Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts
Please help find this slow "V'yaida kol pa'ul" song!!
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 6:23 pm
amother [ Thistle ] wrote:
Did you get approved by Dartmouth? Did you hear the song????

No Sad
They denied my request. I would love to hear it.

amother
Thistle

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 6:26 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
No Sad
They denied my request. I would love to hear it.

Weird..
They approved mine. I would send it to you if I could but I'm not sure how.
Maybe try from your husband's Google account.

EtA. On what basis did they deny the request? Did they say?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 6:29 pm
Weird..
They approved mine. I would send it to you if I could but I'm not sure how.
Maybe try from your husband's Google account.

EtA. On what basis did they deny the request? Did they say?

They didn't say. I just tried from my work email, we'll see if that works. Did you write a justification?
You got approved today?

amother
Thistle

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 6:39 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
They didn't say. I just tried from my work email, we'll see if that works. Did you write a justification?
You got approved today?

I applied at 2:25 (around) and got approved at 2:55. For justification, I wrote just one word: song.

EtA. Based on my posts above, I applied shortly after 2. Maybe 2:10. I received the approval at 2:22.

This is the email I received:

Your registration to the Dartmouth Jewish Sound Archive has been approved!

You can now log in at http://djsa.dartmouth.edu/login using your Google login.

The use of our archive is for scholarly research. You may not copy any material and distribute it in any fashion. If you own the rights to some of the material and would like those tracks to be removed from the archive, please contact us. If you have any audio material that you would like to contribute to the archive, please contact us. If you would like to make use of some of the material in the archive for publications, you will be responsible for securing the rights to do so and we ask that you reference our archive in such cases.

We hope you enjoy the Dartmouth Jewish Sound Archive.

Alex Hartov and Lewis Glinert
https://djsa.dartmouth.edu/

amother
Thistle

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 7:13 pm
OP, I want to thank you for bringing this up. I haven't thought of this song in years. When I heard the intro to the song, it brought me back almost 30 years to that band scene choir. I'm singing all the harmonies... Such memories!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 9:59 pm
OP, I want to thank you for bringing this up. I haven't thought of this song in years. When I heard the intro to the song, it brought me back almost 30 years to that band scene choir. I'm singing all the harmonies... Such memories!

Smile
It's been a favorite of mine since I heard it, such a beautiful and inspiring song.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 10:10 am
I got approved and was able to hear the song!! Omg, that's the one!!! Thank you everyone for all the tips and leads!

Did Rochel Miller compose her own songs? Any leads on where she lives or how to contact her?

amother
Thistle

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 10:13 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I got approved and was able to hear the song!! Omg, that's the one!!! Thank you everyone for all the tips and leads!

Did Rochel Miller compose her own songs? Any leads on where she lives or how to contact her?

So happy for you!!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 6:15 pm
Does anyone have Rochel Miller's contact info or know where she lives?

amother
Whitewash

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 10:21 pm
bigsis144 wrote:
OH MY GOSH nostalgia!!!!
I know exactly which tape you’re taking about!!!

I can’t remember which Halleli it was either, but it would have been an odd-numbered year.

- 2005 Shalsheles
- 2003 Tehillim
- 2001 Shabbos (infamous Feivel Yankelovitch play “The Song of Shabbos”; also a shmittah year so there was a farmer tap dance)
- 1999 Barchi Nafshi (drama was about a girl who went blind, “k’shem sh’mevarchim al hatov”)
- 1997 Eishes Chayil (drama based on And Rochel Was His Wife, with the “which… wayyy… SHALL I wander, as I ponder my ULTIMATE goal” narration song between the different Nashua Tzikanios sections)
- 1995 Megillos (probably the first I attended in person, I would have been about 7… opening dance had a huge cylindrical Megillah case and dancers wrapping ribbons around it like a maypole. Short skits for various megillos, Eicha was about the apocryphal 93 Bais Yaakov girls in the Holocaust, Megillas Esther was comedy, etc.)
- 1993 Kol Atzmosai?? (only experienced this one as a recording)

Sorry for the digression I just had to wax reminiscent

It must have been 1995. Now I'm remembering some other songs from the Halleli, one of them being "Biti Al Teilchi Lilkot Basadeh Acher" (from Megillas Rus.)

I'd love to hear it again!
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts