Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Reasonably priced Jewish maternity store NY

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 7:28 pm
Does such a thing exist? $30-50 per weekday top? Skirts for under $75? Somewhere in Flatbush or boro park?

(I know shein, target, asos...all have, and I've bought some stuff. But I need some stuff that's the typical frum fit and style, and I'm trying not to break the bank.)

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 5:50 am
Bump?

m987

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 6:05 am
I don’t really have any ideas but just went to a lot of the Boro park and Flatbush stores lately and everything was pretty expensive. Some had sale racks but didn’t really see anything I liked.

HonesttoGod

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 6:13 am
Don’t think it exists unfortunately.

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 6:20 am
No, it doesn't exist... I'm my last month of my third pregnancy and l always lived in Flatbush. I don't think it's a "flatbush" thing, though, just that maternity clothes are expensive in general.

However, I really do not like to spend money on clothing, so this is what I do:

Skirts- I buy in Jewish maternity stores because I can't find them online. For my first two pregnancies, I wore 2 skirts the entire pregnancy. One is a dark denim pencil skirt for weekday, and one was a black pencil skirt that I use for both Shabbos and weekday.

This pregnancy, I bought myself a third skirt, a maxi skirt, because I was pregnant over the summer and wanted something long and cool and comfortable.

I do not buy tops n the Jewish maternity stores (although I do have one Shabbos top from my first pregnancy from a Jewish maternity store). This is what I do:

1. I wear long, loose non-maternity stops from stores like Fallon's and Junees. You would be surprised how much non-maternity clothes can fit even when you are pregnant. It's worth a try.

2. I buy really cheap tops online, but had to supplement with a few maternity shells.

Bottom line is, I use a bare minimum wardrobe during pregnancy. It's only a few months and not worth spending a lot. I will admit that it is annoying to have to do laundry more often but oh well. I just look forward to getting my body back after birth and buying some new clothes then Smile

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 6:54 am
Try generations and also look for last year's stuff.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 6:55 am
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
No, it doesn't exist... I'm my last month of my third pregnancy and l always lived in Flatbush. I don't think it's a "flatbush" thing, though, just that maternity clothes are expensive in general.

However, I really do not like to spend money on clothing, so this is what I do:

Skirts- I buy in Jewish maternity stores because I can't find them online. For my first two pregnancies, I wore 2 skirts the entire pregnancy. One is a dark denim pencil skirt for weekday, and one was a black pencil skirt that I use for both Shabbos and weekday.

This pregnancy, I bought myself a third skirt, a maxi skirt, because I was pregnant over the summer and wanted something long and cool and comfortable.

I do not buy tops n the Jewish maternity stores (although I do have one Shabbos top from my first pregnancy from a Jewish maternity store). This is what I do:

1. I wear long, loose non-maternity stops from stores like Fallon's and Junees. You would be surprised how much non-maternity clothes can fit even when you are pregnant. It's worth a try.

2. I buy really cheap tops online, but had to supplement with a few maternity shells.

Bottom line is, I use a bare minimum wardrobe during pregnancy. It's only a few months and not worth spending a lot. I will admit that it is annoying to have to do laundry more often but oh well. I just look forward to getting my body back after birth and buying some new clothes then Smile

Thanks!!

I like your ideas...I already do some of the same. I have two good straight skirts (which I bought for $75 and have last two previous pregnancies and this one) to wear then switch up the tops. This (7th baby BeH) time I got a pleated one too. I don't get huge so my regular shells and slinky black skirts work fine, and so does some of my regular wardrobe.

But...I really want some nice tops, in my own style, which I can't find at target, Shein, etc. And fallons and junees are great, I shop both places often...but they're not inexpensive--at all. Once I'm spending I was hoping to find stuff that would work better and be more exciting lol. Oh well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics