Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
What's your favorite place to eat in Miami Beach?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 10:29 am
Going away for a short getaway to Miami, and staying in mid-beach.

What are your favorite places for brunch/lunch/dinner in mid or south Miami beach, please?

Also, what grocery store is nearby? I saw Kosher Price Market on google and Trader Joe's, but neither one is so close to where we are staying. Any other ideas?

Thanks very much!

amother
Chicory

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 10:30 am
Where are you staying?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 10:32 am
amother [ Chicory ] wrote:
Where are you staying?

mid-beach

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 10:32 am
Where is that?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 10:34 am
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
Where is that?

39th st & Collins Ave,

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 10:34 am
All four groceries in Miami Beach are on 41st street, as are all the eateries.

Trader Joe's is further down.

If you are staying closer to 95th street and Collins, your better off going to Harding Ave.
I don't think there's anything in between the two.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 10:36 am
All four groceries in Miami Beach are on 41st street, as are all the eateries.

Trader Joe's is further down.

If you are staying closer to 95th street and Collins, your better off going to Harding Ave.
I don't think there's anything in between the two.

Thanks. What are the names of the grocery stores, and where is a good place to eat please?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 10:38 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks. What are the names of the grocery stores, and where is a good place to eat please?

Forgot to add that I prefer to uber or walk if close enough than driving by car in that area.

amother
Seablue

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 10:44 am
backyard BBQ.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 10:45 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Forgot to add that I prefer to uber or walk if close enough than driving by car in that area.

OK so your closest kosher grocery store is Kosher Price. They actually have two storefronts. The second one sells fresh pizza as well.

The other groceries are Kastners and Yes market. Both about a block further than Kosher Price. They are both on opposite corners of 41st street.

Walgreens pharmacy is very close to you, right over the bridge. They have a lot of groceries also.

For eateries, there is Lenny's pizza (like an old style pizza shop) They have very good pizza. All the way by Alton there's Bagel time, which is like a brunch place. There's another dairy on the corner of prairie- I forget it's name. Maybe Montefiore?

For fleishig there's Pita hut and Pita loca, grill house and China beach.

These are all in Miami Beach proper. All walking distance to where u are, but it's still pretty hot these days...

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 10:45 am
amother [ Seablue ] wrote:
backyard BBQ.

This is on Harding. You would need an uber.

clowny

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 10:53 am
OK so your closest kosher grocery store is Kosher Price. They actually have two storefronts. The second one sells fresh pizza as well.

The other groceries are Kastners and Yes market. Both about a block further than Kosher Price. They are both on opposite corners of 41st street.

Walgreens pharmacy is very close to you, right over the bridge. They have a lot of groceries also.

For eateries, there is Lenny's pizza (like an old style pizza shop) They have very good pizza. All the way by Alton there's Bagel time, which is like a brunch place. There's another dairy on the corner of prairie- I forget it's name. Maybe Montefiore?

These are all in Miami Beach proper. All walking distance to where u are, but it's still pretty hot these days...

Montefiore closed down.

SuperWify

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 10:54 am
Mendels BBQ
Rustiqo

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 10:55 am

Thanks so much! Super helpful.
Do I need to make dining reservations to any of the above? And does any of them have outdoor seating?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 10:57 am
clowny wrote:
Montefiore closed down.

Are you sure? Then I'm talking about the other one, opposite CVS. I just passed it today. Tasti Cafe or something g like that?

I'll check soon when I go out again.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 10:58 am
Also, does anyone know Tasty Beach Cafe? is it a good Hechser? And is the food any good

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 10:59 am
Are you sure? Then I'm talking about the other one, opposite CVS. I just passed it today. Tasti Cafe or something g like that?

I'll check soon when I go out again.

Our posts must have crossed! Smile

How is that place -- Tasty Beach Cafe?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 10:59 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks so much! Super helpful.
Do I need to make dining reservations to any of the above? And does any of them have outdoor seating?

Grill house has outdoor seating.
I don't know about reservations. Depends on the season..I think it's still early in the season but it doesn't hurt to reserve just in case.

Rustiko and mendels BBQ is on harding.
Isn't mendels the same as backyard bbq?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 11:01 am
SuperWify wrote:
Mendels BBQ
Rustiqo

Thanks but looks like these two are in North Beach.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 11:02 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Our posts must have crossed! Smile

How is that place -- Tasty Beach Cafe?

I don't think I've ever eaten there. Not sure why. But it always looks like it's full of people so it must be good. They also have outdoor seating.
I think all the restaurants have the same hechsher - KM. But double check because im not sure.

We don't eat out a lot. Most of these places are for tourists.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics