Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Upper lip hair/10 year old

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 9:17 pm
My 10 year old DD has very dark hair and the hairs on her upper lip are quite visible. She hasn't said anything to me about it. I'm wondering what if I should bring it up with her and ask her if we should remove it? If so, how should we remove it? I don't want to shave it off if it will cause the hairs to grow back more corse. It's like a peach fuzz now.
TIA

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 2:16 am
Please don't bring it up to her. My mother brought it up to me when I was a little older than that, and it made me very self-conscious. I didn't personally care about my upper lip/eyebrows, but it gave me a complex at the time.
If she brings it up, I bleached mine. Waxing my upper lip hurt a ton but works well short term. Laser hair removal is a great option for long term.

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 2:16 am

amother
Foxglove

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 2:42 am
Can you explain how you bleach it? I've never done it and my daughter is asking to bleach hers...

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 2:50 am
amother [ Foxglove ] wrote:
Can you explain how you bleach it? I've never done it and my daughter is asking to bleach hers...

I used Jolene creme bleach. You can look it up. I mixed a certain amount of the powder with water and applied for 10 minutes. I checked if it was all bleached, then washed my face. I did this for upper lip and between my eyebrows.

Teomima

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 3:17 am
Don't say anything.

singleagain

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 6:37 am
Don't say anything

This is the kind of thing you wait for them to bring it up

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 9:05 am
Thanks all, she's my oldest girl, this is new to me.
I thought I shouldn't say anything, but my MIL keeps on telling me that I should take care of it. It's literally a peach fuzz that every child has but because she has black hair, it's visible. I don't want kids in her class to start making fun of her. But she's only in 4th grade, I don't want to bring it up and then she'll be pressured about it.

bmom1

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 9:51 am
Does the Jolene cream burn at all?

singleagain

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 9:55 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks all, she's my oldest girl, this is new to me.
I thought I shouldn't say anything, but my MIL keeps on telling me that I should take care of it. It's literally a peach fuzz that every child has but because she has black hair, it's visible. I don't want kids in her class to start making fun of her. But she's only in 4th grade, I don't want to bring it up and then she'll be pressured about it.

Tell your mil that she means we'll. But she should please stay out of it. Your dd will tell you when she's ready.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children