Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Selling on Amazon

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 6:38 am
I would like to start selling on Amazon. I have watched multiple YouTube videos and am currently ungated in many categories. Any sellers have any tips on how to get started?

theoneandonly

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 7:10 am
I'm trying to start as well. How are you ungated in so many categories? I feel like I'm gated in nearly everything...

amother
Snowdrop

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 7:16 am
This Post Was Deleted...

theoneandonly

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 7:33 am
amother [ Snowdrop ] wrote:
Best Thing to ever do! Welcome!

First thing I suggest, when they decline you in ungating don't give up or look for a different way! I've been ungated in everything, I can sell hazardous items and all because I just kept sending in the same documents until approved.
Each person is different and they will either make it hard for you or not.

I think replenishables is the best, wholesale and retail arbitrage.
Keepa is a must!
Join the FB group "MySilentTeam Amazon FBA and Online Sellers" they have the best information.
They also have a course, PAC (It's $30) it's good to do even if you watched videos or podcasts as he does give you information to wholesalers and distributors.

Anything else I can help with, would love to!

[email removed. do not contact]

Do you recommend trying to get ungated right away or waiting till after I have a few sales then applying?

amother
Snowdrop

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 1:42 pm
theoneandonly wrote:
Do you recommend trying to get ungated right away or waiting till after I have a few sales then applying?

I felt like everything I wanted to sell that was profitable I would anyways have to get ungated.

What I did, was I bought like 15 boxes of Splenda from the Dollar store so I can use that to get ungated in food and grocery. Buy online and you get an invoice, and sent that in. They declined me like 5 times and then whoever did it on the 6th approved me and done. Same with beauty bought a few things on sale from ultra and did the same thing.

Medicine and Health products were harder, and by then I already was working with distributors so my invoices were actually professional invoices rather then me making my own invoices and sending that in. For that category they say you need FDA approval and etc. I just copy and pasted all the info on the FDA website and took a couple of months and fights but I got it.

Hazardous materials they tell you no and they'll put you on a waiting list. What I did was not listen and send in my hazardous forum which you need to fill out for each hazardous item you list. (Even deodorant body spray is listed in the hazardous material) and set the listing up already. Next day they emailed me they accepted my forum and I can list. (which wasn't true cause I wasn't actually accepted) but I sent that over to open a case with them to be accepted and they did.

It's just who looks at your documents you have ones that just decline everything and ones that don't even look and accept you.

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 4:16 pm
Is keepa necessary if I have Helium10?

amother
Mintgreen

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 5:54 pm
Your information is so helpful, thanks

I have many yrs of Amazon experience - but not my own selling account. I always wanted one but
I wish I'd know what to sell

So hard to find ideas

amother
Snowdrop

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 10:37 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
Is keepa necessary if I have Helium10?

Yes! Yes, I gone through a whole year without Helium10 and only got it as to see if my data would change.

Helium10 works with keywords and sales trackers, Keepa works with graphs and monitoring sellers. So I see with many of my products that Helium 10 would say a certain amount of sales (but I know from Keepa that it was inaccurate and just calculating stock or ranks) Keepa also tracks drops in BSR and connects it to inventory from each seller, so you get much more accurate as to who is making the sales and how many sales is who making.

But then again if your doing your own products and listings or drop shipping then Helium10 is great, much more accurate in keywords and ranks than jungle scout.

amother
Snowdrop

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 10:51 pm
amother [ Mintgreen ] wrote:
Your information is so helpful, thanks

I have many yrs of Amazon experience - but not my own selling account. I always wanted one but
I wish I'd know what to sell

So hard to find ideas

Do what you enjoy and start from there! I literally started by I was drinking my coffee and I was like well I can't sell my coffee grinds cause it comes from Israel, can't sell milk, what about Splenda! lol I called Splenda who transferred me to a wholesaler who transferred me to a distributor who gave me a list of all the distributors in my State that would sell me Splenda and one by one emailed or called each one and set up accounts.

Also https://www.wholesalecentral.com/ Pick any category you enjoy, but I think the best and most best priced ones are under the General Merchandise Category

Empire Distribution is another one that they started this cool idea where they send you emails or texts when the have a deal, I just stated with them so I can't say if I love it or not but it's easier as they don't have hundreds of items to sort through. You have to buy in bulk so be prepared to have somewhere to keep it as you don't want to be sending in hundreds of units at once.

amother
Viola

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 8:44 am
I would love to know more about where you shop. Do you only do wholesale?

Chew21

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 8:02 am
Do you have luck selling mixed lots? What's the minimum purchase you generally make for wholesale? Should I just look to source in my own state? Thank you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics