Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
For those who got Moderna

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 1:34 pm
Please only answer this if you actually got the vaccine. I got Moderna and I heard today on the radio that there's limited evidence that the effect of the vaccine wears off at this point in time. They are still pushing the booster. Would you get the booster with this information?

amother
Calendula

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 1:46 pm
Who is pushing the booster? I work for a huge health care system and they have not recommended the booster for those who got moderna.

I'm not getting one with the current info. I was vaccinated in Dec/Jan last year.

fleetwood

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 2:04 pm
Moderna is not pushing the booster..it hasn't even been approved yet.

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 2:05 pm
The Moderna booster is not currently recommended for anyone in the US. They're still reviewing it. They did say that the Moderna seems to be better than the Pfizer in terms of waning immunity.

leah.bp

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 2:08 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Please only answer this if you actually got the vaccine. I got Moderna and I heard today on the radio that there's limited evidence that the effect of the vaccine wears off at this point in time. They are still pushing the booster. Would you get the booster with this information?

my doc actually told me Moderna is better then the others

fleetwood

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 2:38 pm
leah.bp wrote:

Yes. I was so sick after the second shot..102 fever,headache,aches,chills...but I was so happy Bec I knew it was working. Had I had no side effects I would've doubted the efficacy of the vaccine.

Earnest

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 2:48 pm
I got 2nd dose of Moderna in February and pushed to get antibody titer test in March. (Drs. in USA want to save that test for patients taking immuno-suppresent meds to determine if ANY antibodies were produced. I read that it often takes 3 doses to elicit a protective response. The test is expensive I think. My results were 'very high' at 760 but all that means is that I would G.W., likely survive covid.) The dose of vaccine in Moderna is 100 units in each shot, but the dose of Pfizer is only 30 units. No wonder Moderna protects better. I'm waiting for the booster for both Moderna and Shingles. (My Dr. told me to get Shingles vaccine, which I did in July.) I don't want to confuse or over-work my immune system...I'm old, over-weight, high risk.

amother
Peony

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 4:15 pm
My coworker got the moderna vaccine in January. She just tested positive and has all the symptoms.

I just saw the fda approved boosters for moderna in lower doses than initial.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 4:27 pm
fleetwood wrote:
Yes. I was so sick after the second shot..102 fever,headache,aches,chills...but I was so happy Bec I knew it was working. Had I had no side effects I would've doubted the efficacy of the vaccine.

Do you always get such side effect after the flu shot? And if you don't do you doubt that it works?

fleetwood

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 4:31 pm
[quote="amother [ Fuchsia ]"]Do you always get such side effect after the flu shot? And if you don't do you doubt that it works?[/quote

I've never gotten such horrible side effects from the flu shots and in fact didn't even have a sore arm this time. I don't fear that it means it's ineffective Bec I've been diagnosed with flu twice over the past 20 yrs of being vaxxed but luckily had a mild case..so I know the vaxx works. I probably would've believed in the efficacy of moderna but knowing how sick I was after makes me even more confident that I developed antibodies...which btw I checked 6 months later and still have!

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 4:37 pm
[quote="fleetwood"]
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
Do you always get such side effect after the flu shot? And if you don't do you doubt that it works?[/quote

I've never gotten such horrible side effects from the flu shots and in fact didn't even have a sore arm this time. I don't fear that it means it's ineffective Bec I've been diagnosed with flu twice over the past 20 yrs of being vaxxed but luckily had a mild case..so I know the vaxx works. I probably would've believed in the efficacy of moderna but knowing how sick I was after makes me even more confident that I developed antibodies...which btw I checked 6 months later and still have!

IN all my twenty seven years of life I never got the flu jab nor did I ever experience flu BH. So I guess not vaccinating works as well.
However I do know an elderly man that decided after many years of not having the flu to take a flu jab BC he is getting older and lo and behold he got the flu and felt so sick nebach. But the vaccine must have saved him from dying What

amother
Lightgray

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 4:38 pm
leah.bp wrote:

My dad disagrees. Got covid after vaccination and was hospitalized severely ill.

fleetwood

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 4:42 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
IN all my twenty seven years of life I never got the flu jab nor did I ever experience flu BH. So I guess not vaccinating works as well.
However I do know an elderly man that decided after many years of not having the flu to take a flu jab BC he is getting older and lo and behold he got the flu and felt so sick nebach. But the vaccine must have saved him from dying What

Well good for you Banging head
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics