Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Had ear infection and is very unhappy lately

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 8:31 pm
My 7 month old had a terrible cough and was very congested Sunday so I took her to the dr. He said she has an ear infection and prescribed antibiotics. Later in the day (after getting the antibiotics) she developed a fever (102.7) since she wasn’t crying miserably I didn’t give anything to bring her fever down, and my the next day she was perfect. Monday all day she was great. From then on (Monday night till now) she’s been terribly unhappy. She refuses to eat even in middle of her sleep and is only happy in my hand when I stand and hold her. She was always so happy and was able to be on the floor for an hour playing nicely, but the past few days she’s just crying non-stop. What could be bothering her? I gave her Tylenol 2 hours ago because I was losing it with her non-stop crying but it didn’t seem to help at all.

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 8:39 pm
maybe the antibiotics is not strong enough for the ear infection especially if your baby was perscribed amoxil. Maybe take your baby back to dr to get ears rechecked. Also make sure child is drinking- enough that there is wet diapers every 6 hours. Syringe feed if necessary.

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 8:42 pm
Take her back to doc

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 9:06 pm
She’s on cedfinir.
She has wet diapers, so I’m not really worried about dehydration. She eats for 2 seconds every once in a while

NewYorkgal31

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 9:12 pm
I had a Double ear infection about 2 months ago. Let me tell you it’s painful. And once the pain went away it was uncomfortable and I was very cranky for days. The fluid in the ear is unbearable and uncomfortable. It took a good 3 weeks to be back to normal. I also had ton change antibiotics after a few days. I would take her back to the dr and just give her lots of extra love a cuddles.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics