Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
What's your favorite place to eat in Miami Beach?
Previous  1  2

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 2:04 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks but looks like these two are in North Beach.

No . They are in Surfside. That's Harding avenue. About 10-15 minutes drive from where u will be staying. When there's no traffic.

ETA: there are a lot of eateries on Harding. Kosh is another one. Serendipity is a CY ice cream store. And Tapas 26 and sushi is a milchig fancy place.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 2:04 pm
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
OK so your closest kosher grocery store is Kosher Price. They actually have two storefronts. The second one sells fresh pizza as well.

The other groceries are Kastners and Yes market. Both about a block further than Kosher Price. They are both on opposite corners of 41st street.

Walgreens pharmacy is very close to you, right over the bridge. They have a lot of groceries also.

For eateries, there is Lenny's pizza (like an old style pizza shop) They have very good pizza. All the way by Alton there's Bagel time, which is like a brunch place. There's another dairy on the corner of prairie- I forget it's name. Maybe Montefiore?

For fleishig there's Pita hut and Pita loca, grill house and China beach.

These are all in Miami Beach proper. All walking distance to where u are, but it's still pretty hot these

Out of the fleishig ones, which one would you recommend?

amother
Forsythia

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 2:07 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Also, does anyone know Tasty Beach Cafe? is it a good Hechser? And is the food any good

It’s not cholov Yisroel.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 2:09 pm
I don't think I've ever eaten there. Not sure why. But it always looks like it's full of people so it must be good. They also have outdoor seating.
I think all the restaurants have the same hechsher - KM. But double check because im not sure.

What Hechsher is KM? What does it stand for please?

We don't eat out a lot. Most of these places are for tourists.

I get it. We don't eat out a lot when we are home either...This is a special treat.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 2:11 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Out of the fleishig ones, which one would you recommend?

As I said, we don't eat out a lot, only when visitors come from NY and take us out...
But, for whatever it's worth..

I like Grill house a lot. Food is always good. It's very close to my house (in Miami Beach proper). It's a nicer ambience, with tablecloths etc. Good service.

Pita loca has like wraps and laffas. Israeli style. More like fast food.

Pita hut is also Israeli style but a bigger menu. More casual- no tablecloths. Don't love the food, but alot of other ppl seem to like it.

In Surfside- mendels BBQ , I was there once- it was OK. If you like bbq sauce. Very casual dining, loud music etc.

Kosh is similar to grill house. Food is very good usually. A bit fancier.

I don't think I ever ate in rustiko. (I'm not sure if it's milchog or fleishig)

clowny

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 2:12 pm
Are you sure? Then I'm talking about the other one, opposite CVS. I just passed it today. Tasti Cafe or something g like that?

I'll check soon when I go out again.

I’m pretty sure.
You probably saw Tasty cafe, and if I remember well, it’s not cholov yisroel.

amother
Diamond

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 2:12 pm
Streets on Harding fantastic food.

Fuego you’ll have to travel further- great place, and it’s a lot of fun. Loud party scene kind of place.

Rustiko- dairy- great for breakfast lunch and supper.

26 tapas is great sushi and fish place. Great appetizers and the best drinks!

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 2:14 pm
clowny wrote:
I’m pretty sure.
You probably saw Tasty cafe, and if I remember well, it’s not cholov yisroel.

OK. That must be why I never ate there. Lol.
I knew one of them wasn't CY, but I couldn't remember which bec Montifore and Tasti were both on the same side of the street just one block over. So I get confused.

amother
Diamond

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 2:15 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Also, does anyone know Tasty Beach Cafe? is it a good Hechser? And is the food any good

Good hechsher- kosher Miami but it’s not all cholov yisroel. So if you eat CY you need to special request and they’ll tell you what’s ok.

clowny

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 2:16 pm
OK. That must be why I never ate there. Lol.
I knew one of them wasn't CY, but I couldn't remember which bec Montifore and Tasti were both on the same side of the street just one block over. So I get confused.

I used to get confused too. They even look the same too

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 2:17 pm
amother [ Diamond ] wrote:
Streets on Harding fantastic food.

Fuego you’ll have to travel further- great place, and it’s a lot of fun. Loud party scene kind of place.

Rustiko- dairy- great for breakfast lunch and supper.

26 tapas is great sushi and fish place. Great appetizers and the best drinks!

If you go to Fuego, you need to reserve way in advance. And you need to come on time, otherwise they give away your table.

My parents came a few months ago and we made a reservation at Fuego. They give you 15 min grace period. I came like 18 minutes late and the table was gone.

Fuego is much closer to North Miami Beach. About a 30 minutes drive from where you are- depending on traffic.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 2:19 pm
clowny wrote:
I used to get confused too. They even look the same too

Exactly and they have tables outside.

By the way, some people like to eat at Duncan donuts. It has a hechsher too and they sell tuna bagels and such. You need to request CY milk.

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 3:25 pm
Tasty has the best food imo but they are not cy. Also there is often a wait for a table, and there are no reservations. Otherwise I would go to lenny's for milchig. They also have pasta dishes and salads.

amother
Lightcyan

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 3:49 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Things may have changed since I was last in MB, but they were never CY - if that matters to you.

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 3:58 pm
amother [ Forsythia ] wrote:
It’s not cholov Yisroel.

Some food is. At least last I was there. Certain cheeses are and certain are not.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics