Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Squid game

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 11:38 pm
Did anyone watch in on Netflix? Omg!!!!

Chickensoupprof

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 4:03 pm
Just saw the first episode it’s unsettling but also really psychological thrilling I’m puzzled

sequoia

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 4:16 pm
I loved it. Watched it twice, actually.

I fast-forwarded through the gory parts.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 4:21 pm
Dumb question. Isn’t it in Chinese?

icebreaker

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 4:36 pm
thunderstorm wrote:

It's dubbed on Netflix.

icedcoffee

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 4:43 pm
Watching it now!! I'm only on episode 6 though (but ahh the marbles, I can't get over it!!)

We're watching with subtitles, I've heard the dubbed version doesn't compare. Also it's Korean not Chinese fwiw

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 4:46 pm
icebreaker wrote:
It's dubbed on Netflix.

Dumber question: what does dubbed mean?
I went to go watch it a few weeks ago and it started in Chinese so I logged out of it.

OOTforlife

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 4:47 pm
Korean, not Chinese.

sequoia

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 4:54 pm
Ew, dubbing sucks. Watch with subtitles.

Netflix has shows and movies in every language. I’ve watched a lot of French films and shows (there I don’t really need subtitles but I turn them on in case I miss something), a Polish film, a Spanish miniseries, a German miniseries (Charité — it was excellent), a Danish miniseries, Japanese reality shows, a Chinese costume drama, a Bulgarian film, and now this Korean show.

And of course Israeli shows and films like Shtisel, Fauda, Zero Motivation, The Kind Words, and some others.

There are two options for subtitles — English and English CC. The latter is more comprehensive.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 5:05 pm
sequoia wrote:
Ew, dubbing sucks. Watch with subtitles.

Netflix has shows and movies in every language. I’ve watched a lot of French films and shows (there I don’t really need subtitles but I turn them on in case I miss something), a Polish film, a Spanish miniseries, a German miniseries (Charité — it was excellent), a Danish miniseries, Japanese reality shows, a Chinese costume drama, a Bulgarian film, and now this Korean show.

And of course Israeli shows and films like Shtisel, Fauda, Zero Motivation, The Kind Words, and some others.

There are two options for subtitles — English and English CC. The latter is more comprehensive.

Thanks Sequoia! I watch shows in Portuguese and Spanish with the subtitles. For some reason I had trouble following the Korean. I’ll try again maybe when the English CC.

amother
Tanzanite

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 6:42 pm
I have like 20 minutes left of the last episode, no spoilers!!! I love it so far but if the ending is bad I might change my mind. I need to cook for shobbos and my mind is on the games...
Reminds me of a book I read. The running man

Ok 8m back to say I loved watching until the last episode. Last episode ruined it for me ugh

Also, I feel like the fact that the North Korean girl stole his horse race prize money was the reason he needed to go to the games in the first place and noone even talks about it

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 6:44 pm
thunderstorm wrote:

Korean.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics