there are too many unvaccinated kids in school who have a Covid positive parent or sibling at home. An unvaccinated kid who was exposed to Covid must quarantine for at least a week, but many families refuse to follow this rule. If frum schools tested, masked, and enforced quarantine like public schools the frum world wouldn't be having this post-yuntif wave.

amother
Blueberry

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 7:27 pm
As I said before. Nobody gives an xxxx.

We claim to be so full of chessed and ahava but we are collectively very selfish.

amother
Cadetblue

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 7:49 pm
fleetwood wrote:

It’s all speculation at this point, until a thorough investigation takes place.

It appears to be poor judgment on the part of governments who were eager to have a vaccine available for their people and hastily signed contracts with vaccine manufacturers that included exclusivity clauses and other clauses which put the people at a disadvantage while putting the manufacturers at an advantage. It’s hard to know because these contracts haven’t been fully publicized and of those governments which have publicized them, they were heavily redacted versions.

amother
Cherry

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 8:01 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
My kids all tested positive for covid this week. They are home for a 10 day isolation period. DH and I are vaccinated and tested negative and we were told by multiple doctors that we can go out as long as we're wearing masks. We have decided to limit going out to just essentials and we will be testing again in a few days to be extra careful. If any of our younger kids had tested negative, they would have been required to quarantine for 10 days to make sure they don't get sick and transmit covid to their classmates. Our vaccinated teenager would have been allowed to go to school wearing a mask if he had tested negative but he is also positive so he's home with his siblings for the 10 days.

Curious what your kids symptoms are like. 75% of my kids tested positive too, but no symptoms, so we’re all quarantined, but would be nice if they’d all have it the same time...

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 8:05 pm
amother [ Cherry ] wrote:
Curious what your kids symptoms are like. 75% of my kids tested positive too, but no symptoms, so we’re all quarantined, but would be nice if they’d all have it the same time...

Fever and runny noses mostly

amother
Snapdragon

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 8:13 pm
amother [ Honeysuckle ] wrote:
An unvaccinated kid who was exposed to Covid must quarantine for at least a week, but many families refuse to follow this rule.

I have covid now. I'm not going to do anything selfish, so although my kids are feeling 100% fine, I asked my doctor. He is very popular, and his advice is widely accepted in my community. He said whoever has antibodies can go about their daily lives, and whoever doesn't have, has to quarantine. Nothing to do with vaccinated or not. None of my kids are vaccinated, yet some have been going to school. My unlucky kids who do not have antibodies have been quarantined together with me.

Maybe the people in your school all have antibodies, and maybe they are following they're doctors.
When I asked my children's schools what their protocol is, they said follow your doctor. So yes, the ones with antibodies are in school
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics