Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media
PSA - so much lying on Instagram

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 9:26 pm
An immediate family member has a very popular account on Instagram. She constantly does these “ask me anything” chats and it just gets me so mad to see them. It’s just lots of lying and it takes everything I have not to call her out on it.

Don’t believe them. I have to get rid of this Instagram thing it’s so so damaging and it’s all just a big lie. And I’m not even going to talk about all the filters and photoshop.

Just know this. Don’t buy into their lifestyle or what they show you, even if they pretend to “keep it real” with some manufactured drama. I don’t even understand why they’re so insecure to do all this they should be confident and happy with themselves instead of constantly putting out fake content and exposing their whole lives.

trixx

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 9:43 pm
Every time this topic comes up I say the same thing. Your Instagram is not mine. I don't have or follow this drama on my app.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 11:29 pm
Yup...just get rid of it. I did and don't regret it for a second. Apart from not wasting so much time on it, it just feels so cleansing not to get so annoyed all the time about stupid things that people do on there, especially when they don't even concern me one little bit Yes, Instagram is good for some things...I got a lot of good ideas about all sorts of things and have bought things I saw on there....but the amount of stupidity, showing off and all kinds of other annoying is just not worth it.

amother
Vanilla

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 11:31 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
An immediate family member has a very popular account on Instagram. She constantly does these “ask me anything” chats and it just gets me so mad to see them. It’s just lots of lying and it takes everything I have not to call her out on it.

Don’t believe them. I have to get rid of this Instagram thing it’s so so damaging and it’s all just a big lie. And I’m not even going to talk about all the filters and photoshop.

Just know this. Don’t buy into their lifestyle or what they show you, even if they pretend to “keep it real” with some manufactured drama. I don’t even understand why they’re so insecure to do all this they should be confident and happy with themselves instead of constantly putting out fake content and exposing their whole lives.

You’re right, same on Facebook, people so insecure they have to blast their whole (exaggerated) “great” lives for the world! It’s sick, if you know you have something you don’t have to try to convince the world,
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media