Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Ohr HaChinuch lkwd - time sensitive
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 3:26 pm
Any info on this newer school in lkwd?

I know they’re only gonna b in their second year next year, but what type of parents? Warm school? Etc?

esther36

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 6:39 pm
I actually just met the staff from this yeshiva. If u want info u can pm me.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 6:43 pm
esther36 wrote:
I actually just met the staff from this yeshiva. If u want info u can pm me.

What was your impression?

iheartchallah

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 9:12 pm
Any updates about ohr hachinach? academics? Parent-body?

amother
RosePink

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 10:18 pm
A friend of mine sends there. She is very happy! She is actually bt. Lives a frum life and leads a Torah home.( Not typical Lakewood style….)

rifkhertzka123

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 10:06 pm
Ohr hachinuch is an excellent school! They do an incredible job of finding talented rebbeim and morahs and are starting to get a lot of the families that used to consider YTT. The difference is better education and more attention to each student. They even moved into a nice building this year and the student body is growing very quickly to the point that they will probably have to start seeking a large campus in a few yrs iyh…the parent body is very involved and has helped the school raise tons of funding

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 9:02 pm
What type is the parent body of this school? Litvish/ yeshivish/ chilled/ heimish / chasidish etc?

amother
RosePink

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 9:25 pm
I take back my comment. I’m not informed enough to talk. My friend that sends there is very happy “ it is a more open minded growth oriented professional school” -son is in 1st grade

amother
Moonstone

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 9:27 pm
amother Periwinkle wrote:
What type is the parent body of this school? Litvish/ yeshivish/ chilled/ heimish / chasidish etc?

Huge mix. I don't think any hard-core chassidish, though. They are particular that the parents be tzuniusdik and not rebellious/struggling. Its a great option for someone looking for a very warm, accepting school with an out-of-town flavor and individualized attention.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 9:30 pm
amother RosePink wrote:
Prob most chilled yeshivas in lkwd. Toms River crowd. (Common for dads to wear wedding ring..) school is very growth oriented and the parent body reflects that too

Thank you

amother
Oatmeal

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 9:55 pm
amother Moonstone wrote:
Huge mix. I don't think any hard-core chassidish, though. They are particular that the parents be tzuniusdik and not rebellious/struggling. Its a great option for someone looking for a very warm, accepting school with an out-of-town flavor and individualized attention.

It's a lovely school in so many ways, but the bolded isn't true, in case you are particuler about that. Unless its something new, definitely not for second grade and up, don't know much about the younger grades...

rifkhertzka123

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 9:56 pm
Ohr hachinuch became much harder to get into these days. They’re getting 100 applicants and only taking 25. The new principle Rabbi Katz is incredible and they are very selective about getting rebbeim that fit the warm and friendly environment!

amother
Moonstone

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 9:58 pm
amother Oatmeal wrote:
It's a lovely school in so many ways, but the bolded isn't true, in case you are particuler about that. Unless its something new, definitely not for second grade and up, don't know much about the younger grades...

I've been involved in getting kids into the school for the last 2-3 years and it has been a very explicit and stated priority from the school administration. It could be it is something new, I wouldn't know...

iheartchallah

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 10:10 pm
My son and my DH and I are thrilled in YOH. We consider ourselves growth minded, sincere frum Jews. It's a school for ppl that care about their children's chinuch...not sure where that comment about rings came from. Never seen it.
Finally a proper school that cares more about the kids than anything else with amazing rebbeim and an excellent English department. If your moving from out of town there is finally an option for ppl who want a school that cares more about chinuch than trying to impress.

rifkhertzka123

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 10:12 pm
Yea the ring comment is pretty random and doesn’t make sense…Parents are very good mix of Jackson, Toms River and out of town families. Very normal open-minded school that works in partnership with the parents. So well organized and you would never know it’s a newer school!

amother
Dahlia

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 10:19 pm
I worked there. The parent body is very modern for Lakewood standards. Most mothers have very long wigs, dark nail polish, short tight skirts... U get the look . Many fathers wore jeans... Yes it's a very warm environment but it has to be the right place for you. Rabbi bitton and Mrs Deutsch were amazing and really care about each student as an individual child! More of an out of towny type of school then a Lakewood one.

rifkhertzka123

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 10:24 pm
Most the mothers are very tznius, but you are correct that the yeshiva is not in the business of policing what parents wear at carpool. They are much more focused on the middos of the kids/families of the yeshiva vs what people wear which is very refreshing for Lakewood…now we need them to open a girls school!

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Jun 19 2023, 9:11 pm
I'm looking into sending my son there. He's currently in a very small yeshiva and alot of parents are taking out. Does anyone know about how many kids are per class? My son is going into second grade

rifkhertzka123

Post Tue, Jun 20 2023, 7:46 pm
I know it’s not the answer you want to hear, but it is incredibly hard to get in now. They had massive amount of applicants this year and they had to turn away lots of children. I think they took the max they want to handle for primary at 25 kids.

rifkhertzka123

Post Tue, Jun 20 2023, 7:47 pm
It might be possible that there is a better chance for second grade, but every class is getting lots of transfers.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics