Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Farbrengan

RedVines

Post Sun, Aug 21 2005, 9:01 am
I would like to plan an amazing farbrengan for my DH birthday. I have to make everything because I cant but many things here.

Any ideas? LIke what to serve? It will be on a weekday.

RedVines

Post Mon, Aug 22 2005, 10:43 am
Nobody has any ideas?

Nobody?

adorable

Post Mon, Aug 22 2005, 10:48 am
well, is it going to be around suppertime?
you can try like salads (coleslaw, potato salad...) as well as rool and cold cuts, if you can get such things where you are.
if not try crackers with tuna and egg salad, maybe some dips...

RedVines

Post Mon, Aug 22 2005, 10:51 am
I am not sure what time to make it, since most of the people are husbands/fathers so I guess it should be after supper. No?

Pearl

Post Mon, Aug 22 2005, 10:53 am
yes, after supper, and that's also easier re preparing (dips, cold cuts, potato chips, peanuts, olives)

mazzal tov!

technic

Post Mon, Aug 22 2005, 11:01 am
what is rool?

RedVines

Post Mon, Aug 22 2005, 11:36 am
I am thinking rolls ????

baby's mom

Post Mon, Aug 22 2005, 11:49 am
if you dont want to wash, u can serve cakes, cookies, fruit....

baby's mom

Post Mon, Aug 22 2005, 11:50 am
vodka Wink

gryp

Post Mon, Aug 22 2005, 12:06 pm
it depends what your husband and his friends like to farbreng with. some would love to have franks and blanks, knishes, and sushi, and others like expensive herring, eggsalad, pickles, and rolls. and of course mashke, lots of water, orange juice, and other "chasers."
which type does your husband and friends prefer?

RedVines

Post Mon, Aug 22 2005, 12:13 pm
right , I forgot about the mashka....

I am thinking they will like the whole herring, etc. typical farbrengan food....I just want it to look greaat!

RedVines

Post Sun, Sep 04 2005, 11:32 am
sorry to keep bugging about this, but I am making the party tues night and I have some questions...I like the franks and blanks idea...how? Do I have to have small hotdogs? I just cant get too much here but my MIL is in LA and she could pick up stuff for me. Sushi is out althoiugh I love it.

So, if its franks and blanks...what else should I serve? Corn salad, vege salad, varity of chips, pickles, of course cakes and cookies... any other ideas...

Thank you, soooooo appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

technic

Post Sun, Sep 04 2005, 11:51 am
pepto-bismol? LOL

lucky

Post Sun, Sep 04 2005, 12:05 pm
technic wrote:
pepto-bismol? LOL

Technic, Great foresight. LOL LOL LOL

myomi

Post Sun, Sep 04 2005, 1:32 pm
franks in blankets..super easy!
1-buy puff dough,it should come in 2 sqaures.roll out each square into a rectangle,
2-use regular sized dogs
3-lay dof on dough and roll over once..roll dog in dough..once rolled,cut away from dough and slice the hot dog which is wrapped...continue doing this till all the dough and dogs are used...
4-BRUSH WITH EGG AND MAKE SURE DOUGH IS SEALED ALL AROUND OR THEY WILL OPEN!..sprinkle with sesame seeds.
put in 350 degree oven for 20 mins.
enjoy!

chochma73

Post Sun, Sep 04 2005, 2:18 pm
have the basic tuna and egg salad for those that are milchig or just don't want to be meaty. Have candies, easy to eat nosh that you can pick up by hand and not make a big mess with. Keep in mind this will be after supper and most men will have eaten at home.

queenie

Post Sun, Sep 04 2005, 5:56 pm
I have to say I have switched from nosh you can pick up with your hand to nosh that is individual. What does that mean? I used to put out pretzels, they are easy and cheap. Unfortunately I was a bit disgusted with everbody putting their hands into the same bowl and those hands are not always so clean. Then, what do you do with the leftover pretzels? put them back in the bag? ugh, gross. So now it's sliced fruit, peanuts in the shell, sunflower seeds in the shell, cookies, cake even chocolates where you take just one at a time. Sliced veggies and tzatziki or humous and I love bourekas too. It's good to have a variety of salty and sweet foods, healthy like veggies and desserts. Have a variety of hot and cold drinks too.

RedVines

Post Sun, Sep 04 2005, 10:12 pm
Thanks myomi for the recipie!!!

Thanks chochma73 and queenie for great advice....I really appreciate it!!!!!!!!!!!

RedVines

Post Tue, Sep 06 2005, 11:29 pm
The farbrengan is going strong as I type, I wanted to give my final menu. Thanks to all who posted maybe this will be useful to another wife making a farbrengan!

Chips, popcorn (we cant get pas yisroel crackers)
corn salad, tomato onion salad, tuna salad, potato salad, salsa & guacomole
brownies, cookies, bday cake
soda, water, mashka!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics