Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Lakewood office manager salary
Previous  1  2

amother
Electricblue

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 6:35 pm
amother [ DarkKhaki ] wrote:
Wow. For fifteen hours that’s incredible! Good for you! How many years are you at this place? Are you a bookkeeper or what type of position is it?

This thread is quite fascinating. Thats my salary for pretty much the same hours (though I do work Friday) for a 10 month a year hebrew teaching job. And I thought teachers were so underpaid.

gorilla

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 6:35 pm
You can make way more then 50k for being an office manager. I agree you can make 80k or even more

amother
Birch

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 6:49 pm
amother [ Electricblue ] wrote:
This thread is quite fascinating. Thats my salary for pretty much the same hours (though I do work Friday) for a 10 month a year hebrew teaching job. And I thought teachers were so underpaid.

I have flexibility which you don’t. I can choose to work from home. I can stay home with a sick kid. I can schedule appointments at any time of the day. I can choose which hours I want to work… there are plenty of perks to my job that a teacher doesn’t have… plus you work extra hours speaking to parents, preparing, grading papers… which I don’t

amother
Brickred

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 6:51 pm
amother recruiter, I'm sure you know more than me. but I actually interview and hire in my office as manager. I have reached out to a couple of recruiting agencies and we barely get anything even remotely interesting to look into further. Also, anyone that they send our way, with completely no experience in our field (most are coming with no office experience I.e. teacher, salewoman... are asking for starting 40k for 9-330. (we do NH AP and AR...)

anyone that has more than 3 years exp in their field can easily get 50k. so if you have more to sell you can up your salary req and most likely get it.

listen, money is not everything and that's one reason I'm still at my job that elsewhere would net me probably closer to 100k and now I'm getting 65k...
also, in lakewood, most jobs offer standard hours from 9-330. its not really considered 'part time here...

amother
Electricblue

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 6:57 pm
amother [ Birch ] wrote:
I have flexibility which you don’t. I can choose to work from home. I can stay home with a sick kid. I can schedule appointments at any time of the day. I can choose which hours I want to work… there are plenty of perks to my job that a teacher doesn’t have… plus you work extra hours speaking to parents, preparing, grading papers… which I don’t

True...but free tuition....

amother
Oatmeal

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 7:09 pm
amother [ Brickred ] wrote:
amother recruiter, I'm sure you know more than me. but I actually interview and hire in my office as manager. I have reached out to a couple of recruiting agencies and we barely get anything even remotely interesting to look into further. Also, anyone that they send our way, with completely no experience in our field (most are coming with no office experience I.e. teacher, salewoman... are asking for starting 40k for 9-330. (we do NH AP and AR...)

anyone that has more than 3 years exp in their field can easily get 50k. so if you have more to sell you can up your salary req and most likely get it.

listen, money is not everything and that's one reason I'm still at my job that elsewhere would net me probably closer to 100k and now I'm getting 65k...
also, in lakewood, most jobs offer standard hours from 9-330. its not really considered 'part time here...

I do nursing home AR and I specialize in HMO collections. About 5 years experience What salary do you think I can negotiate for.

amother
DarkGreen

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 7:22 pm
I've personally landed a couple of these 80-90k a year jobs.

However, I have found that these jobs do not last. There is often ridiculous expectations or drama involved in these scenarios.

So I am currently taking a break and enjoying being a SAHM.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 8:55 pm
amother [ Petunia ] wrote:
It's all hype. Again as a recruiter, I am just not seeing crazy offers like these anywhere. If someone is super qualified and in a niche field, that is another story but to say that everyone is getting these offers is just misleading and plain wrong. Also we are swamped with candidates, BH.

I agree that there are definitely opportunities out there for office managers paying 80k plus. You need to reach out to the right recruiters, some specialize in management level positions. I have been to interviews myself and have bh landed a job paying well above that. I have actually been told by an employer that the recruiting company argued with them against offering a high salary. They were deliberately trying to keep starting salary close to 30 an hour. (Not exactly sure why the recruiters would care). Fact is, in the current job market situation, there are businesses that are willing to pay for the right candidate. Not all businesses, but there are some. There are some great job search chats to join, I still get daily postings and see the numbers offered....

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 9:28 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
I agree that there are definitely opportunities out there for office managers paying 80k plus. You need to reach out to the right recruiters, some specialize in management level positions. I have been to interviews myself and have bh landed a job paying well above that. I have actually been told by an employer that the recruiting company argued with them against offering a high salary. They were deliberately trying to keep starting salary close to 30 an hour. (Not exactly sure why the recruiters would care). Fact is, in the current job market situation, there are businesses that are willing to pay for the right candidate. Not all businesses, but there are some. There are some great job search chats to join, I still get daily postings and see the numbers offered....

Do you think it's better to go to a recruiter or join a chat? Where am I more likely to find such a job?

amother
Kiwi

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 9:40 pm
Periwinkle, which Lakewood recruiters would you recommend please? Or anyone else? That would be able to find me the best paying position?

amother
Papayawhip

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 9:56 pm
Don't forget that if the job offers health insurance or other benefits, it's sometimes worth more than a 50k salary somewhere depending on medications or therapies needed, just saying.

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 1:27 am
My sister started working 2 years ago. Now she is a manager and makes around $100k. She does work 12 hour work days and is extremely devoted.

amother
Brickred

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 4:53 am
amother [ Oatmeal ] wrote:
I do nursing home AR and I specialize in HMO collections. About 5 years experience What salary do you think I can negotiate for.

Depending on how big the office you are looking to go to will depend how much they can offer. And how desperate they are…
I’d say you can get 55-60k for that position.

amother
Brickred

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 4:54 am
Depending on how big the office you are looking to go to will depend how much they can offer. And how desperate they are…

You also have to be aware that it sound great to be offered so much but not sure how long this employees market will last and in a yr when you request a raise I wonder how much more they’d offer you…

amother
Lightgreen

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 5:01 am
Most managers that make so much are because they’ve been in the same office many years and have proven themselves, get steady raises, and started out as full time but then cut their hours when the kids started coming.

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 5:02 am

And also depending on hours.

9-330 is a lot different than 930-3.

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 5:25 am
amother [ Whitesmoke ] wrote:
My sister started working 2 years ago. Now she is a manager and makes around $100k. She does work 12 hour work days and is extremely devoted.

So that’s not considered 100k like all these people are saying.

Bec I make more than half of that working 5 hours a day, but it still doesn’t mean that an office manager in Lakewood can expect to get 80k for a 9-3.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries