Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Who is great with curly wigs in CH for re-cut

Earnest

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 3:10 pm
I just bought a pre-owned very curly Tikki Dean wig for $700. Think Botecceli hair. (misspelled). I will look at hair styling magazines to choose curly styles that would suit me, a middle-aged woman. I must have been out of my mind to buy a wig that was made for a kallah. It seems too fancy for me. I don't want to ruin it, but I can't wear it in its present state. It's too overwhelming on me. It's around 23" long, all one length, and so fluffy it's almost as wide as it is long. After I darken the color a bit, and pay for minor repairs, I'm thinking of just getting shaping and layers near my face, and just putting the masses of curls into a short pony. It would break my heart to reduce its volume, but it seems like there is enough hair there for two wigs. Who in CH specializes in re-cutting a curly wig (that they didn't sell to you.) Thanks for your suggestions...(I tried to include 2 photos in this post but don't think it worked)

Librarian

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 5:20 pm
Sorry I don't know anyone to recommend but please know you can have hair wefts removed from the wig to make it thinner.

amother
Thistle

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 3:35 pm
Earnest wrote:
I just bought a pre-owned very curly Tikki Dean wig for $700. Think Botecceli hair. (misspelled). I will look at hair styling magazines to choose curly styles that would suit me, a middle-aged woman. I must have been out of my mind to buy a wig that was made for a kallah. It seems too fancy for me. I don't want to ruin it, but I can't wear it in its present state. It's too overwhelming on me. It's around 23" long, all one length, and so fluffy it's almost as wide as it is long. After I darken the color a bit, and pay for minor repairs, I'm thinking of just getting shaping and layers near my face, and just putting the masses of curls into a short pony. It would break my heart to reduce its volume, but it seems like there is enough hair there for two wigs. Who in CH specializes in re-cutting a curly wig (that they didn't sell to you.) Thanks for your suggestions...(I tried to include 2 photos in this post but don't think it worked)

I too bought a very curly wig that has enough hair for 2 wigs. First , I had wefts removed but it was still so puffy/frizzy on top and width. I brought it to someone, who had to thin it out with scissors..not the best way to do it it, but wefts could not be removed..then she cut some hair around my face and the length. It is much more wearable now. not in CH

amother
Daphne

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 4:23 pm
I dont have personal experience, but heard 10 years ago there was someone in CH who was excellent with cutting, her name was Sheila

you will need to Find out who she is, and if people feel she would suit your needs

you can even ask her to come see some of her made ones, discuss what you would need and see what she has to say. get a feel if its a match.

Please let me know

Hatzlacha
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels