Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
If you had covid in the past few weeks

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 10:16 pm
If you had covid in the past few weeks how did you feel? And what did you take to feel better?

Please only answer my questions, do not turn this thread into any Vax argument.

amother
Pistachio

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 10:57 pm
Monoclonal antibodies (made me feel better almost immediately)
Advil
Tylenol
Hot shower
Tea
Chicken soup

Refuah shelaima!

amother
Buttercup

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 11:03 pm
I felt super dizzy and weak. Had the monoclonal antibody treatment as soon as I tested positive.
I felt pretty weak for another day or 2. I also had pretty bad sinus pressure.
And lost my taste and smell. When will I get it back? Sad Sad

amother
Nemesia

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 11:27 pm
Started with a headache and then had fever for a few days. Lost smell on day 4 and haven’t gotten it back yet. Was terrible dizzy for a full two weeks.
Was really nothing major. I continued functioning normally as a mother.

amother
Red

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 12:00 am
I tested positive on a Monday, but due to stupid red tape in my area, I was only able to get the monoclonal antibody treatment that Friday. In the meantime, I took zinc, Vitamin C, and Vitamin D, as well as a specific mouthwash (containing cetylpyridinium chloride), and nasal iodine drops. DH took Quercetin as well (I could not because I'm pregnant), and he regularly takes curcumin/turmeric.

We followed this https://covid19criticalcare.co.....H.pdf to the extent things were available to us.

Everyone in the house was sick. Was like a mild flu. A lot of fatigue, coughing, sore throat, headache. Some of us lost taste and/or smell. Baruch Hashem, we all were feeling mostly better within a week. Still some lingering symptoms - taste is slowly returning, and some of us are still occasionally coughing.

For the record, DH is the only one vaccinated in the family. And he was the one who infected the rest of us, AND he had the worst symptoms. Go figure.

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 12:44 am
Just tested positive. What are the benefits of getting monoclonal antibodies? Can I wait a day or 2 and see how I’m feeling? Bh doing ok on Motrin.

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 12:51 am
Is anyone familiar with 3% sodium chloride nebulizer for Covid?

Amother red- can I use chlorehexidine gluconate oral rinse? And what does the melatonin do?

miami85

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 12:54 am
I had a tickle in my throat first, felt like I constantly had to clear my throat which made me cough a little, after 2 days the full-force hit--but it felt like a head cold, runny nose, coughing, that night I had a temp of 99.9 and I felt "sick".

I also was able to get monoclonal antibodies within 24 hours of my positive test and on the way to the hospital--I felt well enough to drive 30 mins away, I went through what felt like 1/2 a tissue box, on the way back it felt like I had taken a Sudafed and I was like "WOW". I was quite impressed, I used a tissue here and there the rest of the time. I felt better mostly within a day or so later--just would feel "wiped" easier and needed a daily nap.

I'm expecting so I can't take Motrin.

amother
Sunflower

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 1:00 am
Started feeling sick Monday morning with severe headache all day going thru Tuesday BH today no headache. Took Vit C, D, Zinc, and Quercitin (starting tonight). Dry coughing a little here and there, had chills and fever on Mon and Tues and sweat a lot too. BH today was much better. Actually feels like it's getting better, will see how the night is and how I feel tomorrow if I'll add anything. Refuah Shleima.

miami85

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 1:01 am
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
Just tested positive. What are the benefits of getting monoclonal antibodies? Can I wait a day or 2 and see how I’m feeling? Bh doing ok on Motrin.

It's best to take it within the first 4-5 days but "ASAP" is advised. It doesn't really feel like anything, its an IV but it's really not that bad, I didn't realize it had already started. They made me wait some time after it was done just to make sure there were no adverse reactions. I felt SO much better right away--like I'd taken a Sudafed, but I was a bit tired later in the day (it's one of the possible side effects)

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 1:06 am
Got right before succos.

Headache
Extreme fatigue
Cough
Coungrstion like sinus infection

Took tons of vitamins per my doc

Took monoclonal on day 3 - same day I got positive. My dh it helped immediately. I was still feeling not well a few days after.

Cough and tiredness lingered until this week.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 1:44 am
Felt miserable. Fever (low grade). Felt like walking through honey couldn’t breathe panting in heat and exhaustion. Had to sit. (I AM pregnant but still.)

Took monoclonal within hours of positive test. Felt like I was dying (cv) that night but woke up the next morning as if I had a bad cold. Rested that day (shabbos) then dh got it and got the treatment too, BH responded wonderfully too.

Hung out a lot on the couch over the next two weeks of isolation/quarantine with kids. Felt weak a lot, but BH BH BH cold symptoms faded after first day or so. Didn’t even take Tylenol except for first day or so. Drank like a camel constantly tons and tons of water!!

amother
Geranium

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 2:17 am
had sinus symptoms at first, very runny clear nose, head and eye pressure, and burning nose. this lasted a couple days. then I had a day of what felt flu-ish, body aches low fever and big headache. Had stomach issues, acid/burning feeling and diahrea. Had spotting even though I was on the pill. lost taste and smell. Still have a little bit of congestion and not back to normal with taste and smell. Feeling a lot better 2 weeks later. Wasn't actually sick in bed but was definitely feeling it! I took motrin and tylenol a couple times for the headache/eye pressure. I took vit D and zinc and oscillococcinum. unvaccinated.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 2:20 am
It's so so important to get the infusion early.
Bh my husband and I had it last week and within 24 hours it really helps most pple tremendously
It's really nothing- a ten minute IV
It's a great miracle that its available now
In my community they are giving it to anyone that had exposure, tests positive etc... even many vaccinated pple
It's a huge yeshua

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 7:35 am
How many of you had Covid the second time? Is it milder and don’t need the infusion if you have it the second time?

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 7:45 am
amother [ Cyclamen ] wrote:

It's really nothing- a ten minute IV
It's a great miracle that its available now
In my community they are giving it to anyone that had exposure, tests positive etc... even many vaccinated pple
It's a huge yeshua

Depends on location
Bikur cholim in lkwd sent us to kimball hospital.

It took 6 hrs. From start to finish there.

I was weak, cold, starving, sick. I wish I would’ve known it would take so long bec I would’ve brought blankets, food, phone charger. It was difficult leaving my child so long bec no one could watch them.

It takes minimum 1.5 hrs here bec it’s 1/2 hr I’ve infusion plus 1 hr observation.

You need to meet criteria to get it. Bikur cholim helps you figure it out. You must bring the positive pcr with you.

(My friend in Florida told me it took 20 minutes. Here it was a much longer, complicated ordeal).

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 11:22 am
Thank you all for the replies.

The past few days I've had a bad cold and sinus that turned into coughing as well.
Hoping it doesn't go past this.
Any vitamin recommendations?

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 11:35 am
This is what our dr recommended:

3-6 melatonin - to help with brain fog, also found it so hard to sleep
250 quercetin - helps with zinc absorption
1000 vitamin d (some say more)
500-1000 vitamin c - (some say more and some say none bec can increase inflammation)
50 zinc
325 aspirin

Don’t sleep on back.

Once recovered can get back sense of smell by ’smelling’ essential oils: eucalyptus, rose and fresh lemon. It really works!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics