Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections
Making Photo books

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 1:48 pm
Want to see if there is a need for this or it’s a waste to even start.
I have been making photo books for relatives,friends and some organizations for a number of years now. Its something I really enjoy but I’m using the typical sites like Shutterfly…. I have mostly done it for those that have no time to do it on their own.
I have loads of extra time now and I’m wondering if this is a service I can offer and charge a minimal fee. What’s your opinion?

YYYY

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 1:54 pm
IMO, if you charge a minimum fee you'll be successful.

First timers usually spend a lot of time figuring things out, and a lot will be ready to pay a little more to save the headache.

Also, investment is probably almost nothing (advertising maybe?) so I'd guess you don't have a lot to lose.

amother
Hibiscus

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 3:16 pm
Very interesting. But how much work would the people have to do to get the pictures to you? To choose which ones you would use etc? How would you access their pictures?

amother
Snow

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 3:19 pm
amother [ Hibiscus ] wrote:
Very interesting. But how much work would the people have to do to get the pictures to you? To choose which ones you would use etc? How would you access their pictures?

You can share files/photos with One Drive or Google Photos...

happy chick

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 4:53 pm
Shutterfly has such a service but when I tried it I wasn't happy and didn't end up using it. It's free to have them set it up, and youre under no obligation to use it.
I imagine if you were charging ppl for the service , they would likely drive you nuts.

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 4:58 pm
I've considered doing this as well. But I don't see how it would make enough money to be worthwhile. If I spend even only 2 hours on a book - would people pay $100+? And I don't know how quick you are but it usually takes me much longer than that.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 4:58 pm
So in the past I have had ppl give me usbs with pictures, or I had those that uploaded it directly onto the site I used. As far as the selecting pictures there were those ppl that gave me everything divided in files and others that had me select the pictures based on the theme of the book (yearly book, trips, engagement, tzedaka party...)
Once the book is completed the person would get access to it so they can see if they want anything edited.

amother
Mayflower

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 5:42 pm
I agree with amother copper.
People paying for a shutterfly book usually don't want to shell out $$$. How much can you charge that it will be worthwhile to do it and will still attract customers?

YYYY

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 10:00 pm
happy chick wrote:
Shutterfly has such a service but when I tried it I wasn't happy and didn't end up using it. It's free to have them set it up, and youre under no obligation to use it.
I imagine if you were charging ppl for the service , they would likely drive you nuts.

Actually agree with you. Once you charge people, no matter how little, they feel like they own you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics