Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
ISO typical looking pants for cheder that are stretchy

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 1:07 pm
I'm really hoping someone can help!

My teen DS has severe physical disabilities which make dressing him a challenge. He also has various therapy sessions throughout the day out of his wheelchair for which he really needs to be wearing pants with a stretchy material. Even without therapy it's much easier to dress him in stretchy pants and he finds them much more comfortable.

Until now sweatpants have been great in the cool weather but ds has started to complain. He wants to dress like everyone else! He's a great kid who is different in so many obvious ways, which he accepts, but this difference now upsets him, and it's something that CAN be changed!

Does anyone know of pants that are made of stretchy material and are cut or tailored somewhat like the dress pants his classmates wear?

DS is tiny for his age, about a boys size 8, and very skinny, so he needs an elastic waist that I can make tight enough to stay up. Legs need to accomodate his braces to the knee. (Did I mention that sweatpants work perfectly?)

Finances are very very difficult now so it needs to be relatively inexpensive, especially since he needs many pairs as he often vomits or spills and needs frequent changes.

Thank you!

amother
Trillium

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 1:14 pm
If he’s wearing such a small size I would recommend totini pants. If he’s usually a size 8 then get a size 10.
Check the his place website or shirtstop website. They sell stretch dress pants that the bar mitzvah boys and older like to wear. Not cheap but very nice and with adjustable waist.

* editing to add- adidas makes a stretch slim fit pants called Tiros. If you buy the black ones with no stripes they actually can look like regular pants. But only the black with black.

ddmom

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 3:43 pm
Pm me

amother
Pear

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 3:47 pm
I find at H&M, my kids are tiny

naomi2

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 5:52 pm
The children s place has chinos with a wide (regular) leg and the waist has a button but it's just for show, it's an elastic pull-on waistband

Fabulous

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 5:55 pm
https://www.target.com/p/girls.....91433

You can try these. I got something similar in toddler and I just ordered these. Will let you know if it’s the same. It was just like the h and m ones but stretchier - better for my younger son

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 8:48 pm
Thank you so much to all who took the time to post.

yidisheh mama

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 10:23 pm
Tottini pants have some stretch, but still nowhere near sweatpants. They're under $20, so it may be worth it to buy one to try.

amother
Trillium

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 10:32 pm
yidisheh mama wrote:
Tottini pants have some stretch, but still nowhere near sweatpants. They're under $20, so it may be worth it to buy one to try.

I thought it was a good in between. Between sweatpants and dress pants, since her son is asking to wear regular pants…

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 12:09 am
Black and black tiros all the way!
Kids love to sneak these into school as regular pants. And tiros are considered so cool

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 12:49 am
I was just on children’s places and I saw what Naomi2 is talking about.
Looks like regular chinos.
Don’t know if it will accommodate the braces.

rowo

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 12:59 am
Three bows have great soft and stretchy pants
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics