Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Keeping shoes on

notshanarishona

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 10:47 am
My 2 year old hates wearing socks and shoes. He is constantly taking them off. Personally inside I don’t mind but he is in preschool now and they don’t like it.
Any suggestions? He is already getting OT for low muscle tone and sensory issues .
Also open to any recommendations of super comfortable light weight material type shoes although we have already tried about 10 brands.
He does seem to like natives/ crocs better than sneakers.

Blessing1

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 10:49 am
Perhaps get him shoes with laces. Tie them with a double knot so that he shouldn't be able to get them off.

notshanarishona

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 11:10 am
Blessing1 wrote:
Perhaps get him shoes with laces. Tie them with a double knot so that he shouldn't be able to get them off.

I always felt like that’s not nice to a teacher to have to constantly tie shoes on a kid who is too young to tie them but that’s an interesting idea

Blessing1

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 11:14 am
notshanarishona wrote:
I always felt like that’s not nice to a teacher to have to constantly tie shoes on a kid who is too young to tie them but that’s an interesting idea

Why would the teacher have to tie the shoes? If you make a tight double not, the shoes should stay tied all day.

notshanarishona

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 11:15 am
Blessing1 wrote:
Why would the teacher have to tie the shoes? If you make a tight double not, the shoes should stay tied all day.

I have never seen a active kid whose shoes stay tied all day and I am a teacher.

amother
Marigold

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 11:21 am
Granted, I am a hundred years old, but I never bought young children shoes that they can remove themselves, or I would have had no shoes left after I took them out in a stroller.
I was a SAHM and did not send out until nursery school, after they were 3, so regarding teachers, I cannot speak.

Blessing1

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 11:29 am
notshanarishona wrote:
I have never seen a active kid whose shoes stay tied all day and I am a teacher.

Even if it's tied with a strong double knot? My toddler wears his shoes all day, it's impossible for him to untie them. It's hard even for my older kids.
How about a buckle? Do you think he'll be able to open the buckle?

notshanarishona

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 4:54 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
Even if it's tied with a strong double knot? My toddler wears his shoes all day, it's impossible for him to untie them. It's hard even for my older kids.
How about a buckle? Do you think he'll be able to open the buckle?

You are talking about a kid who has broken the buckles of 3 different high chairs and 2 car seats, and countless strollers. He is that determined to get things off when they bother him. He literally uses his teeth to help him open buckles he isn’t strong enough to push. But I would try anything once
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics