Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Want to bring in more income
Previous  1  2

amother
NeonPurple

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 4:46 pm
Following. Would also love to hear more

amother
Dustypink

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 4:55 pm
Isn't it hard to get approved by Amazon to sell branded products?
I used to sell branded products and slowly got kicked off one by one.
Either Amazon wanted to have the Monopoly, or for some other reason I couldn't get approval to sell certain brands. I had a 100 percent seller rating so I know it wasn't anything about me or my account.

Do you find that you get stuck with products and that it eats up part of your profits?

amother
Honey

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 5:04 pm
amother [ Midnight ] wrote:
I understand, I actually have my own business (not in the US) so I have a very clear picture of what you mean. I did look into a company thats an agent that would take our products and list them on Amazon and that might be more profitable but I'm undecided.

Some questions
1. I'm assuming there are other people selling the same products as you are - how do you compete?

2. Does Amazon buy anything you want to sell them?

3. What's to stop Amazon from buying directly from the wholesalers or distributors?

Thank you!!

No, don't recommend that. The fees are crazy and for what?
You can use prep centers! (I started using them and even though you have to add their fees into it it's still profitable)
Prep centers you'd still have to do the work of sourcing but from there they do all the prep and packaging and shipping to Amazon. Even the best prep centers charge only $1-$2.50 per item so you'd take a hit but it's profitable and then doable if your out of the country (Some even let you use them as a storage/warehouse for extra fees if you want to buy in big bulk but not ship everything out to Amazon)

To answer question 1. Of course, me personally I don't do listings that have more than 20 sellers (fba sellers not merchants) unless it's in the top 1000 in Best Seller Rate and it sells thousands a day. (Basically I want to make sure I can get a sale in their a day no matter what) As well I don't compete with Amazon so if Amazon is on the listing I don't do it.
There's also I try to stay the lowest pricing so I get the buy box mostly and Amazon is huge so your bound to make sales, just depends on how much. If Amazon sees you don't hitch prices like crazy and you can restock the item and have it available, they'll give you sales.

I didn't understand Question 2., sorry! Amazon buy from me? Or do you mean does Amazon let me send them anything?

To Answer Question 3. It's basically you have to believe. Obviously they do. Many companies I know Amazon will always have all the listings and they work together. Many companies that I personally worked with that were big don't work with me this year because they've signed a contract with Amazon that they cannot accept amazon sellers. But again, Amazon is a billion dollar industry and that's why they are. You basically are making the money for them while "Amazon" sits back and gets his net worth. What do they have to lose having millions of sellers working for them, stocking the amazon site and you'll see when you start that some Amazon fees are crazy how much they take so they don't lose out at all.

amother
Honey

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 5:24 pm
amother [ Dustypink ] wrote:
Isn't it hard to get approved by Amazon to sell branded products?
I used to sell branded products and slowly got kicked off one by one.
Either Amazon wanted to have the Monopoly, or for some other reason I couldn't get approval to sell certain brands. I had a 100 percent seller rating so I know it wasn't anything about me or my account.

Do you find that you get stuck with products and that it eats up part of your profits?

Hard to get approved as in it takes time. I just kept sending the same documents over and over again until they accepted me. It depends who's looking at your case. But no, I've was ungated in every category within a month.

Amazon would never kick you off once accepted, (unless something happened with the product). Like for example today I woke up and all my listings with the company Bayer Tinactin the spray cans were removed because FDA recalled them. So there's that lol. But you'll have many companies (and sellers) who well send you private messages or emails (which is illegal and you can ban them) telling you you have no right to sell and that they will take legal actions or get your account banned. You have to do your work and make sure it's not to scare you before listening.

If Amazon is on the listing I don't sell, you won't win unless they run out of stock and then they'll get right back on when there in stock so no point.

I don't get stuck with products as I always make sure it's profitable before I list it. For example a few rules I always do before seeing if it's good.
Best Seller Rate is under #100,000
Has a Buy Box
Has Reviews
Has FBA Sellers on them (not so important if your okay sending in 10 or 15 units to test)
I would make more than 30 sales a month
Have to make a profit after all fees of more than $3 per item or $6 if I'm sending it to a prep center or 20% ROI (return on interest) or 12% net per item

amother
Midnight

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 5:43 pm
amother [ Honey ] wrote:
No, don't recommend that. The fees are crazy and for what?
You can use prep centers! (I started using them and even though you have to add their fees into it it's still profitable)
Prep centers you'd still have to do the work of sourcing but from there they do all the prep and packaging and shipping to Amazon. Even the best prep centers charge only $1-$2.50 per item so you'd take a hit but it's profitable and then doable if your out of the country (Some even let you use them as a storage/warehouse for extra fees if you want to buy in big bulk but not ship everything out to Amazon)

To answer question 1. Of course, me personally I don't do listings that have more than 20 sellers (fba sellers not merchants) unless it's in the top 1000 in Best Seller Rate and it sells thousands a day. (Basically I want to make sure I can get a sale in their a day no matter what) As well I don't compete with Amazon so if Amazon is on the listing I don't do it.
There's also I try to stay the lowest pricing so I get the buy box mostly and Amazon is huge so your bound to make sales, just depends on how much. If Amazon sees you don't hitch prices like crazy and you can restock the item and have it available, they'll give you sales.

I didn't understand Question 2., sorry! Amazon buy from me? Or do you mean does Amazon let me send them anything?

To Answer Question 3. It's basically you have to believe. Obviously they do. Many companies I know Amazon will always have all the listings and they work together. Many companies that I personally worked with that were big don't work with me this year because they've signed a contract with Amazon that they cannot accept amazon sellers. But again, Amazon is a billion dollar industry and that's why they are. You basically are making the money for them while "Amazon" sits back and gets his net worth. What do they have to lose having millions of sellers working for them, stocking the amazon site and you'll see when you start that some Amazon fees are crazy how much they take so they don't lose out at all.

Thank you so much
The reason I would consider doing it is because my products are unique so I would be the only one selling it and my profit margin would be much higher.

As for 2 yes does Amazon let you send them anything? What is the approval process?

amother
Dustypink

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 5:45 pm
amother [ Honey ] wrote:
Hard to get approved as in it takes time. I just kept sending the same documents over and over again until they accepted me. It depends who's looking at your case. But no, I've was ungated in every category within a month.

Amazon would never kick you off once accepted, (unless something happened with the product). Like for example today I woke up and all my listings with the company Bayer Tinactin the spray cans were removed because FDA recalled them. So there's that lol. But you'll have many companies (and sellers) who well send you private messages or emails (which is illegal and you can ban them) telling you you have no right to sell and that they will take legal actions or get your account banned. You have to do your work and make sure it's not to scare you before listening.

If Amazon is on the listing I don't sell, you won't win unless they run out of stock and then they'll get right back on when there in stock so no point.

I don't get stuck with products as I always make sure it's profitable before I list it. For example a few rules I always do before seeing if it's good.
Best Seller Rate is under #100,000
Has a Buy Box
Has Reviews
Has FBA Sellers on them (not so important if your okay sending in 10 or 15 units to test)
I would make more than 30 sales a month
Have to make a profit after all fees of more than $3 per item or $6 if I'm sending it to a prep center or 20% ROI (return on interest) or 12% net per item

Thanks so much for writing this all. You should be gebentcht.
Yes, the bolded is basically what happened. Also, some listings that I had, Amazon decided that they want to be the only one selling them (branded fashion goods) and kicked off most sellers.
Your info was very helpful and is giving me the inspiration to maybe try again.

amother
Honey

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 6:11 pm
amother [ Midnight ] wrote:
Thank you so much
The reason I would consider doing it is because my products are unique so I would be the only one selling it and my profit margin would be much higher.

As for 2 yes does Amazon let you send them anything? What is the approval process?

Oh you mean you'd like to sell your own products?

I'm not the most knowledgeable in this it depends on if you have your own company and now want to add your products on Amazon (that's the easiest way to go) or you want to dropship and buy from china and add your brand name on general items (like for example buy a potato peeler and just brand your name on that product)

If it's the first one I know first you'd have to be an actual business, so you'd need an LLC (or sometimes only EIN) and Sales Tax Resellers License. You'd then before you make your own listing buy UPC code for each one of your items (the barcode) so Amazon can register you a ASIN #for each one of your items. Then I would suggest since like I said you'd have to advertise your own to get sales making coupons or deals as that does bring in more sales (and amazon automatically adds you to the first page no matter how low in sales you are) and Join the Amazon Advertising thing they have going on, it increases your sales by 8% but they take fees.

Again I don't know much but there's a women on youtube and she has a website (search "Cupcake Trainings")
I know she did her own company/listings and explains how to do it a lot (go back a year as she also stopped doing it) but she did give great tips that anyone can use and she's truthful.

Yes, you can sell anything as long as they approve it. Obviously no alcohol or knock-offs but mostly everything.

amother
Honey

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 6:28 pm
amother [ Dustypink ] wrote:
Thanks so much for writing this all. You should be gebentcht.
Yes, the bolded is basically what happened. Also, some listings that I had, Amazon decided that they want to be the only one selling them (branded fashion goods) and kicked off most sellers.
Your info was very helpful and is giving me the inspiration to maybe try again.

Yes, I get it a lot. Your another seller on the listing so there sales are bound to go down and there upset.
Best thing to do is email Amazon your representative, you get one when you sign up and she/he is there to help you with anything. I email her the letter, email, anything they sent and she can confirm if its true or not. Majority of the time it isn't and then they get banned from their account as that is a rule in amazon you can not remove sellers with false information, let alone email sellers. Or to double check she'll find the company source and call them to confirm.

It can be fun as well! So amazing to see other Jewish sellers on Amazon, there's so many! (Actually a belz shul in brooklyn sells on Amazon as well or someone is using there address lol) Also when I prep items myself sometimes I get my kids involved and they love it! (Putting stickers on or adding them to boxes, wrapping or prepping). The older they get if they are interested the more they can do. Plus I hope it shows them that when they grow up if they want to be a stay at home mom or if my boys want to go to kollel all day there's always something they can lean on without having to worry where the income will come from.

fish

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 7:10 pm
watergirl wrote:
Why cant you also teach in the mornings?

It's very difficult to teach a whole day. Standing on your feet all day is hard. Preparing for another class would add extra hours at night. Either way it hardly pays

amother
Daffodil

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 7:15 pm
How many hours per day or per week did it take when you were starting? I work full time and have three little ones, and wouldn’t quit my job until I had enough supplemental income…

amother
Honey

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 1:29 am
amother [ Daffodil ] wrote:
How many hours per day or per week did it take when you were starting? I work full time and have three little ones, and wouldn’t quit my job until I had enough supplemental income…

Is this question for me?

It's up to you, however much you want. You are your own company and you decide your hours.
I try to get a few hours in the morning when I'm not bothered by anyone and everyone is out of the house, and then I do most of my work after my kids are asleep until I go to bed.

When I started I did it whenever I could cause I needed to build up to something but now I realized and it's very true! It's not about how many hours you put in. I could work all night and not find anything to sell and then the next day while I'm drinking my coffee I find 4 items that are my bestsellers. It's up to what you find, obviously if your working all day you're bond to find and go through more items but thankfully this isn't the job that if you stress yourself out and work 40 hours a week you'll get a better salary.

amother
Mocha

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 12:12 pm
amother [ Honey ] wrote:
Is this question for me?

It's up to you, however much you want. You are your own company and you decide your hours.
I try to get a few hours in the morning when I'm not bothered by anyone and everyone is out of the house, and then I do most of my work after my kids are asleep until I go to bed.

When I started I did it whenever I could cause I needed to build up to something but now I realized and it's very true! It's not about how many hours you put in. I could work all night and not find anything to sell and then the next day while I'm drinking my coffee I find 4 items that are my bestsellers. It's up to what you find, obviously if your working all day you're bond to find and go through more items but thankfully this isn't the job that if you stress yourself out and work 40 hours a week you'll get a better salary.

Appx How many hours would you say you put in on a daily basis?

mha3484

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 12:31 pm
My friend is the school librarian which is only an afternoon job. The business office hired her to work in the mornings and she really enjoys it. I would as if they have any part time needs. It will be much easier for you to stay with the same employer all day then two different jobs.

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 1:15 pm
Amazon amother, can you start a spin off
I have so many questions. I want to do this desperately but I have no idea how.
I don't know how to find a product, how to sell it, how to make a profit.
We need the money very very badly.

amother
Tealblue

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 2:08 pm
Also interested in more Amazon info.

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 2:12 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
Amazon amother, can you start a spin off
I have so many questions. I want to do this desperately but I have no idea how.
I don't know how to find a product, how to sell it, how to make a profit.
We need the money very very badly.

There are Amazon Courses that train people in how to run an Amazon business.

Don't know the names but I have seen this advertised.

Anyone have more infor?

amother
Black

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 2:24 pm
Amother honey, I really appreciate your posts. Im a fairly new seller and still figuring out stuff. How many listings do you work with and do you have a program that manages your inventory and pricing?

amother
Midnight

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 2:52 pm
amother [ Honey ] wrote:
Oh you mean you'd like to sell your own products?

I'm not the most knowledgeable in this it depends on if you have your own company and now want to add your products on Amazon (that's the easiest way to go) or you want to dropship and buy from china and add your brand name on general items (like for example buy a potato peeler and just brand your name on that product)

If it's the first one I know first you'd have to be an actual business, so you'd need an LLC (or sometimes only EIN) and Sales Tax Resellers License. You'd then before you make your own listing buy UPC code for each one of your items (the barcode) so Amazon can register you a ASIN #for each one of your items. Then I would suggest since like I said you'd have to advertise your own to get sales making coupons or deals as that does bring in more sales (and amazon automatically adds you to the first page no matter how low in sales you are) and Join the Amazon Advertising thing they have going on, it increases your sales by 8% but they take fees.

Again I don't know much but there's a women on youtube and she has a website (search "Cupcake Trainings")
I know she did her own company/listings and explains how to do it a lot (go back a year as she also stopped doing it) but she did give great tips that anyone can use and she's truthful.

Yes, you can sell anything as long as they approve it. Obviously no alcohol or knock-offs but mostly everything.

They are my own products and I have a lot of confidence that they will sell but it's not something I can manage on my own but you have really inspired me to at least do some more leg work.
Thank you so much!! Your are so kind for sharing!!!

hellow1234

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 2:25 pm
gollowing
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics