Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Cannot lose baby weight. Is it birth control?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 9:14 am
I’m one of the lucky people who gain weight while nursing. I stopped nursing a few weeks ago and cannot seem to lose an ounce! I’m seeing a nutritionist weekly, eating very well, exercising four times a week, and drinking over ten cups of water a day. I did switch from the mini pill to the combo pill. Is it really the birth control thats preventing weight loss? What can I do about this? Thanks!

Oldest

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 10:08 am
It is very possible that is the cause. Talk to your doctor and see if there is possibly another bc option for you

DreamerForever

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 11:41 am
Yes probably. I struggle with this too on the mini pill, so frustrating. I know many people who usually lose well when they diet, but the day they start BC they hit a brick wall. Following for advice...

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 11:47 am
It’s just so frustrating because the pill works well for me but this time around I cannot lose any weight

amother
Cherry

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 1:22 pm
I also couldn't loose weight on the combo pill. I gained a steady 10lb a year while watching. It took me a few years to figure out that this was the cause. With the mini pill and nursing I was able to get the scale down.

DreamerForever

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 1:23 pm
I know, its so upsetting. I wonder if the combo makes it harder than the mini, because it has the oestrogen. I am losing a little on the mini, but veeery slowly and I have a lot to lose.

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 1:24 pm
Nursing can also make it harder.

DreamerForever

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 1:37 pm
Hormones are monsters. Whatever stage you're at, there's always a catch. Those monsters and I are in a perpetual war; for all the physical and emotional struggles they cause me. …and I'm in my 30's. heaven knows what fun they have in store for me down the road At wits end

amother
Maple

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 1:58 pm
Yeah it's definitely a possibility. I ended up switching to the copper iud for this reason
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise