Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Newborns, young babies and voluntarily working

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 1:23 pm
I understand it's a personal choice, just don't understand it- if definitely needed that's one thing but if you can swing it why lose out on that time together?

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 1:30 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I understand it's a personal choice, just don't understand it- if definitely needed that's one thing but if you can swing it why lose out on that time together?

I bh have not had to work for financial reasons but with one of my babies I found my mental health beginning to suffer. There were a few factors at play but the main one is I have a very hard time with the newborn stage. I prefer them much more once they can interact and I actually keep my children home with me quite late for my circles.

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 1:33 pm
Not every mom can mentally handle being with babies/kids all day long round the clock. Many women need adult company and more stimulation.

BrisketBoss

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 1:35 pm
amother [ Honeysuckle ] wrote:
Not every mom can mentally handle being with babies/kids all day long round the clock. Many women need adult company and more stimulation.

Yeah it's pretty much this. There are other societies where the mother has plenty of women helping her from the beginning so it's really different. When a mom feels that her whole life is revolving around her baby, that's not healthy.

(I stay home with my babies. I do other stuff too. I do lots of independent floor time from the start.)

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 1:39 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Why is it your business what other women choose to do? Why do you have this deep-seated need to feel superior to them? And to count their cash?

If you can afford not to work, and choose not to work, good for you.

If you can afford not to work, but choose to work anyway, good for you.

If you see someone else doing something, mind your own business.

amother
Maize

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 1:56 pm
I do have to work, but if I were choosing to stay home, it would NOT be the newborn phase. Ugh I can’t stand that phase. I usually (BH BH) can stay our for 4-7 months but I wish I could take it later, like at 9 months or 12 months.

Eta that I know it’s not about me. It’s about the baby. Of course babies need their mothers especially at the youngest age. Which is why I do stay home for several months . But it’s not the time that I personally enjoy.

amother
Arcticblue

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 2:04 pm
I get bored out of my mind when I'm home with my kids and end up too burnt out and unable to give them my full attention all day. I'd rather work and give them good time when I'm home

SuperWify

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 3:41 pm
What don’t you understand? Not everyone enjoys being home with a baby.

imaima

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 3:46 pm
I would say from the age of 9 months I can see why people want to go out to work.

But 6-12 weeks is just initial recovery time after the birth. Let alone meeting the needs of a newborn baby.

out-of-towner

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 4:11 pm
I work for a few reasons. The biggest is mental sanity. I've had times when I was a SAHM and I went crazy. I need the outside stimulation. Also in my professional field (which I have student loans for) having large gaps on my resume doesn't look good. Also the more experience I build now the more I will be worth in the future when I really need the money.

(Unfortunately I am not able to work at this time due to the needs of one of my children. So I'm not.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics